Subject: WARNING in init_timer_key

From: syzbot <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Feb 2021 18:50:22 -0800

Hello,

syzbot found the following issue on:

HEAD commit:    1048ba83 Linux 5.11-rc6
git tree:       upstream
console output: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/log.txt?x=10b58bd8d00000
kernel config:  https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/.config?x=3ae5569643a9955f
dashboard link: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/bug?extid=105896fac213f26056f9
compiler:       Debian clang version 11.0.1-2
syz repro:      https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/repro.syz?x=16f0e564d00000
C reproducer:   https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/repro.c?x=147075e8d00000

IMPORTANT: if you fix the issue, please add the following tag to the commit:
Reported-by: [email-masked]

------------[ cut here ]------------
ODEBUG: init active (active state 0) object type: timer_list hint: 0x0
WARNING: CPU: 0 PID: 8458 at lib/debugobjects.c:508 debug_print_object lib/debugobjects.c:505 [inline]
WARNING: CPU: 0 PID: 8458 at lib/debugobjects.c:508 __debug_object_init+0x9b7/0x17a0 lib/debugobjects.c:588
Modules linked in:
CPU: 0 PID: 8458 Comm: syz-executor705 Not tainted 5.11.0-rc6-syzkaller #0
Hardware name: Google Google Compute Engine/Google Compute Engine, BIOS Google 01/01/2011
RIP: 0010:debug_print_object lib/debugobjects.c:505 [inline]
RIP: 0010:__debug_object_init+0x9b7/0x17a0 lib/debugobjects.c:588
Code: 4c 89 ff e8 9b 93 ee fd 4d 8b 07 48 c7 c7 a0 db 0d 8a 48 c7 c6 c0 d9 0d 8a 48 89 da 44 89 f1 4c 8b 0c 24 31 c0 e8 f9 ba 7a fd <0f> 0b 4c 8b 64 24 28 ff 05 88 3f 47 09 48 8b 5c 24 60 48 83 c3 18
RSP: 0018:ffffc900016af680 EFLAGS: 00010246
RAX: b203bb0491a65600 RBX: ffffffff8a0ddd60 RCX: ffff888021e83780
RDX: 0000000000000000 RSI: 0000000080000000 RDI: 0000000000000000
RBP: ffffc900016af7b8 R08: ffffffff815fa2d2 R09: ffffed10173860b8
R10: ffffed10173860b8 R11: 0000000000000000 R12: ffff8880189ebe4c
R13: dffffc0000000000 R14: 0000000000000000 R15: ffffffff89b0ad80
FS:  0000000001cb8300(0000) GS:ffff8880b9c00000(0000) knlGS:0000000000000000
CS:  0010 DS: 0000 ES: 0000 CR0: 0000000080050033
CR2: 000055c12944c038 CR3: 00000000133b0000 CR4: 00000000001506f0
DR0: 0000000000000000 DR1: 0000000000000000 DR2: 0000000000000000
DR3: 0000000000000000 DR6: 00000000fffe0ff0 DR7: 0000000000000400
Call Trace:
 debug_timer_init kernel/time/timer.c:722 [inline]
 debug_init kernel/time/timer.c:770 [inline]
 init_timer_key+0x39/0x110 kernel/time/timer.c:814
 ieee80211_ibss_setup_sdata+0x3c/0x170 net/mac80211/ibss.c:1734
 ieee80211_setup_sdata+0x627/0xc20 net/mac80211/iface.c:1534
 ieee80211_runtime_change_iftype net/mac80211/iface.c:1640 [inline]
 ieee80211_if_change_type+0x727/0xc00 net/mac80211/iface.c:1662
 ieee80211_change_iface+0x29/0x200 net/mac80211/cfg.c:157
 rdev_change_virtual_intf net/wireless/rdev-ops.h:69 [inline]
 cfg80211_change_iface+0x608/0xaa0 net/wireless/util.c:1067
 nl80211_set_interface+0x497/0x7f0 net/wireless/nl80211.c:3839
 genl_family_rcv_msg_doit net/netlink/genetlink.c:739 [inline]
 genl_family_rcv_msg net/netlink/genetlink.c:783 [inline]
 genl_rcv_msg+0xe4e/0x1280 net/netlink/genetlink.c:800
 netlink_rcv_skb+0x190/0x3a0 net/netlink/af_netlink.c:2494
 genl_rcv+0x24/0x40 net/netlink/genetlink.c:811
 netlink_unicast_kernel net/netlink/af_netlink.c:1304 [inline]
 netlink_unicast+0x786/0x940 net/netlink/af_netlink.c:1330
 netlink_sendmsg+0x9ae/0xd50 net/netlink/af_netlink.c:1919
 sock_sendmsg_nosec net/socket.c:652 [inline]
 sock_sendmsg net/socket.c:672 [inline]
 __sys_sendto+0x438/0x5c0 net/socket.c:1975
 __do_sys_sendto net/socket.c:1987 [inline]
 __se_sys_sendto net/socket.c:1983 [inline]
 __x64_sys_sendto+0xda/0xf0 net/socket.c:1983
 do_syscall_64+0x2d/0x70 arch/x86/entry/common.c:46
 entry_SYSCALL_64_after_hwframe+0x44/0xa9
RIP: 0033:0x402c66
Code: 48 c7 c0 ff ff ff ff eb b7 66 2e 0f 1f 84 00 00 00 00 00 90 41 89 ca 64 8b 04 25 18 00 00 00 85 c0 75 11 b8 2c 00 00 00 0f 05 <48> 3d 00 f0 ff ff 77 72 c3 90 55 48 83 ec 30 44 89 4c 24 2c 4c 89
RSP: 002b:00007ffd20868618 EFLAGS: 00000246 ORIG_RAX: 000000000000002c
RAX: ffffffffffffffda RBX: 00007ffd208686e0 RCX: 0000000000402c66
RDX: 0000000000000024 RSI: 00007ffd20868730 RDI: 0000000000000003
RBP: 0000000000000000 R08: 00007ffd20868624 R09: 000000000000000c
R10: 0000000000000000 R11: 0000000000000246 R12: 0000000000000000
R13: 0000000000000003 R14: 0000000000000000 R15: 00007ffd20868730

---
This report is generated by a bot. It may contain errors.
See https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ for more information about syzbot.
syzbot engineers can be reached at [email-masked].

syzbot will keep track of this issue. See:
https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ#status for how to communicate with syzbot.
syzbot can test patches for this issue, for details see:
https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ#testing-patches