Subject: Re: [syzbot] WARNING: zero-size vmalloc in corrupted

From: syzbot <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2021 09:37:07 -0700

Hello,

syzbot has tested the proposed patch but the reproducer is still triggering an issue:
BUG: sleeping function called from invalid context in lock_sock_nested

BUG: sleeping function called from invalid context at net/core/sock.c:3064
in_atomic(): 1, irqs_disabled(): 0, non_block: 0, pid: 8843, name: syz-executor.2
1 lock held by syz-executor.2/8843:
 #0: ffffffff8d0c43c0 (hci_sk_list.lock){++++}-{2:2}, at: hci_sock_dev_event+0x3db/0x660 net/bluetooth/hci_sock.c:763
Preemption disabled at:
[<0000000000000000>] 0x0
CPU: 1 PID: 8843 Comm: syz-executor.2 Not tainted 5.13.0-rc7-syzkaller #0
Hardware name: Google Google Compute Engine/Google Compute Engine, BIOS Google 01/01/2011
Call Trace:
 __dump_stack lib/dump_stack.c:79 [inline]
 dump_stack+0x141/0x1d7 lib/dump_stack.c:120
 ___might_sleep.cold+0x1f1/0x237 kernel/sched/core.c:8337
 lock_sock_nested+0x25/0x120 net/core/sock.c:3064
 lock_sock include/net/sock.h:1610 [inline]
 hci_sock_dev_event+0x465/0x660 net/bluetooth/hci_sock.c:765
 hci_unregister_dev+0x2fd/0x1130 net/bluetooth/hci_core.c:4013
 vhci_release+0x70/0xe0 drivers/bluetooth/hci_vhci.c:340
 __fput+0x288/0x920 fs/file_table.c:280
 task_work_run+0xdd/0x1a0 kernel/task_work.c:164
 exit_task_work include/linux/task_work.h:32 [inline]
 do_exit+0xbfc/0x2a60 kernel/exit.c:826
 do_group_exit+0x125/0x310 kernel/exit.c:923
 __do_sys_exit_group kernel/exit.c:934 [inline]
 __se_sys_exit_group kernel/exit.c:932 [inline]
 __x64_sys_exit_group+0x3a/0x50 kernel/exit.c:932
 do_syscall_64+0x3a/0xb0 arch/x86/entry/common.c:47
 entry_SYSCALL_64_after_hwframe+0x44/0xae
RIP: 0033:0x4665d9
Code: Unable to access opcode bytes at RIP 0x4665af.
RSP: 002b:00007fff82506ba8 EFLAGS: 00000246 ORIG_RAX: 00000000000000e7
RAX: ffffffffffffffda RBX: 00007fff82507368 RCX: 00000000004665d9
RDX: 0000000000000000 RSI: 0000000000000000 RDI: 0000000000000043
RBP: 0000000000000000 R08: 0000000000000025 R09: 00007fff82507368
R10: 00000000ffffffff R11: 0000000000000246 R12: 00000000004bef54
R13: 0000000000000010 R14: 0000000000000000 R15: 0000000000400538

======================================================

Tested on:

commit:         0c18f29a module: limit enabling module.sig_enforce
git tree:       upstream
console output: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/log.txt?x=17ae9658300000
kernel config:  https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/.config?x=3932cedd2c2d4a69
dashboard link: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/bug?extid=c2f6f09fe907a838effb
compiler:       
patch:          https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/patch.diff?x=10fc8400300000