Subject: WARNING in __cfg80211_ibss_joined (2)

From: syzbot <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2020 02:26:29 -0700

Hello,

syzbot found the following issue on:

HEAD commit:    eff48dde Merge tag 'trace-v5.9-rc5' of git://git.kernel.or..
git tree:       upstream
console output: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/log.txt?x=1665b19b900000
kernel config:  https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/.config?x=5f4c828c9e3cef97
dashboard link: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/bug?extid=7f064ba1704c2466e36d
compiler:       gcc (GCC) 10.1.0-syz 20200507

Unfortunately, I don't have any reproducer for this issue yet.

IMPORTANT: if you fix the issue, please add the following tag to the commit:
Reported-by: [email-masked]

------------[ cut here ]------------
WARNING: CPU: 0 PID: 29877 at net/wireless/ibss.c:36 __cfg80211_ibss_joined+0x487/0x520 net/wireless/ibss.c:36
Kernel panic - not syncing: panic_on_warn set ...
CPU: 0 PID: 29877 Comm: kworker/u4:3 Not tainted 5.9.0-rc6-syzkaller #0
Hardware name: Google Google Compute Engine/Google Compute Engine, BIOS Google 01/01/2011
Workqueue: cfg80211 cfg80211_event_work
Call Trace:
 __dump_stack lib/dump_stack.c:77 [inline]
 dump_stack+0x198/0x1fd lib/dump_stack.c:118
 panic+0x382/0x7fb kernel/panic.c:231
 __warn.cold+0x20/0x4b kernel/panic.c:600
 report_bug+0x1bd/0x210 lib/bug.c:198
 handle_bug+0x38/0x90 arch/x86/kernel/traps.c:234
 exc_invalid_op+0x14/0x40 arch/x86/kernel/traps.c:254
 asm_exc_invalid_op+0x12/0x20 arch/x86/include/asm/idtentry.h:536
RIP: 0010:__cfg80211_ibss_joined+0x487/0x520 net/wireless/ibss.c:36
Code: 0f 0b e9 0c fe ff ff e8 77 54 06 fa e9 41 fc ff ff e8 4d 54 06 fa e9 7d fc ff ff e8 63 54 06 fa e9 0d ff ff ff e8 e9 84 c5 f9 <0f> 0b e9 7e fc ff ff e8 dd 84 c5 f9 0f 0b e8 56 54 06 fa e9 e4 fb
RSP: 0018:ffffc900177c7bc8 EFLAGS: 00010293
RAX: 0000000000000000 RBX: ffff88809a2d0c10 RCX: ffffffff815b7ea2
RDX: ffff888097302400 RSI: ffffffff87b0b957 RDI: 0000000000000000
RBP: ffff88809a2d0000 R08: 0000000000000001 R09: ffffffff8d0b7a3f
R10: fffffbfff1a16f47 R11: 0000000000000000 R12: 1ffff92002ef8f7b
R13: ffff888000085a18 R14: 0000000000000000 R15: 0000000000000006
 cfg80211_process_wdev_events+0x3de/0x5b0 net/wireless/util.c:910
 cfg80211_process_rdev_events+0x6e/0x100 net/wireless/util.c:936
 cfg80211_event_work+0x1a/0x20 net/wireless/core.c:320
 process_one_work+0x94c/0x1670 kernel/workqueue.c:2269
 worker_thread+0x64c/0x1120 kernel/workqueue.c:2415
 kthread+0x3b5/0x4a0 kernel/kthread.c:292
 ret_from_fork+0x1f/0x30 arch/x86/entry/entry_64.S:294
Kernel Offset: disabled
Rebooting in 86400 seconds..

---
This report is generated by a bot. It may contain errors.
See https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ for more information about syzbot.
syzbot engineers can be reached at [email-masked].

syzbot will keep track of this issue. See:
https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ#status for how to communicate with syzbot.