Subject: INFO: trying to register non-static key in update_defense_level

From: syzbot <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Sep 2020 14:19:16 -0700

Hello,

syzbot found the following issue on:

HEAD commit:    9322c47b Merge tag 'xfs-5.9-fixes-2' of git://git.kernel.o..
git tree:       upstream
console output: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/log.txt?x=1670fe59900000
kernel config:  https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/.config?x=bd46548257448703
dashboard link: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/bug?extid=80eac45c3b92882289f6
compiler:       gcc (GCC) 10.1.0-syz 20200507

Unfortunately, I don't have any reproducer for this issue yet.

IMPORTANT: if you fix the issue, please add the following tag to the commit:
Reported-by: [email-masked]

INFO: trying to register non-static key.
the code is fine but needs lockdep annotation.
turning off the locking correctness validator.
CPU: 0 PID: 607 Comm: kworker/0:12 Not tainted 5.9.0-rc3-syzkaller #0
Hardware name: Google Google Compute Engine/Google Compute Engine, BIOS Google 01/01/2011
Workqueue: events_long defense_work_handler
Call Trace:
 __dump_stack lib/dump_stack.c:77 [inline]
 dump_stack+0x198/0x1fd lib/dump_stack.c:118
 assign_lock_key kernel/locking/lockdep.c:894 [inline]
 register_lock_class+0x157d/0x1630 kernel/locking/lockdep.c:1206
 __lock_acquire+0xf9/0x5570 kernel/locking/lockdep.c:4305
 lock_acquire+0x1f3/0xae0 kernel/locking/lockdep.c:5006
 __raw_spin_lock include/linux/spinlock_api_smp.h:142 [inline]
 _raw_spin_lock+0x2a/0x40 kernel/locking/spinlock.c:151
 spin_lock include/linux/spinlock.h:354 [inline]
 update_defense_level+0xdc/0x10f0 net/netfilter/ipvs/ip_vs_ctl.c:113
 defense_work_handler+0x25/0xe0 net/netfilter/ipvs/ip_vs_ctl.c:235
 process_one_work+0x94c/0x1670 kernel/workqueue.c:2269
 worker_thread+0x64c/0x1120 kernel/workqueue.c:2415
 kthread+0x3b5/0x4a0 kernel/kthread.c:292
 ret_from_fork+0x1f/0x30 arch/x86/entry/entry_64.S:294

---
This report is generated by a bot. It may contain errors.
See https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ for more information about syzbot.
syzbot engineers can be reached at [email-masked].

syzbot will keep track of this issue. See:
https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ#status for how to communicate with syzbot.