Subject: WARNING in ieee802154_get_llsec_params

From: syzbot <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2021 05:35:24 -0800

Hello,

syzbot found the following issue on:

HEAD commit:    a99163e9 Merge tag 'devicetree-for-5.12' of git://git.kern..
git tree:       upstream
console output: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/log.txt?x=144bedf2d00000
kernel config:  https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/.config?x=7a875029a795d230
dashboard link: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/bug?extid=cde43a581a8e5f317bc2

Unfortunately, I don't have any reproducer for this issue yet.

IMPORTANT: if you fix the issue, please add the following tag to the commit:
Reported-by: [email-masked]

DEBUG_LOCKS_WARN_ON(lock->magic != lock)
WARNING: CPU: 1 PID: 11257 at kernel/locking/mutex.c:928 __mutex_lock_common kernel/locking/mutex.c:928 [inline]
WARNING: CPU: 1 PID: 11257 at kernel/locking/mutex.c:928 __mutex_lock+0xc0b/0x1120 kernel/locking/mutex.c:1093
Modules linked in:
CPU: 1 PID: 11257 Comm: syz-executor.1 Not tainted 5.11.0-syzkaller #0
Hardware name: Google Google Compute Engine/Google Compute Engine, BIOS Google 01/01/2011
RIP: 0010:__mutex_lock_common kernel/locking/mutex.c:928 [inline]
RIP: 0010:__mutex_lock+0xc0b/0x1120 kernel/locking/mutex.c:1093
Code: 08 84 d2 0f 85 a3 04 00 00 8b 05 b8 7c c2 04 85 c0 0f 85 12 f5 ff ff 48 c7 c6 00 8c 6b 89 48 c7 c7 c0 89 6b 89 e8 96 eb bc ff <0f> 0b e9 f8 f4 ff ff 65 48 8b 1c 25 00 f0 01 00 be 08 00 00 00 48
RSP: 0018:ffffc90002697068 EFLAGS: 00010286
RAX: 0000000000000000 RBX: 0000000000000000 RCX: 0000000000000000
RDX: 0000000000040000 RSI: ffffffff815be2a5 RDI: fffff520004d2dff
RBP: ffff8880125b8c50 R08: 0000000000000000 R09: 0000000000000000
R10: ffffffff815b74be R11: 0000000000000000 R12: 0000000000000000
R13: dffffc0000000000 R14: ffffffff8a898fa0 R15: 0000000000000000
FS:  00007f12c496b700(0000) GS:ffff8880b9d00000(0000) knlGS:0000000000000000
CS:  0010 DS: 0000 ES: 0000 CR0: 0000000080050033
CR2: 000000000053e038 CR3: 000000002947b000 CR4: 0000000000350ee0
Call Trace:
 ieee802154_get_llsec_params+0x3f/0x70 net/mac802154/cfg.c:321
 rdev_get_llsec_params net/ieee802154/rdev-ops.h:241 [inline]
 nl802154_get_llsec_params+0xce/0x390 net/ieee802154/nl802154.c:745
 nl802154_send_iface+0x7cf/0xa70 net/ieee802154/nl802154.c:823
 nl802154_dump_interface+0x294/0x490 net/ieee802154/nl802154.c:860
 genl_lock_dumpit+0x60/0x90 net/netlink/genetlink.c:623
 netlink_dump+0x4b9/0xb70 net/netlink/af_netlink.c:2276
 __netlink_dump_start+0x642/0x900 net/netlink/af_netlink.c:2381
 genl_family_rcv_msg_dumpit+0x2af/0x310 net/netlink/genetlink.c:686
 genl_family_rcv_msg net/netlink/genetlink.c:780 [inline]
 genl_rcv_msg+0x434/0x580 net/netlink/genetlink.c:800
 netlink_rcv_skb+0x153/0x420 net/netlink/af_netlink.c:2502
 genl_rcv+0x24/0x40 net/netlink/genetlink.c:811
 netlink_unicast_kernel net/netlink/af_netlink.c:1312 [inline]
 netlink_unicast+0x533/0x7d0 net/netlink/af_netlink.c:1338
 netlink_sendmsg+0x856/0xd90 net/netlink/af_netlink.c:1927
 sock_sendmsg_nosec net/socket.c:652 [inline]
 sock_sendmsg+0xcf/0x120 net/socket.c:672
 ____sys_sendmsg+0x6e8/0x810 net/socket.c:2348
 ___sys_sendmsg+0xf3/0x170 net/socket.c:2402
 __sys_sendmsg+0xe5/0x1b0 net/socket.c:2435
 do_syscall_64+0x2d/0x70 arch/x86/entry/common.c:46
 entry_SYSCALL_64_after_hwframe+0x44/0xae
RIP: 0033:0x465ef9
Code: ff ff c3 66 2e 0f 1f 84 00 00 00 00 00 0f 1f 40 00 48 89 f8 48 89 f7 48 89 d6 48 89 ca 4d 89 c2 4d 89 c8 4c 8b 4c 24 08 0f 05 <48> 3d 01 f0 ff ff 73 01 c3 48 c7 c1 bc ff ff ff f7 d8 64 89 01 48
RSP: 002b:00007f12c496b188 EFLAGS: 00000246 ORIG_RAX: 000000000000002e
RAX: ffffffffffffffda RBX: 000000000056bf60 RCX: 0000000000465ef9
RDX: 0000000000000000 RSI: 0000000020000140 RDI: 0000000000000004
RBP: 00000000004bcd1c R08: 0000000000000000 R09: 0000000000000000
R10: 0000000000000000 R11: 0000000000000246 R12: 000000000056bf60
R13: 00007ffffb9a9dcf R14: 00007f12c496b300 R15: 0000000000022000

---
This report is generated by a bot. It may contain errors.
See https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ for more information about syzbot.
syzbot engineers can be reached at [email-masked].

syzbot will keep track of this issue. See:
https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ#status for how to communicate with syzbot.