Subject: KASAN: null-ptr-deref Read in ip6_hold_safe

From: syzbot <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2019 22:52:03 -0800

Hello,

syzbot found the following crash on:

HEAD commit:    b71acb0e3721 Merge branch 'linus' of git://git.kernel.org/..
git tree:       net-next
console output: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/log.txt?x=1492759f400000
kernel config:  https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/.config?x=b03c5892bb940c76
dashboard link: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/bug?extid=8433ca0841e308ef4cc7
compiler:       gcc (GCC) 9.0.0 20181231 (experimental)

Unfortunately, I don't have any reproducer for this crash yet.

IMPORTANT: if you fix the bug, please add the following tag to the commit:
Reported-by: [email-masked]

kernel msg: ebtables bug: please report to author: EBT_ENTRY_OR_ENTRIES  
shouldn't be set in distinguisher
==================================================================
BUG: KASAN: null-ptr-deref in atomic_read  
include/asm-generic/atomic-instrumented.h:21 [inline]
BUG: KASAN: null-ptr-deref in atomic_fetch_add_unless  
include/linux/atomic.h:575 [inline]
BUG: KASAN: null-ptr-deref in atomic_add_unless include/linux/atomic.h:597  
[inline]
BUG: KASAN: null-ptr-deref in dst_hold_safe include/net/dst.h:308 [inline]
BUG: KASAN: null-ptr-deref in ip6_hold_safe+0xca/0x620 net/ipv6/route.c:1021
Read of size 4 at addr 0000000000000068 by task syz-executor4/21421

CPU: 0 PID: 21421 Comm: syz-executor4 Not tainted 4.20.0+ #3
Hardware name: Google Google Compute Engine/Google Compute Engine, BIOS  
Google 01/01/2011
Call Trace:
  __dump_stack lib/dump_stack.c:77 [inline]
  dump_stack+0x1db/0x2d0 lib/dump_stack.c:113
  kasan_report_error mm/kasan/report.c:352 [inline]
  kasan_report mm/kasan/report.c:412 [inline]
  kasan_report.cold+0x19f/0x2ba mm/kasan/report.c:396
  check_memory_region_inline mm/kasan/kasan.c:260 [inline]
  check_memory_region+0x123/0x190 mm/kasan/kasan.c:267
  kasan_check_read+0x11/0x20 mm/kasan/kasan.c:272
  atomic_read include/asm-generic/atomic-instrumented.h:21 [inline]
  atomic_fetch_add_unless include/linux/atomic.h:575 [inline]
  atomic_add_unless include/linux/atomic.h:597 [inline]
  dst_hold_safe include/net/dst.h:308 [inline]
  ip6_hold_safe+0xca/0x620 net/ipv6/route.c:1021
  rt6_get_pcpu_route net/ipv6/route.c:1241 [inline]
  ip6_pol_route+0x3a3/0x1490 net/ipv6/route.c:1890
  ip6_pol_route_output+0x54/0x70 net/ipv6/route.c:2066
  fib6_rule_lookup+0x277/0x870 net/ipv6/fib6_rules.c:122
  ip6_route_output_flags+0x2c4/0x350 net/ipv6/route.c:2095
  ip6_route_output include/net/ip6_route.h:88 [inline]
  ip6_dst_lookup_tail+0xe18/0x1d50 net/ipv6/ip6_output.c:958
  ip6_dst_lookup_flow+0xca/0x270 net/ipv6/ip6_output.c:1086
  ip6_sk_dst_lookup_flow net/ipv6/ip6_output.c:1124 [inline]
  ip6_sk_dst_lookup_flow+0x5d6/0xbf0 net/ipv6/ip6_output.c:1114
  udpv6_sendmsg+0x20d7/0x3550 net/ipv6/udp.c:1441
  inet_sendmsg+0x1af/0x740 net/ipv4/af_inet.c:798
  sock_sendmsg_nosec net/socket.c:621 [inline]
  sock_sendmsg+0xdd/0x130 net/socket.c:631
  ___sys_sendmsg+0x7ec/0x910 net/socket.c:2116
  __sys_sendmsg+0x112/0x270 net/socket.c:2154
  __do_sys_sendmsg net/socket.c:2163 [inline]
  __se_sys_sendmsg net/socket.c:2161 [inline]
  __x64_sys_sendmsg+0x78/0xb0 net/socket.c:2161
protocol 88fb is buggy, dev hsr_slave_0
  do_syscall_64+0x1a3/0x800 arch/x86/entry/common.c:290
protocol 88fb is buggy, dev hsr_slave_1
  entry_SYSCALL_64_after_hwframe+0x49/0xbe
RIP: 0033:0x457ec9
Code: 6d b7 fb ff c3 66 2e 0f 1f 84 00 00 00 00 00 66 90 48 89 f8 48 89 f7  
48 89 d6 48 89 ca 4d 89 c2 4d 89 c8 4c 8b 4c 24 08 0f 05 <48> 3d 01 f0 ff  
ff 0f 83 3b b7 fb ff c3 66 2e 0f 1f 84 00 00 00 00
RSP: 002b:00007fb05ac4ac78 EFLAGS: 00000246 ORIG_RAX: 000000000000002e
RAX: ffffffffffffffda RBX: 0000000000000003 RCX: 0000000000457ec9
RDX: 0000000000000000 RSI: 0000000020013000 RDI: 0000000000000004
RBP: 000000000073bf00 R08: 0000000000000000 R09: 0000000000000000
R10: 0000000000000000 R11: 0000000000000246 R12: 00007fb05ac4b6d4
R13: 00000000004c4d2e R14: 00000000004d8650 R15: 00000000ffffffff
==================================================================

---
This bug is generated by a bot. It may contain errors.
See https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ for more information about syzbot.
syzbot engineers can be reached at [email-masked].

syzbot will keep track of this bug report. See:
https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ#bug-status-tracking for how to communicate with  
syzbot.