Subject: [syzbot] [nfc?] [net?] KMSAN: uninit-value in nci_ntf_packet (2)

From: syzbot <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 May 2024 17:33:27 -0700

Hello,

syzbot found the following issue on:

HEAD commit:    614da38e2f7a Merge tag 'hid-for-linus-2024051401' of git:/..
git tree:       upstream
console+strace: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/log.txt?x=160b7244980000
kernel config:  https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/.config?x=f5d2cbf33633f507
dashboard link: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/bug?extid=71bfed2b2bcea46c98f2
compiler:       Debian clang version 15.0.6, GNU ld (GNU Binutils for Debian) 2.40
syz repro:      https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/repro.syz?x=1065f33f180000
C reproducer:   https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/repro.c?x=13113a34980000

Downloadable assets:
disk image: https://storage.googleapis.com/syzbot-assets/89eafb874b71/disk-614da38e.raw.xz
vmlinux: https://storage.googleapis.com/syzbot-assets/356000512ad9/vmlinux-614da38e.xz
kernel image: https://storage.googleapis.com/syzbot-assets/839c73939115/bzImage-614da38e.xz

IMPORTANT: if you fix the issue, please add the following tag to the commit:
Reported-by: [email-masked]

=====================================================
BUG: KMSAN: uninit-value in nci_rf_intf_activated_ntf_packet net/nfc/nci/ntf.c:620 [inline]
BUG: KMSAN: uninit-value in nci_ntf_packet+0x27f4/0x39c0 net/nfc/nci/ntf.c:802
 nci_rf_intf_activated_ntf_packet net/nfc/nci/ntf.c:620 [inline]
 nci_ntf_packet+0x27f4/0x39c0 net/nfc/nci/ntf.c:802
 nci_rx_work+0x288/0x5d0 net/nfc/nci/core.c:1532
 process_one_work kernel/workqueue.c:3267 [inline]
 process_scheduled_works+0xa81/0x1bd0 kernel/workqueue.c:3348
 worker_thread+0xea5/0x1560 kernel/workqueue.c:3429
 kthread+0x3e2/0x540 kernel/kthread.c:389
 ret_from_fork+0x6d/0x90 arch/x86/kernel/process.c:147
 ret_from_fork_asm+0x1a/0x30 arch/x86/entry/entry_64.S:244

Uninit was created at:
 slab_post_alloc_hook mm/slub.c:3877 [inline]
 slab_alloc_node mm/slub.c:3918 [inline]
 kmem_cache_alloc_node+0x622/0xc90 mm/slub.c:3961
 kmalloc_reserve+0x13d/0x4a0 net/core/skbuff.c:577
 __alloc_skb+0x35b/0x7a0 net/core/skbuff.c:668
 alloc_skb include/linux/skbuff.h:1319 [inline]
 virtual_ncidev_write+0x6d/0x290 drivers/nfc/virtual_ncidev.c:120
 vfs_write+0x497/0x14d0 fs/read_write.c:588
 ksys_write+0x20f/0x4c0 fs/read_write.c:643
 __do_sys_write fs/read_write.c:655 [inline]
 __se_sys_write fs/read_write.c:652 [inline]
 __x64_sys_write+0x93/0xe0 fs/read_write.c:652
 x64_sys_call+0x3062/0x3b50 arch/x86/include/generated/asm/syscalls_64.h:2
 do_syscall_x64 arch/x86/entry/common.c:52 [inline]
 do_syscall_64+0xcf/0x1e0 arch/x86/entry/common.c:83
 entry_SYSCALL_64_after_hwframe+0x77/0x7f

CPU: 1 PID: 3730 Comm: kworker/u8:19 Not tainted 6.9.0-syzkaller-02707-g614da38e2f7a #0
Hardware name: Google Google Compute Engine/Google Compute Engine, BIOS Google 04/02/2024
Workqueue: nfc2_nci_rx_wq nci_rx_work
=====================================================

---
This report is generated by a bot. It may contain errors.
See https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ for more information about syzbot.
syzbot engineers can be reached at [email-masked].

syzbot will keep track of this issue. See:
https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ#status for how to communicate with syzbot.

If the report is already addressed, let syzbot know by replying with:
#syz fix: exact-commit-title

If you want syzbot to run the reproducer, reply with:
#syz test: git://repo/address.git branch-or-commit-hash
If you attach or paste a git patch, syzbot will apply it before testing.

If you want to overwrite report's subsystems, reply with:
#syz set subsystems: new-subsystem
(See the list of subsystem names on the web dashboard)

If the report is a duplicate of another one, reply with:
#syz dup: exact-subject-of-another-report

If you want to undo deduplication, reply with:
#syz undup