Subject: [syzbot] [bpf?] [trace?] WARNING in bpf_get_stack_raw_tp

From: syzbot <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2024 05:52:19 -0700

Hello,

syzbot found the following issue on:

HEAD commit:    872cf28b8df9 Merge tag 'platform-drivers-x86-v6.11-4' of g..
git tree:       bpf
console output: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/log.txt?x=1628ae09980000
kernel config:  https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/.config?x=df2f0ed7e30a639d
dashboard link: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/bug?extid=ce35de20ed6652f60652
compiler:       Debian clang version 15.0.6, GNU ld (GNU Binutils for Debian) 2.40
syz repro:      https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/repro.syz?x=1439fbf5980000
C reproducer:   https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/repro.c?x=14b5382b980000

Downloadable assets:
disk image: https://storage.googleapis.com/syzbot-assets/72b6e311a539/disk-872cf28b.raw.xz
vmlinux: https://storage.googleapis.com/syzbot-assets/0c44549e5bb0/vmlinux-872cf28b.xz
kernel image: https://storage.googleapis.com/syzbot-assets/fb02c268f118/bzImage-872cf28b.xz

IMPORTANT: if you fix the issue, please add the following tag to the commit:
Reported-by: [email-masked]

------------[ cut here ]------------
WARNING: CPU: 0 PID: 5229 at kernel/trace/bpf_trace.c:1917 get_bpf_raw_tp_regs kernel/trace/bpf_trace.c:1917 [inline]
WARNING: CPU: 0 PID: 5229 at kernel/trace/bpf_trace.c:1917 ____bpf_get_stack_raw_tp kernel/trace/bpf_trace.c:1990 [inline]
WARNING: CPU: 0 PID: 5229 at kernel/trace/bpf_trace.c:1917 bpf_get_stack_raw_tp+0x1c9/0x240 kernel/trace/bpf_trace.c:1987
Modules linked in:
CPU: 0 UID: 0 PID: 5229 Comm: syz-executor357 Not tainted 6.11.0-rc4-syzkaller-g872cf28b8df9 #0
Hardware name: Google Google Compute Engine/Google Compute Engine, BIOS Google 08/06/2024
RIP: 0010:get_bpf_raw_tp_regs kernel/trace/bpf_trace.c:1917 [inline]
RIP: 0010:____bpf_get_stack_raw_tp kernel/trace/bpf_trace.c:1990 [inline]
RIP: 0010:bpf_get_stack_raw_tp+0x1c9/0x240 kernel/trace/bpf_trace.c:1987
Code: 6d ee 1e 00 65 ff 0d 96 86 64 7e 4c 63 f0 4c 89 f0 48 83 c4 18 5b 41 5c 41 5d 41 5e 41 5f 5d c3 cc cc cc cc e8 88 ad f4 ff 90 <0f> 0b 90 65 ff 0d 6d 86 64 7e 49 c7 c6 f0 ff ff ff eb d1 44 89 e9
RSP: 0018:ffffc900020de6f0 EFLAGS: 00010293
RAX: ffffffff819eddb8 RBX: 0000000000000003 RCX: ffff88807dae0000
RDX: 0000000000000000 RSI: 0000000000000000 RDI: 00000000fffffffc
RBP: ffffc900020de730 R08: ffffffff819edc87 R09: 1ffffffff26e6708
R10: dffffc0000000000 R11: ffffffffa0001c68 R12: ffff8880b9236238
R13: 0000000000000902 R14: 0000000000000000 R15: ffffc900020de748
FS:  0000555580bbc380(0000) GS:ffff8880b9200000(0000) knlGS:0000000000000000
CS:  0010 DS: 0000 ES: 0000 CR0: 0000000080050033
CR2: 00007f7721d2f110 CR3: 000000002f1be000 CR4: 00000000003506f0
