Subject: WARNING in bpf_prog_select_runtime

From: syzbot <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2018 00:37:02 -0700

Hello,

syzbot found the following crash on:

HEAD commit:    ee946c36be21 Merge tag 'platform-drivers-x86-v4.17-2' of g..
git tree:       upstream
console output: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/log.txt?x=11ca275b800000
kernel config:  https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/.config?x=889265cebaf9bda1
dashboard link: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/bug?extid=3b889862e65a98317058
compiler:       gcc (GCC) 8.0.1 20180413 (experimental)
syzkaller repro:https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/repro.syz?x=17530b5b800000

IMPORTANT: if you fix the bug, please add the following tag to the commit:
Reported-by: [email-masked]

RAX: ffffffffffffffda RBX: 00000000014b0914 RCX: 0000000000455979
RDX: 0000000000000033 RSI: 0000000000000001 RDI: 0000000000000004
RBP: 000000000072bea0 R08: 0000000000000010 R09: 0000000000000000
R10: 0000000020000500 R11: 0000000000000246 R12: 0000000000000005
R13: 0000000000000578 R14: 00000000006fc3e0 R15: 000000000000000a
WARNING: CPU: 0 PID: 4502 at include/linux/filter.h:651 bpf_prog_lock_ro  
include/linux/filter.h:651 [inline]
WARNING: CPU: 0 PID: 4502 at include/linux/filter.h:651  
bpf_prog_select_runtime+0x53c/0x640 kernel/bpf/core.c:1503
Kernel panic - not syncing: panic_on_warn set ...

CPU: 0 PID: 4502 Comm: syz-executor0 Not tainted 4.17.0-rc3+ #35
Hardware name: Google Google Compute Engine/Google Compute Engine, BIOS  
Google 01/01/2011
Call Trace:
  __dump_stack lib/dump_stack.c:77 [inline]
  dump_stack+0x1b9/0x294 lib/dump_stack.c:113
  panic+0x22f/0x4de kernel/panic.c:184
  __warn.cold.8+0x163/0x1b3 kernel/panic.c:536
  report_bug+0x252/0x2d0 lib/bug.c:186
  fixup_bug arch/x86/kernel/traps.c:178 [inline]
  do_error_trap+0x1de/0x490 arch/x86/kernel/traps.c:296
  do_invalid_op+0x1b/0x20 arch/x86/kernel/traps.c:315
  invalid_op+0x14/0x20 arch/x86/entry/entry_64.S:992
RIP: 0010:bpf_prog_lock_ro include/linux/filter.h:651 [inline]
RIP: 0010:bpf_prog_select_runtime+0x53c/0x640 kernel/bpf/core.c:1503
RSP: 0018:ffff8801b094f8a8 EFLAGS: 00010293
RAX: ffff8801b194e040 RBX: ffffc90001944000 RCX: ffffffff81857b67
RDX: 0000000000000000 RSI: ffffffff81857efc RDI: 0000000000000005
RBP: ffff8801b094f908 R08: ffff8801b194e040 R09: 0000000000000006
R10: ffff8801b194e040 R11: 0000000000000000 R12: 00000000fffffff4
R13: ffffffff81862050 R14: 0000000000000000 R15: ffff8801d7186480
  bpf_migrate_filter net/core/filter.c:1069 [inline]
  bpf_prepare_filter+0xb65/0x1060 net/core/filter.c:1117
  __get_filter+0x1e0/0x280 net/core/filter.c:1310
  sk_reuseport_attach_filter+0x1d/0x90 net/core/filter.c:1343
  sock_setsockopt+0x1ad3/0x1f40 net/core/sock.c:954
  __sys_setsockopt+0x2df/0x390 net/socket.c:1899
  __do_sys_setsockopt net/socket.c:1914 [inline]
  __se_sys_setsockopt net/socket.c:1911 [inline]
  __x64_sys_setsockopt+0xbe/0x150 net/socket.c:1911
  do_syscall_64+0x1b1/0x800 arch/x86/entry/common.c:287
  entry_SYSCALL_64_after_hwframe+0x49/0xbe
RIP: 0033:0x455979
RSP: 002b:00007ffd0a44c648 EFLAGS: 00000246 ORIG_RAX: 0000000000000036
RAX: ffffffffffffffda RBX: 00000000014b0914 RCX: 0000000000455979
RDX: 0000000000000033 RSI: 0000000000000001 RDI: 0000000000000004
RBP: 000000000072bea0 R08: 0000000000000010 R09: 0000000000000000
R10: 0000000020000500 R11: 0000000000000246 R12: 0000000000000005
R13: 0000000000000578 R14: 00000000006fc3e0 R15: 000000000000000a
Dumping ftrace buffer:
    (ftrace buffer empty)
Kernel Offset: disabled
Rebooting in 86400 seconds..

---
This bug is generated by a bot. It may contain errors.
See https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ for more information about syzbot.
syzbot engineers can be reached at [email-masked].

syzbot will keep track of this bug report. See:
https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ#bug-status-tracking for how to communicate with  
syzbot.
syzbot can test patches for this bug, for details see:
https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ#testing-patches