Subject: [syzbot] WARNING in vhost_dev_cleanup (2)

From: syzbot <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2022 18:01:19 -0800

Hello,

syzbot found the following issue on:

HEAD commit:    c5d9ae265b10 Merge tag 'for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org..
git tree:       upstream
console output: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/log.txt?x=132e687c700000
kernel config:  https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/.config?x=a78b064590b9f912
dashboard link: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/bug?extid=1e3ea63db39f2b4440e0
compiler:       gcc (Debian 10.2.1-6) 10.2.1 20210110, GNU ld (GNU Binutils for Debian) 2.35.2

Unfortunately, I don't have any reproducer for this issue yet.

IMPORTANT: if you fix the issue, please add the following tag to the commit:
Reported-by: [email-masked]

WARNING: CPU: 1 PID: 10828 at drivers/vhost/vhost.c:715 vhost_dev_cleanup+0x8b8/0xbc0 drivers/vhost/vhost.c:715
Modules linked in:
CPU: 0 PID: 10828 Comm: syz-executor.0 Not tainted 5.17.0-rc4-syzkaller-00051-gc5d9ae265b10 #0
Hardware name: Google Google Compute Engine/Google Compute Engine, BIOS Google 01/01/2011
RIP: 0010:vhost_dev_cleanup+0x8b8/0xbc0 drivers/vhost/vhost.c:715
Code: c7 85 90 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 e8 53 6e a2 fa 48 89 ef 48 83 c4 20 5b 5d 41 5c 41 5d 41 5e 41 5f e9 7d d6 ff ff e8 38 6e a2 fa <0f> 0b e9 46 ff ff ff 48 8b 7c 24 10 e8 87 00 ea fa e9 75 f7 ff ff
RSP: 0018:ffffc9000fe6fa18 EFLAGS: 00010293
RAX: 0000000000000000 RBX: dffffc0000000000 RCX: 0000000000000000
RDX: ffff888021b63a00 RSI: ffffffff86d66fe8 RDI: ffff88801cc200b0
RBP: ffff88801cc20000 R08: 0000000000000001 R09: 0000000000000001
R10: ffffffff817f1e08 R11: 0000000000000000 R12: ffff88801cc200d0
R13: ffff88801cc20120 R14: ffff88801cc200d0 R15: 0000000000000002
FS:  0000000000000000(0000) GS:ffff8880b9c00000(0000) knlGS:0000000000000000
CS:  0010 DS: 0000 ES: 0000 CR0: 0000000080050033
CR2: 0000001b2de25000 CR3: 000000004c9cd000 CR4: 00000000003506f0
DR0: 0000000000000000 DR1: 0000000000000000 DR2: 0000000000000000
DR3: 0000000000000000 DR6: 00000000fffe0ff0 DR7: 0000000000000400
Call Trace:
 <TASK>
 vhost_vsock_dev_release+0x36e/0x4b0 drivers/vhost/vsock.c:771
 __fput+0x286/0x9f0 fs/file_table.c:313
 task_work_run+0xdd/0x1a0 kernel/task_work.c:164
 exit_task_work include/linux/task_work.h:32 [inline]
 do_exit+0xb29/0x2a30 kernel/exit.c:806
 do_group_exit+0xd2/0x2f0 kernel/exit.c:935
 get_signal+0x45a/0x2490 kernel/signal.c:2863
 arch_do_signal_or_restart+0x2a9/0x1c40 arch/x86/kernel/signal.c:868
 handle_signal_work kernel/entry/common.c:148 [inline]
 exit_to_user_mode_loop kernel/entry/common.c:172 [inline]
 exit_to_user_mode_prepare+0x17d/0x290 kernel/entry/common.c:207
 __syscall_exit_to_user_mode_work kernel/entry/common.c:289 [inline]
 syscall_exit_to_user_mode+0x19/0x60 kernel/entry/common.c:300
 do_syscall_64+0x42/0xb0 arch/x86/entry/common.c:86
 entry_SYSCALL_64_after_hwframe+0x44/0xae
RIP: 0033:0x7f4027a46481
Code: Unable to access opcode bytes at RIP 0x7f4027a46457.
RSP: 002b:00007f402808ba68 EFLAGS: 00000206 ORIG_RAX: 0000000000000038
RAX: fffffffffffffffc RBX: 00007f402622e700 RCX: 00007f4027a46481
RDX: 00007f402622e9d0 RSI: 00007f402622e2f0 RDI: 00000000003d0f00
RBP: 00007f402808bcb0 R08: 00007f402622e700 R09: 00007f402622e700
R10: 00007f402622e9d0 R11: 0000000000000206 R12: 00007f402808bb1e
R13: 00007f402808bb1f R14: 00007f402622e300 R15: 0000000000022000
 </TASK>

---
This report is generated by a bot. It may contain errors.
See https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ for more information about syzbot.
syzbot engineers can be reached at [email-masked].

syzbot will keep track of this issue. See:
https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ#status for how to communicate with syzbot.