Subject: KMSAN: uninit-value in ebt_stp_mt_check (2)

From: syzbot <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2018 10:29:02 -0700

Hello,

syzbot found the following crash on:

HEAD commit:    c6a6aed994b6 kmsan: remove dead code to trigger syzbot build
git tree:       https://github.com/google/kmsan.git/master
console output: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/log.txt?x=17bde74f800000
kernel config:  https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/.config?x=848e40757852af3e
dashboard link: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/bug?extid=da4494182233c23a5fcf
compiler:       clang version 7.0.0 (trunk 334104)

Unfortunately, I don't have any reproducer for this crash yet.

IMPORTANT: if you fix the bug, please add the following tag to the commit:
Reported-by: [email-masked]

==================================================================
BUG: KMSAN: uninit-value in ebt_stp_mt_check+0x24b/0x450  
net/bridge/netfilter/ebt_stp.c:162
CPU: 0 PID: 12006 Comm: syz-executor7 Not tainted 4.17.0+ #3
Hardware name: Google Google Compute Engine/Google Compute Engine, BIOS  
Google 01/01/2011
Call Trace:
  __dump_stack lib/dump_stack.c:77 [inline]
  dump_stack+0x185/0x1d0 lib/dump_stack.c:113
  kmsan_report+0x149/0x260 mm/kmsan/kmsan.c:1084
  __msan_warning_32+0x6e/0xc0 mm/kmsan/kmsan_instr.c:620
  ebt_stp_mt_check+0x24b/0x450 net/bridge/netfilter/ebt_stp.c:162
  xt_check_match+0x1438/0x1650 net/netfilter/x_tables.c:506
  ebt_check_match net/bridge/netfilter/ebtables.c:372 [inline]
  ebt_check_entry net/bridge/netfilter/ebtables.c:702 [inline]
  translate_table+0x4e88/0x6120 net/bridge/netfilter/ebtables.c:943
  do_replace_finish+0x1258/0x2ea0 net/bridge/netfilter/ebtables.c:999
  do_replace+0x719/0x780 net/bridge/netfilter/ebtables.c:1138
  do_ebt_set_ctl+0x2ab/0x3c0 net/bridge/netfilter/ebtables.c:1517
  nf_sockopt net/netfilter/nf_sockopt.c:106 [inline]
  nf_setsockopt+0x47c/0x4e0 net/netfilter/nf_sockopt.c:115
  ip_setsockopt+0x24b/0x2b0 net/ipv4/ip_sockglue.c:1251
  udp_setsockopt+0x108/0x1b0 net/ipv4/udp.c:2416
  sock_common_setsockopt+0x13b/0x170 net/core/sock.c:3039
  __sys_setsockopt+0x496/0x540 net/socket.c:1903
  __do_sys_setsockopt net/socket.c:1914 [inline]
  __se_sys_setsockopt net/socket.c:1911 [inline]
  __x64_sys_setsockopt+0x15c/0x1c0 net/socket.c:1911
  do_syscall_64+0x15b/0x230 arch/x86/entry/common.c:287
  entry_SYSCALL_64_after_hwframe+0x44/0xa9
RIP: 0033:0x4559f9
RSP: 002b:00007f45b9246c68 EFLAGS: 00000246 ORIG_RAX: 0000000000000036
RAX: ffffffffffffffda RBX: 00007f45b92476d4 RCX: 00000000004559f9
RDX: 0000000000000080 RSI: 0000000000000000 RDI: 0000000000000014
RBP: 000000000072bea0 R08: 0000000000000300 R09: 0000000000000000
R10: 0000000020000480 R11: 0000000000000246 R12: 00000000ffffffff
R13: 00000000004c0d6d R14: 00000000004d07c8 R15: 0000000000000000

Local variable description: ----mtpar.i@translate_table
Variable was created at:
  translate_table+0xbb/0x6120 net/bridge/netfilter/ebtables.c:831
  do_replace_finish+0x1258/0x2ea0 net/bridge/netfilter/ebtables.c:999
==================================================================

---
This bug is generated by a bot. It may contain errors.
See https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ for more information about syzbot.
syzbot engineers can be reached at [email-masked].

syzbot will keep track of this bug report. See:
https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ#bug-status-tracking for how to communicate with  
syzbot.