Subject: [syzbot] [net?] KASAN: slab-use-after-free Write in l2tp_session_delete

From: syzbot <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2024 06:25:23 -0700

Hello,

syzbot found the following issue on:

HEAD commit:    185d72112b95 net: xilinx: axienet: Enable multicast by def..
git tree:       net-next
console+strace: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/log.txt?x=129911fa980000
kernel config:  https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/.config?x=e78fc116033e0ab7
dashboard link: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/bug?extid=c041b4ce3a6dfd1e63e2
compiler:       Debian clang version 15.0.6, GNU ld (GNU Binutils for Debian) 2.40
syz repro:      https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/repro.syz?x=12521b9c980000
C reproducer:   https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/repro.c?x=1062bd46980000

Downloadable assets:
disk image: https://storage.googleapis.com/syzbot-assets/e84f50e44254/disk-185d7211.raw.xz
vmlinux: https://storage.googleapis.com/syzbot-assets/df64b575cc01/vmlinux-185d7211.xz
kernel image: https://storage.googleapis.com/syzbot-assets/16ad5d1d433b/bzImage-185d7211.xz

IMPORTANT: if you fix the issue, please add the following tag to the commit:
Reported-by: [email-masked]

==================================================================
BUG: KASAN: slab-use-after-free in instrument_atomic_read_write include/linux/instrumented.h:96 [inline]
BUG: KASAN: slab-use-after-free in test_and_set_bit include/asm-generic/bitops/instrumented-atomic.h:71 [inline]
BUG: KASAN: slab-use-after-free in l2tp_session_delete+0x28/0x9e0 net/l2tp/l2tp_core.c:1639
Write of size 8 at addr ffff88802aaf5808 by task kworker/u8:11/2523

CPU: 0 PID: 2523 Comm: kworker/u8:11 Not tainted 6.10.0-rc4-syzkaller-00869-g185d72112b95 #0
Hardware name: Google Google Compute Engine/Google Compute Engine, BIOS Google 06/07/2024
Workqueue: l2tp l2tp_tunnel_del_work
Call Trace:
 <TASK>
 __dump_stack lib/dump_stack.c:88 [inline]
 dump_stack_lvl+0x241/0x360 lib/dump_stack.c:114
 print_address_description mm/kasan/report.c:377 [inline]
 print_report+0x169/0x550 mm/kasan/report.c:488
 kasan_report+0x143/0x180 mm/kasan/report.c:601
 kasan_check_range+0x282/0x290 mm/kasan/generic.c:189
 instrument_atomic_read_write include/linux/instrumented.h:96 [inline]
 test_and_set_bit include/asm-generic/bitops/instrumented-atomic.h:71 [inline]
 l2tp_session_delete+0x28/0x9e0 net/l2tp/l2tp_core.c:1639
 l2tp_tunnel_closeall net/l2tp/l2tp_core.c:1302 [inline]
 l2tp_tunnel_del_work+0x1cb/0x330 net/l2tp/l2tp_core.c:1334
 process_one_work kernel/workqueue.c:3231 [inline]
 process_scheduled_works+0xa2c/0x1830 kernel/workqueue.c:3312
 worker_thread+0x86d/0xd70 kernel/workqueue.c:3393
 kthread+0x2f0/0x390 kernel/kthread.c:389
 ret_from_fork+0x4b/0x80 arch/x86/kernel/process.c:147
 ret_from_fork_asm+0x1a/0x30 arch/x86/entry/entry_64.S:244
 </TASK>

Allocated by task 5107:
 kasan_save_stack mm/kasan/common.c:47 [inline]
 kasan_save_track+0x3f/0x80 mm/kasan/common.c:68
 poison_kmalloc_redzone mm/kasan/common.c:370 [inline]
 __kasan_kmalloc+0x98/0xb0 mm/kasan/common.c:387
 kasan_kmalloc include/linux/kasan.h:211 [inline]
 __do_kmalloc_node mm/slub.c:4122 [inline]
 __kmalloc_noprof+0x1f9/0x400 mm/slub.c:4135
 kmalloc_noprof include/linux/slab.h:664 [inline]
 kzalloc_noprof include/linux/slab.h:778 [inline]
 l2tp_session_create+0x3b/0xc20 net/l2tp/l2tp_core.c:1675
 pppol2tp_connect+0xca3/0x17a0 net/l2tp/l2tp_ppp.c:782
 __sys_connect_file net/socket.c:2049 [inline]
 __sys_connect+0x2df/0x310 net/socket.c:2066
 __do_sys_connect net/socket.c:2076 [inline]
 __se_sys_connect net/socket.c:2073 [inline]
 __x64_sys_connect+0x7a/0x90 net/socket.c:2073
 do_syscall_x64 arch/x86/entry/common.c:52 [inline]
 do_syscall_64+0xf3/0x230 arch/x86/entry/common.c:83
 entry_SYSCALL_64_after_hwframe+0x77/0x7f