DR0: 0000000000000000 DR1: 0000000000000000 DR2: 0000000000000000
DR3: 0000000000000000 DR6: 00000000fffe0ff0 DR7: 0000000000000400
Call Trace:
 <TASK>
 bpf_prog_e6cf5f9c69743609+0x42/0x46
 bpf_dispatcher_nop_func include/linux/bpf.h:1243 [inline]
 __bpf_prog_run include/linux/filter.h:691 [inline]
 bpf_prog_run include/linux/filter.h:698 [inline]
 __bpf_trace_run kernel/trace/bpf_trace.c:2406 [inline]
 bpf_trace_run4+0x334/0x590 kernel/trace/bpf_trace.c:2449
 __traceiter_mmap_lock_acquire_returned+0x93/0xf0 include/trace/events/mmap_lock.h:52
 trace_mmap_lock_acquire_returned include/trace/events/mmap_lock.h:52 [inline]
 __mmap_lock_do_trace_acquire_returned+0x286/0x2f0 mm/mmap_lock.c:102
 __mmap_lock_trace_acquire_returned include/linux/mmap_lock.h:36 [inline]
 mmap_read_trylock include/linux/mmap_lock.h:164 [inline]
 stack_map_get_build_id_offset+0x9af/0x9d0 kernel/bpf/stackmap.c:141
 __bpf_get_stack+0x4ad/0x5a0 kernel/bpf/stackmap.c:449
 ____bpf_get_stack_raw_tp kernel/trace/bpf_trace.c:1997 [inline]
 bpf_get_stack_raw_tp+0x1a3/0x240 kernel/trace/bpf_trace.c:1987
 bpf_prog_e6cf5f9c69743609+0x42/0x46
 bpf_dispatcher_nop_func include/linux/bpf.h:1243 [inline]
 __bpf_prog_run include/linux/filter.h:691 [inline]
 bpf_prog_run include/linux/filter.h:698 [inline]
 __bpf_trace_run kernel/trace/bpf_trace.c:2406 [inline]
 bpf_trace_run4+0x334/0x590 kernel/trace/bpf_trace.c:2449
 __traceiter_mmap_lock_acquire_returned+0x93/0xf0 include/trace/events/mmap_lock.h:52
 trace_mmap_lock_acquire_returned include/trace/events/mmap_lock.h:52 [inline]
 __mmap_lock_do_trace_acquire_returned+0x286/0x2f0 mm/mmap_lock.c:102
 __mmap_lock_trace_acquire_returned include/linux/mmap_lock.h:36 [inline]
 mmap_read_trylock include/linux/mmap_lock.h:164 [inline]
 stack_map_get_build_id_offset+0x9af/0x9d0 kernel/bpf/stackmap.c:141
 __bpf_get_stack+0x4ad/0x5a0 kernel/bpf/stackmap.c:449
 ____bpf_get_stack_raw_tp kernel/trace/bpf_trace.c:1997 [inline]
 bpf_get_stack_raw_tp+0x1a3/0x240 kernel/trace/bpf_trace.c:1987
 bpf_prog_e6cf5f9c69743609+0x42/0x46
 bpf_dispatcher_nop_func include/linux/bpf.h:1243 [inline]
 __bpf_prog_run include/linux/filter.h:691 [inline]
 bpf_prog_run include/linux/filter.h:698 [inline]
 __bpf_trace_run kernel/trace/bpf_trace.c:2406 [inline]
 bpf_trace_run4+0x334/0x590 kernel/trace/bpf_trace.c:2449
 __traceiter_mmap_lock_acquire_returned+0x93/0xf0 include/trace/events/mmap_lock.h:52
 trace_mmap_lock_acquire_returned include/trace/events/mmap_lock.h:52 [inline]
 __mmap_lock_do_trace_acquire_returned+0x286/0x2f0 mm/mmap_lock.c:102
 __mmap_lock_trace_acquire_returned include/linux/mmap_lock.h:36 [inline]
 mmap_read_trylock include/linux/mmap_lock.h:164 [inline]
 stack_map_get_build_id_offset+0x9af/0x9d0 kernel/bpf/stackmap.c:141
