Subject: [syzbot] [wpan?] KMSAN: uninit-value in ieee802154_hdr_push (2)

From: syzbot <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Jan 2024 05:42:29 -0800

Hello,

syzbot found the following issue on:

HEAD commit:    610a9b8f49fb Linux 6.7-rc8
git tree:       upstream
console+strace: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/log.txt?x=1419f31ae80000
kernel config:  https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/.config?x=e51fe20c3e51ba7f
dashboard link: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/bug?extid=60a66d44892b66b56545
compiler:       Debian clang version 15.0.6, GNU ld (GNU Binutils for Debian) 2.40
syz repro:      https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/repro.syz?x=12551029e80000
C reproducer:   https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/repro.c?x=12595b95e80000

Downloadable assets:
disk image: https://storage.googleapis.com/syzbot-assets/28ecdd56de1e/disk-610a9b8f.raw.xz
vmlinux: https://storage.googleapis.com/syzbot-assets/3c5afc17c174/vmlinux-610a9b8f.xz
kernel image: https://storage.googleapis.com/syzbot-assets/96ff79b2992d/bzImage-610a9b8f.xz

IMPORTANT: if you fix the issue, please add the following tag to the commit:
Reported-by: [email-masked]

=====================================================
BUG: KMSAN: uninit-value in ieee802154_hdr_push_sechdr net/ieee802154/header_ops.c:54 [inline]
BUG: KMSAN: uninit-value in ieee802154_hdr_push+0x971/0xb90 net/ieee802154/header_ops.c:108
 ieee802154_hdr_push_sechdr net/ieee802154/header_ops.c:54 [inline]
 ieee802154_hdr_push+0x971/0xb90 net/ieee802154/header_ops.c:108
 ieee802154_header_create+0x9c0/0xc00 net/mac802154/iface.c:396
 wpan_dev_hard_header include/net/cfg802154.h:494 [inline]
 dgram_sendmsg+0xd1d/0x1500 net/ieee802154/socket.c:677
 ieee802154_sock_sendmsg+0x91/0xc0 net/ieee802154/socket.c:96
 sock_sendmsg_nosec net/socket.c:730 [inline]
 __sock_sendmsg net/socket.c:745 [inline]
 ____sys_sendmsg+0x9c2/0xd60 net/socket.c:2584
 ___sys_sendmsg+0x28d/0x3c0 net/socket.c:2638
 __sys_sendmsg net/socket.c:2667 [inline]
 __do_sys_sendmsg net/socket.c:2676 [inline]
 __se_sys_sendmsg net/socket.c:2674 [inline]
 __x64_sys_sendmsg+0x307/0x490 net/socket.c:2674
 do_syscall_x64 arch/x86/entry/common.c:52 [inline]
 do_syscall_64+0x44/0x110 arch/x86/entry/common.c:83
 entry_SYSCALL_64_after_hwframe+0x63/0x6b

Local variable hdr created at:
 ieee802154_header_create+0x4e/0xc00 net/mac802154/iface.c:360
 wpan_dev_hard_header include/net/cfg802154.h:494 [inline]
 dgram_sendmsg+0xd1d/0x1500 net/ieee802154/socket.c:677

CPU: 1 PID: 5009 Comm: syz-executor271 Not tainted 6.7.0-rc8-syzkaller #0
Hardware name: Google Google Compute Engine/Google Compute Engine, BIOS Google 11/17/2023
=====================================================

---
This report is generated by a bot. It may contain errors.
See https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ for more information about syzbot.
syzbot engineers can be reached at [email-masked].

syzbot will keep track of this issue. See:
https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ#status for how to communicate with syzbot.

If the report is already addressed, let syzbot know by replying with:
#syz fix: exact-commit-title

If you want syzbot to run the reproducer, reply with:
#syz test: git://repo/address.git branch-or-commit-hash
If you attach or paste a git patch, syzbot will apply it before testing.

If you want to overwrite report's subsystems, reply with:
#syz set subsystems: new-subsystem
(See the list of subsystem names on the web dashboard)

If the report is a duplicate of another one, reply with:
#syz dup: exact-subject-of-another-report

If you want to undo deduplication, reply with:
#syz undup