Freed by task 16:
 kasan_save_stack mm/kasan/common.c:47 [inline]
 kasan_save_track+0x3f/0x80 mm/kasan/common.c:68
 kasan_save_free_info+0x40/0x50 mm/kasan/generic.c:579
 poison_slab_object+0xe0/0x150 mm/kasan/common.c:240
 __kasan_slab_free+0x37/0x60 mm/kasan/common.c:256
 kasan_slab_free include/linux/kasan.h:184 [inline]
 slab_free_hook mm/slub.c:2196 [inline]
 slab_free mm/slub.c:4437 [inline]
 kfree+0x149/0x360 mm/slub.c:4558
 __sk_destruct+0x58/0x5f0 net/core/sock.c:2191
 rcu_do_batch kernel/rcu/tree.c:2535 [inline]
 rcu_core+0xafd/0x1830 kernel/rcu/tree.c:2809
 handle_softirqs+0x2c4/0x970 kernel/softirq.c:554
 run_ksoftirqd+0xca/0x130 kernel/softirq.c:928
 smpboot_thread_fn+0x544/0xa30 kernel/smpboot.c:164
 kthread+0x2f0/0x390 kernel/kthread.c:389
 ret_from_fork+0x4b/0x80 arch/x86/kernel/process.c:147
 ret_from_fork_asm+0x1a/0x30 arch/x86/entry/entry_64.S:244

Last potentially related work creation:
 kasan_save_stack+0x3f/0x60 mm/kasan/common.c:47
 __kasan_record_aux_stack+0xac/0xc0 mm/kasan/generic.c:541
 __call_rcu_common kernel/rcu/tree.c:3072 [inline]
 call_rcu+0x167/0xa70 kernel/rcu/tree.c:3176
 pppol2tp_release+0x24b/0x350 net/l2tp/l2tp_ppp.c:457
 __sock_release net/socket.c:659 [inline]
 sock_close+0xbc/0x240 net/socket.c:1421
 __fput+0x406/0x8b0 fs/file_table.c:422
 task_work_run+0x24f/0x310 kernel/task_work.c:180
 exit_task_work include/linux/task_work.h:38 [inline]
 do_exit+0xa27/0x27e0 kernel/exit.c:874
 do_group_exit+0x207/0x2c0 kernel/exit.c:1023
 get_signal+0x16a1/0x1740 kernel/signal.c:2909
 arch_do_signal_or_restart+0x96/0x860 arch/x86/kernel/signal.c:310
 exit_to_user_mode_loop kernel/entry/common.c:111 [inline]
 exit_to_user_mode_prepare include/linux/entry-common.h:328 [inline]
 __syscall_exit_to_user_mode_work kernel/entry/common.c:207 [inline]
 syscall_exit_to_user_mode+0xc9/0x370 kernel/entry/common.c:218
 do_syscall_64+0x100/0x230 arch/x86/entry/common.c:89
 entry_SYSCALL_64_after_hwframe+0x77/0x7f

The buggy address belongs to the object at ffff88802aaf5800
 which belongs to the cache kmalloc-1k of size 1024
The buggy address is located 8 bytes inside of
 freed 1024-byte region [ffff88802aaf5800, ffff88802aaf5c00)

