Subject: Re: [syzbot] INFO: task hung in port100_probe

From: syzbot <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2021 09:21:10 -0700

Hello,

syzbot has tested the proposed patch but the reproducer is still triggering an issue:
WARNING: ODEBUG bug in release_nodes

------------[ cut here ]------------
ODEBUG: free active (active state 0) object type: work_struct hint: port100_wq_cmd_complete+0x0/0x3b0 drivers/nfc/port100.c:1174
WARNING: CPU: 1 PID: 10270 at lib/debugobjects.c:505 debug_print_object+0x16e/0x250 lib/debugobjects.c:505
Modules linked in:
CPU: 1 PID: 10270 Comm: kworker/1:8 Not tainted 5.13.0-rc7-syzkaller #0
Hardware name: Google Google Compute Engine/Google Compute Engine, BIOS Google 01/01/2011
Workqueue: usb_hub_wq hub_event
RIP: 0010:debug_print_object+0x16e/0x250 lib/debugobjects.c:505
Code: ff df 48 89 fa 48 c1 ea 03 80 3c 02 00 0f 85 af 00 00 00 48 8b 14 dd a0 f6 c2 89 4c 89 ee 48 c7 c7 a0 ea c2 89 e8 2d ee 01 05 <0f> 0b 83 05 25 2d 76 09 01 48 83 c4 18 5b 5d 41 5c 41 5d 41 5e c3
RSP: 0018:ffffc9000af76fc8 EFLAGS: 00010282
RAX: 0000000000000000 RBX: 0000000000000003 RCX: 0000000000000000
RDX: ffff888017f11c40 RSI: ffffffff815ce3a5 RDI: fffff520015eedeb
RBP: 0000000000000001 R08: 0000000000000000 R09: 0000000000000000
R10: ffffffff815c820e R11: 0000000000000000 R12: ffffffff896ae040
R13: ffffffff89c2f0e0 R14: ffffffff814a7730 R15: dffffc0000000000
FS:  0000000000000000(0000) GS:ffff8880b9d00000(0000) knlGS:0000000000000000
CS:  0010 DS: 0000 ES: 0000 CR0: 0000000080050033
CR2: 00007fb6ceabf000 CR3: 000000001cbec000 CR4: 00000000001506e0
DR0: 0000000000000000 DR1: 0000000000000000 DR2: 0000000000000000
DR3: 0000000000000000 DR6: 00000000fffe0ff0 DR7: 0000000000000400
Call Trace:
 __debug_check_no_obj_freed lib/debugobjects.c:987 [inline]
 debug_check_no_obj_freed+0x301/0x420 lib/debugobjects.c:1018
 slab_free_hook mm/slub.c:1558 [inline]
 slab_free_freelist_hook+0x174/0x240 mm/slub.c:1608
 slab_free mm/slub.c:3168 [inline]
 kfree+0xe5/0x7f0 mm/slub.c:4212
 release_nodes+0x4a3/0x8f0 drivers/base/devres.c:524
 devres_release_all+0x74/0xd0 drivers/base/devres.c:545
 really_probe+0x557/0xf60 drivers/base/dd.c:644
 driver_probe_device+0x298/0x410 drivers/base/dd.c:763
 __device_attach_driver+0x203/0x2c0 drivers/base/dd.c:870
 bus_for_each_drv+0x15f/0x1e0 drivers/base/bus.c:431
 __device_attach+0x228/0x4b0 drivers/base/dd.c:938
 bus_probe_device+0x1e4/0x290 drivers/base/bus.c:491
 device_add+0xbe0/0x2100 drivers/base/core.c:3324
 usb_set_configuration+0x113f/0x1910 drivers/usb/core/message.c:2164
 usb_generic_driver_probe+0xba/0x100 drivers/usb/core/generic.c:238
 usb_probe_device+0xd9/0x2c0 drivers/usb/core/driver.c:293
 really_probe+0x291/0xf60 drivers/base/dd.c:576
 driver_probe_device+0x298/0x410 drivers/base/dd.c:763
 __device_attach_driver+0x203/0x2c0 drivers/base/dd.c:870
 bus_for_each_drv+0x15f/0x1e0 drivers/base/bus.c:431
 __device_attach+0x228/0x4b0 drivers/base/dd.c:938
 bus_probe_device+0x1e4/0x290 drivers/base/bus.c:491
 device_add+0xbe0/0x2100 drivers/base/core.c:3324
 usb_new_device.cold+0x721/0x1058 drivers/usb/core/hub.c:2558
 hub_port_connect drivers/usb/core/hub.c:5278 [inline]
 hub_port_connect_change drivers/usb/core/hub.c:5418 [inline]
 port_event drivers/usb/core/hub.c:5564 [inline]
 hub_event+0x2357/0x4330 drivers/usb/core/hub.c:5646
 process_one_work+0x98d/0x1600 kernel/workqueue.c:2276
 worker_thread+0x64c/0x1120 kernel/workqueue.c:2422
 kthread+0x3b1/0x4a0 kernel/kthread.c:313
 ret_from_fork+0x1f/0x30 arch/x86/entry/entry_64.S:294

Tested on:

commit:         a96bfed6 Merge tag 'for-linus' of git://git.armlinux.org.u..
git tree:       upstream
console output: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/log.txt?x=12448400300000
kernel config:  https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/.config?x=3932cedd2c2d4a69
dashboard link: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/bug?extid=abd2e0dafb481b621869
compiler:       
patch:          https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/patch.diff?x=15683230300000