 __bpf_get_stack+0x4ad/0x5a0 kernel/bpf/stackmap.c:449
 ____bpf_get_stack_raw_tp kernel/trace/bpf_trace.c:1997 [inline]
 bpf_get_stack_raw_tp+0x1a3/0x240 kernel/trace/bpf_trace.c:1987
 bpf_prog_e6cf5f9c69743609+0x42/0x46
 bpf_dispatcher_nop_func include/linux/bpf.h:1243 [inline]
 __bpf_prog_run include/linux/filter.h:691 [inline]
 bpf_prog_run include/linux/filter.h:698 [inline]
 __bpf_trace_run kernel/trace/bpf_trace.c:2406 [inline]
 bpf_trace_run4+0x334/0x590 kernel/trace/bpf_trace.c:2449
 __traceiter_mmap_lock_acquire_returned+0x93/0xf0 include/trace/events/mmap_lock.h:52
 trace_mmap_lock_acquire_returned include/trace/events/mmap_lock.h:52 [inline]
 __mmap_lock_do_trace_acquire_returned+0x286/0x2f0 mm/mmap_lock.c:102
 __mmap_lock_trace_acquire_returned include/linux/mmap_lock.h:36 [inline]
 mmap_read_lock include/linux/mmap_lock.h:145 [inline]
 acct_collect+0x804/0x830 kernel/acct.c:563
 do_exit+0x93e/0x27f0 kernel/exit.c:861
 do_group_exit+0x207/0x2c0 kernel/exit.c:1031
 __do_sys_exit_group kernel/exit.c:1042 [inline]
 __se_sys_exit_group kernel/exit.c:1040 [inline]
 __x64_sys_exit_group+0x3f/0x40 kernel/exit.c:1040
 x64_sys_call+0x2634/0x2640 arch/x86/include/generated/asm/syscalls_64.h:232
 do_syscall_x64 arch/x86/entry/common.c:52 [inline]
 do_syscall_64+0xf3/0x230 arch/x86/entry/common.c:83
 entry_SYSCALL_64_after_hwframe+0x77/0x7f
RIP: 0033:0x7f7721cb3389
Code: 90 49 c7 c0 b8 ff ff ff be e7 00 00 00 ba 3c 00 00 00 eb 12 0f 1f 44 00 00 89 d0 0f 05 48 3d 00 f0 ff ff 77 1c f4 89 f0 0f 05 <48> 3d 00 f0 ff ff 76 e7 f7 d8 64 41 89 00 eb df 0f 1f 80 00 00 00
RSP: 002b:00007fff639ca6c8 EFLAGS: 00000246 ORIG_RAX: 00000000000000e7
RAX: ffffffffffffffda RBX: 0000000000000000 RCX: 00007f7721cb3389
RDX: 000000000000003c RSI: 00000000000000e7 RDI: 0000000000000000
RBP: 00007f7721d2e2b0 R08: ffffffffffffffb8 R09: 0000000080bbd610
R10: 0000000000000000 R11: 0000000000000246 R12: 00007f7721d2e2b0
R13: 0000000000000000 R14: 00007f7721d2ed00 R15: 00007f7721c845c0
 </TASK>

---
This report is generated by a bot. It may contain errors.
See https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ for more information about syzbot.
syzbot engineers can be reached at [email-masked].

syzbot will keep track of this issue. See:
https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ#status for how to communicate with syzbot.

If the report is already addressed, let syzbot know by replying with:
#syz fix: exact-commit-title

If you want syzbot to run the reproducer, reply with:
#syz test: git://repo/address.git branch-or-commit-hash
If you attach or paste a git patch, syzbot will apply it before testing.

If you want to overwrite report's subsystems, reply with:
#syz set subsystems: new-subsystem
(See the list of subsystem names on the web dashboard)

If the report is a duplicate of another one, reply with:
#syz dup: exact-subject-of-another-report

If you want to undo deduplication, reply with:
#syz undup