The buggy address belongs to the physical page:
page: refcount:1 mapcount:0 mapping:0000000000000000 index:0x0 pfn:0x2aaf0
head: order:3 mapcount:0 entire_mapcount:0 nr_pages_mapped:0 pincount:0
anon flags: 0xfff00000000040(head|node=0|zone=1|lastcpupid=0x7ff)
page_type: 0xffffefff(slab)
raw: 00fff00000000040 ffff888015041dc0 0000000000000000 dead000000000001
raw: 0000000000000000 0000000000100010 00000001ffffefff 0000000000000000
head: 00fff00000000040 ffff888015041dc0 0000000000000000 dead000000000001
head: 0000000000000000 0000000000100010 00000001ffffefff 0000000000000000
head: 00fff00000000003 ffffea0000aabc01 ffffffffffffffff 0000000000000000
head: 0000000000000008 0000000000000000 00000000ffffffff 0000000000000000
page dumped because: kasan: bad access detected
page_owner tracks the page as allocated
page last allocated via order 3, migratetype Unmovable, gfp_mask 0xd20c0(__GFP_IO|__GFP_FS|__GFP_NOWARN|__GFP_NORETRY|__GFP_COMP|__GFP_NOMEMALLOC), pid 1, tgid 1 (swapper/0), ts 11074988535, free_ts 0
 set_page_owner include/linux/page_owner.h:32 [inline]
 post_alloc_hook+0x1f3/0x230 mm/page_alloc.c:1468
 prep_new_page mm/page_alloc.c:1476 [inline]
 get_page_from_freelist+0x2e43/0x2f00 mm/page_alloc.c:3420
 __alloc_pages_noprof+0x256/0x6c0 mm/page_alloc.c:4678
 __alloc_pages_node_noprof include/linux/gfp.h:269 [inline]
 alloc_pages_node_noprof include/linux/gfp.h:296 [inline]
 alloc_slab_page+0x5f/0x120 mm/slub.c:2265
 allocate_slab+0x5a/0x2f0 mm/slub.c:2428
 new_slab mm/slub.c:2481 [inline]
 ___slab_alloc+0xcd1/0x14b0 mm/slub.c:3667
 __slab_alloc+0x58/0xa0 mm/slub.c:3757
 __slab_alloc_node mm/slub.c:3810 [inline]
 slab_alloc_node mm/slub.c:3989 [inline]
 __do_kmalloc_node mm/slub.c:4121 [inline]
 __kmalloc_noprof+0x257/0x400 mm/slub.c:4135
 kmalloc_noprof include/linux/slab.h:664 [inline]
 kzalloc_noprof include/linux/slab.h:778 [inline]
 alloc_workqueue+0x1b0/0x2060 kernel/workqueue.c:5667
 tipc_topsrv_work_start net/tipc/topsrv.c:635 [inline]
 tipc_topsrv_start net/tipc/topsrv.c:679 [inline]
 tipc_topsrv_init_net+0x303/0x9d0 net/tipc/topsrv.c:725
 ops_init+0x359/0x610 net/core/net_namespace.c:139
 __register_pernet_operations net/core/net_namespace.c:1252 [inline]
 register_pernet_operations+0x2cb/0x660 net/core/net_namespace.c:1325
 register_pernet_device+0x33/0x80 net/core/net_namespace.c:1412
 tipc_init+0x8d/0x190 net/tipc/core.c:168
 do_one_initcall+0x248/0x880 init/main.c:1267
 do_initcall_level+0x157/0x210 init/main.c:1329
page_owner free stack trace missing

Memory state around the buggy address:
 ffff88802aaf5700: fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc
 ffff88802aaf5780: fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc
>ffff88802aaf5800: fa fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb
                      ^
 ffff88802aaf5880: fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb
 ffff88802aaf5900: fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb
==================================================================

---
This report is generated by a bot. It may contain errors.
See https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ for more information about syzbot.
syzbot engineers can be reached at [email-masked].

syzbot will keep track of this issue. See:
https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ#status for how to communicate with syzbot.

If the report is already addressed, let syzbot know by replying with:
#syz fix: exact-commit-title

If you want syzbot to run the reproducer, reply with:
#syz test: git://repo/address.git branch-or-commit-hash
If you attach or paste a git patch, syzbot will apply it before testing.

If you want to overwrite report's subsystems, reply with:
#syz set subsystems: new-subsystem
(See the list of subsystem names on the web dashboard)

If the report is a duplicate of another one, reply with:
#syz dup: exact-subject-of-another-report

If you want to undo deduplication, reply with:
#syz undup