Subject: [syzbot] [net?] [nfc?] KMSAN: uninit-value in nci_ntf_packet

From: syzbot <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Jan 2024 05:39:21 -0800

Hello,

syzbot found the following issue on:

HEAD commit:    3f82f1c3a036 Merge tag 'x86-urgent-2023-12-23' of git://gi..
git tree:       upstream
console output: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/log.txt?x=111a1579e80000
kernel config:  https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/.config?x=4a65fa9f077ead01
dashboard link: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/bug?extid=29b5ca705d2e0f4a44d2
compiler:       Debian clang version 15.0.6, GNU ld (GNU Binutils for Debian) 2.40

Unfortunately, I don't have any reproducer for this issue yet.

Downloadable assets:
disk image: https://storage.googleapis.com/syzbot-assets/6dcfebcfcfff/disk-3f82f1c3.raw.xz
vmlinux: https://storage.googleapis.com/syzbot-assets/827b51868337/vmlinux-3f82f1c3.xz
kernel image: https://storage.googleapis.com/syzbot-assets/4571542e7260/bzImage-3f82f1c3.xz

IMPORTANT: if you fix the issue, please add the following tag to the commit:
Reported-by: [email-masked]

nci: nci_add_new_protocol: the target found does not have the desired protocol
=====================================================
BUG: KMSAN: uninit-value in nci_rf_discover_ntf_packet net/nfc/nci/ntf.c:386 [inline]
BUG: KMSAN: uninit-value in nci_ntf_packet+0x2ac8/0x39c0 net/nfc/nci/ntf.c:798
 nci_rf_discover_ntf_packet net/nfc/nci/ntf.c:386 [inline]
 nci_ntf_packet+0x2ac8/0x39c0 net/nfc/nci/ntf.c:798
 nci_rx_work+0x213/0x500 net/nfc/nci/core.c:1522
 process_one_work kernel/workqueue.c:2627 [inline]
 process_scheduled_works+0x104e/0x1e70 kernel/workqueue.c:2700
 worker_thread+0xf45/0x1490 kernel/workqueue.c:2781
 kthread+0x3ed/0x540 kernel/kthread.c:388
 ret_from_fork+0x66/0x80 arch/x86/kernel/process.c:147
 ret_from_fork_asm+0x11/0x20 arch/x86/entry/entry_64.S:242

Uninit was created at:
 slab_post_alloc_hook+0x129/0xa70 mm/slab.h:768
 slab_alloc_node mm/slub.c:3478 [inline]
 kmem_cache_alloc_node+0x5e9/0xb10 mm/slub.c:3523
 kmalloc_reserve+0x13d/0x4a0 net/core/skbuff.c:560
 __alloc_skb+0x318/0x740 net/core/skbuff.c:651
 alloc_skb include/linux/skbuff.h:1286 [inline]
 virtual_ncidev_write+0x6d/0x280 drivers/nfc/virtual_ncidev.c:120
 vfs_write+0x561/0x1490 fs/read_write.c:582
 ksys_write+0x20f/0x4c0 fs/read_write.c:637
 __do_sys_write fs/read_write.c:649 [inline]
 __se_sys_write fs/read_write.c:646 [inline]
 __x64_sys_write+0x93/0xd0 fs/read_write.c:646
 do_syscall_x64 arch/x86/entry/common.c:52 [inline]
 do_syscall_64+0x44/0x110 arch/x86/entry/common.c:83
 entry_SYSCALL_64_after_hwframe+0x63/0x6b

CPU: 1 PID: 55 Comm: kworker/u4:3 Not tainted 6.7.0-rc6-syzkaller-00303-g3f82f1c3a036 #0
Hardware name: Google Google Compute Engine/Google Compute Engine, BIOS Google 11/17/2023
Workqueue: nfc2_nci_rx_wq nci_rx_work
=====================================================

---
This report is generated by a bot. It may contain errors.
See https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ for more information about syzbot.
syzbot engineers can be reached at [email-masked].

syzbot will keep track of this issue. See:
https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ#status for how to communicate with syzbot.

If the report is already addressed, let syzbot know by replying with:
#syz fix: exact-commit-title

If you want to overwrite report's subsystems, reply with:
#syz set subsystems: new-subsystem
(See the list of subsystem names on the web dashboard)

If the report is a duplicate of another one, reply with:
#syz dup: exact-subject-of-another-report

If you want to undo deduplication, reply with:
#syz undup