Subject: [syzbot] [net?] UBSAN: shift-out-of-bounds in xfrm_selector_match (2)

From: syzbot <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2024 15:47:29 -0700

Hello,

syzbot found the following issue on:

HEAD commit:    3561373114c8 Merge git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kern..
git tree:       net-next
console output: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/log.txt?x=14a36a8b980000
kernel config:  https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/.config?x=be4832509d93a86b
dashboard link: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/bug?extid=cc39f136925517aed571
compiler:       Debian clang version 15.0.6, GNU ld (GNU Binutils for Debian) 2.40

Unfortunately, I don't have any reproducer for this issue yet.

Downloadable assets:
disk image: https://storage.googleapis.com/syzbot-assets/494b5ef0e99e/disk-35613731.raw.xz
vmlinux: https://storage.googleapis.com/syzbot-assets/2ec90c91c7b4/vmlinux-35613731.xz
kernel image: https://storage.googleapis.com/syzbot-assets/59a0684dc747/bzImage-35613731.xz

IMPORTANT: if you fix the issue, please add the following tag to the commit:
Reported-by: [email-masked]

------------[ cut here ]------------
UBSAN: shift-out-of-bounds in ./include/net/xfrm.h:900:23
shift exponent -96 is negative
CPU: 1 UID: 0 PID: 12120 Comm: syz.1.1258 Not tainted 6.11.0-rc7-syzkaller-01543-g3561373114c8 #0
Hardware name: Google Google Compute Engine/Google Compute Engine, BIOS Google 08/06/2024
Call Trace:
 <TASK>
 __dump_stack lib/dump_stack.c:93 [inline]
 dump_stack_lvl+0x241/0x360 lib/dump_stack.c:119
 ubsan_epilogue lib/ubsan.c:231 [inline]
 __ubsan_handle_shift_out_of_bounds+0x3c8/0x420 lib/ubsan.c:468
 addr4_match include/net/xfrm.h:900 [inline]
 __xfrm4_selector_match net/xfrm/xfrm_policy.c:222 [inline]
 xfrm_selector_match+0xe9b/0x1030 net/xfrm/xfrm_policy.c:247
 xfrm_state_look_at+0xe8/0x480 net/xfrm/xfrm_state.c:1172
 xfrm_state_find+0x199f/0x4d70 net/xfrm/xfrm_state.c:1280
 xfrm_tmpl_resolve_one net/xfrm/xfrm_policy.c:2481 [inline]
 xfrm_tmpl_resolve net/xfrm/xfrm_policy.c:2532 [inline]
 xfrm_resolve_and_create_bundle+0x6d2/0x2c90 net/xfrm/xfrm_policy.c:2826
 xfrm_lookup_with_ifid+0x334/0x1ee0 net/xfrm/xfrm_policy.c:3160
 xfrm_lookup net/xfrm/xfrm_policy.c:3289 [inline]
 xfrm_lookup_route+0x3c/0x1c0 net/xfrm/xfrm_policy.c:3300
 ip_route_connect include/net/route.h:333 [inline]
 __ip4_datagram_connect+0x96c/0x1260 net/ipv4/datagram.c:49
 __ip6_datagram_connect+0x194/0x1230
 ip6_datagram_connect net/ipv6/datagram.c:279 [inline]
 ip6_datagram_connect_v6_only+0x63/0xa0 net/ipv6/datagram.c:291
 __sys_connect_file net/socket.c:2067 [inline]
 __sys_connect+0x2df/0x310 net/socket.c:2084
 __do_sys_connect net/socket.c:2094 [inline]
 __se_sys_connect net/socket.c:2091 [inline]
 __x64_sys_connect+0x7a/0x90 net/socket.c:2091
 do_syscall_x64 arch/x86/entry/common.c:52 [inline]
 do_syscall_64+0xf3/0x230 arch/x86/entry/common.c:83
 entry_SYSCALL_64_after_hwframe+0x77/0x7f
RIP: 0033:0x7fe6d677def9
Code: ff ff c3 66 2e 0f 1f 84 00 00 00 00 00 0f 1f 40 00 48 89 f8 48 89 f7 48 89 d6 48 89 ca 4d 89 c2 4d 89 c8 4c 8b 4c 24 08 0f 05 <48> 3d 01 f0 ff ff 73 01 c3 48 c7 c1 a8 ff ff ff f7 d8 64 89 01 48
RSP: 002b:00007fe6d751f038 EFLAGS: 00000246 ORIG_RAX: 000000000000002a
RAX: ffffffffffffffda RBX: 00007fe6d6936130 RCX: 00007fe6d677def9
RDX: 000000000000001c RSI: 0000000020000000 RDI: 0000000000000007
RBP: 00007fe6d67f0b76 R08: 0000000000000000 R09: 0000000000000000
R10: 0000000000000000 R11: 0000000000000246 R12: 0000000000000000
R13: 0000000000000001 R14: 00007fe6d6936130 R15: 00007ffcce438838
 </TASK>
---[ end trace ]---

---
This report is generated by a bot. It may contain errors.
See https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ for more information about syzbot.
syzbot engineers can be reached at [email-masked].

syzbot will keep track of this issue. See:
https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ#status for how to communicate with syzbot.

If the report is already addressed, let syzbot know by replying with:
#syz fix: exact-commit-title

If you want to overwrite report's subsystems, reply with:
#syz set subsystems: new-subsystem
(See the list of subsystem names on the web dashboard)

If the report is a duplicate of another one, reply with:
#syz dup: exact-subject-of-another-report

If you want to undo deduplication, reply with:
#syz undup