Subject: WARNING in cfg80211_inform_single_bss_frame_data

From: syzbot <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Feb 2021 01:06:12 -0800

Hello,

syzbot found the following issue on:

HEAD commit:    6642d600 Merge tag '5.11-rc5-smb3' of git://git.samba.org/..
git tree:       upstream
console output: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/log.txt?x=13f36b44d00000
kernel config:  https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/.config?x=96b123631a6700e9
dashboard link: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/bug?extid=405843667e93b9790fc1
compiler:       gcc (GCC) 10.1.0-syz 20200507
syz repro:      https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/repro.syz?x=13fdeca0d00000
C reproducer:   https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/repro.c?x=173e9028d00000

The issue was bisected to:

commit 4abb52a46e7336c1e568a53761c8b7a81bbaaeaf
Author: Sara Sharon <[email-masked]>
Date:   Wed Jan 16 10:14:41 2019 +0000

    mac80211: pass bssids to elements parsing function

bisection log:  https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/bisect.txt?x=153eaac4d00000
final oops:     https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/report.txt?x=173eaac4d00000
console output: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/log.txt?x=133eaac4d00000

IMPORTANT: if you fix the issue, please add the following tag to the commit:
Reported-by: [email-masked]
Fixes: 4abb52a46e73 ("mac80211: pass bssids to elements parsing function")

------------[ cut here ]------------
WARNING: CPU: 1 PID: 18 at net/wireless/scan.c:2337 cfg80211_inform_single_bss_frame_data+0xc7f/0xe90 net/wireless/scan.c:2337
Modules linked in:
CPU: 1 PID: 18 Comm: ksoftirqd/1 Not tainted 5.11.0-rc5-syzkaller #0
Hardware name: Google Google Compute Engine/Google Compute Engine, BIOS Google 01/01/2011
RIP: 0010:cfg80211_inform_single_bss_frame_data+0xc7f/0xe90 net/wireless/scan.c:2337
Code: 0f 0b 45 31 e4 e9 37 fb ff ff e8 3c 4a 3c f9 0f 0b 45 31 e4 e9 28 fb ff ff e8 2d 4a 3c f9 0f 0b e9 58 f4 ff ff e8 21 4a 3c f9 <0f> 0b 45 31 e4 e9 0d fb ff ff e8 12 4a 3c f9 0f 0b e9 4f fd ff ff
RSP: 0018:ffffc90000d874c0 EFLAGS: 00010246
RAX: 0000000000000000 RBX: ffffc90000d87a38 RCX: 0000000000000100
RDX: ffff888010db3780 RSI: ffffffff8836717f RDI: 0000000000000003
RBP: ffff888011512c00 R08: 0000000000000023 R09: 0000000000000080
R10: ffffffff883666e3 R11: 000000000000001c R12: 0000000000000023
R13: ffff8880183b0580 R14: 0000000000000080 R15: 0000000000000080
FS:  0000000000000000(0000) GS:ffff8880b9f00000(0000) knlGS:0000000000000000
CS:  0010 DS: 0000 ES: 0000 CR0: 0000000080050033
CR2: 0000000020000200 CR3: 000000000b08e000 CR4: 00000000001506e0
DR0: 0000000000000000 DR1: 0000000000000000 DR2: 0000000000000000
DR3: 0000000000000000 DR6: 00000000fffe0ff0 DR7: 0000000000000400
Call Trace:
 cfg80211_inform_bss_frame_data+0xa7/0xb10 net/wireless/scan.c:2433
 ieee80211_bss_info_update+0x3ce/0xb20 net/mac80211/scan.c:190
 ieee80211_scan_rx+0x45f/0x7c0 net/mac80211/scan.c:299
 __ieee80211_rx_handle_packet net/mac80211/rx.c:4558 [inline]
 ieee80211_rx_list+0x1faf/0x2430 net/mac80211/rx.c:4746
 ieee80211_rx_napi+0xf7/0x3d0 net/mac80211/rx.c:4769
 ieee80211_rx include/net/mac80211.h:4508 [inline]
 ieee80211_tasklet_handler+0xd4/0x130 net/mac80211/main.c:235
 tasklet_action_common.constprop.0+0x1d7/0x2d0 kernel/softirq.c:555
 __do_softirq+0x2bc/0xa29 kernel/softirq.c:343
 run_ksoftirqd kernel/softirq.c:650 [inline]
 run_ksoftirqd+0x2d/0x50 kernel/softirq.c:642
 smpboot_thread_fn+0x655/0x9e0 kernel/smpboot.c:165
 kthread+0x3b1/0x4a0 kernel/kthread.c:292
 ret_from_fork+0x1f/0x30 arch/x86/entry/entry_64.S:296

---
This report is generated by a bot. It may contain errors.
See https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ for more information about syzbot.
syzbot engineers can be reached at [email-masked].

syzbot will keep track of this issue. See:
https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ#status for how to communicate with syzbot.
For information about bisection process see: https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ#bisection
syzbot can test patches for this issue, for details see:
https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ#testing-patches