Subject: [syzbot] KASAN: slab-out-of-bounds Write in copy_array

From: syzbot <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2022 05:31:31 -0800

Hello,

syzbot found the following issue on:

HEAD commit:    c35bd4e42885 Add linux-next specific files for 20221124
git tree:       linux-next
console+strace: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/log.txt?x=13369dc5880000
kernel config:  https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/.config?x=11e19c740a0b2926
dashboard link: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/bug?extid=b1e1f7feb407b56d0355
compiler:       gcc (Debian 10.2.1-6) 10.2.1 20210110, GNU ld (GNU Binutils for Debian) 2.35.2
syz repro:      https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/repro.syz?x=1345a205880000
C reproducer:   https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/repro.c?x=124c644b880000

Downloadable assets:
disk image: https://storage.googleapis.com/syzbot-assets/968fee464d14/disk-c35bd4e4.raw.xz
vmlinux: https://storage.googleapis.com/syzbot-assets/4f46fe801b5b/vmlinux-c35bd4e4.xz
kernel image: https://storage.googleapis.com/syzbot-assets/c2cdf8fb264e/bzImage-c35bd4e4.xz

IMPORTANT: if you fix the issue, please add the following tag to the commit:
Reported-by: [email-masked]

==================================================================
BUG: KASAN: slab-out-of-bounds in copy_array+0x96/0x100 kernel/bpf/verifier.c:1032
Write of size 232 at addr ffff88801ed62600 by task syz-executor990/5290

CPU: 0 PID: 5290 Comm: syz-executor990 Not tainted 6.1.0-rc6-next-20221124-syzkaller #0
Hardware name: Google Google Compute Engine/Google Compute Engine, BIOS Google 10/26/2022
Call Trace:
 <TASK>
 __dump_stack lib/dump_stack.c:88 [inline]
 dump_stack_lvl+0xd1/0x138 lib/dump_stack.c:106
 print_address_description mm/kasan/report.c:253 [inline]
 print_report+0x15e/0x45d mm/kasan/report.c:364
 kasan_report+0xbf/0x1f0 mm/kasan/report.c:464
 check_region_inline mm/kasan/generic.c:183 [inline]
 kasan_check_range+0x141/0x190 mm/kasan/generic.c:189
 memcpy+0x3d/0x60 mm/kasan/shadow.c:66
 copy_array+0x96/0x100 kernel/bpf/verifier.c:1032
 copy_verifier_state+0xa9/0xbe0 kernel/bpf/verifier.c:1210
 pop_stack+0x8c/0x2f0 kernel/bpf/verifier.c:1273
 do_check kernel/bpf/verifier.c:13733 [inline]
 do_check_common+0x372b/0xc5e0 kernel/bpf/verifier.c:15991
 do_check_main kernel/bpf/verifier.c:16054 [inline]
 bpf_check+0x7371/0xad00 kernel/bpf/verifier.c:16624
 bpf_prog_load+0x1543/0x2230 kernel/bpf/syscall.c:2619
 __sys_bpf+0x1436/0x4ff0 kernel/bpf/syscall.c:4979
 __do_sys_bpf kernel/bpf/syscall.c:5083 [inline]
 __se_sys_bpf kernel/bpf/syscall.c:5081 [inline]
 __x64_sys_bpf+0x79/0xc0 kernel/bpf/syscall.c:5081
 do_syscall_x64 arch/x86/entry/common.c:50 [inline]
 do_syscall_64+0x39/0xb0 arch/x86/entry/common.c:80
 entry_SYSCALL_64_after_hwframe+0x63/0xcd
RIP: 0033:0x7fc18e7bbc29
Code: 28 c3 e8 2a 14 00 00 66 2e 0f 1f 84 00 00 00 00 00 48 89 f8 48 89 f7 48 89 d6 48 89 ca 4d 89 c2 4d 89 c8 4c 8b 4c 24 08 0f 05 <48> 3d 01 f0 ff ff 73 01 c3 48 c7 c1 c0 ff ff ff f7 d8 64 89 01 48
RSP: 002b:00007ffd8f27a968 EFLAGS: 00000246 ORIG_RAX: 0000000000000141
RAX: ffffffffffffffda RBX: 0000000000000000 RCX: 00007fc18e7bbc29
RDX: 0000000000000048 RSI: 0000000020000200 RDI: 0000000000000005
RBP: 00007fc18e77fdd0 R08: 0000000000000000 R09: 0000000000000000
R10: 00000000ffffffff R11: 0000000000000246 R12: 00007fc18e77fe60
R13: 0000000000000000 R14: 0000000000000000 R15: 0000000000000000
 </TASK>

Allocated by task 5290:
 kasan_save_stack+0x22/0x40 mm/kasan/common.c:45
 kasan_set_track+0x25/0x30 mm/kasan/common.c:52
 ____kasan_kmalloc mm/kasan/common.c:376 [inline]
 ____kasan_kmalloc mm/kasan/common.c:335 [inline]
 __kasan_krealloc+0x145/0x180 mm/kasan/common.c:444
 kasan_krealloc include/linux/kasan.h:232 [inline]
 __do_krealloc mm/slab_common.c:1348 [inline]
 krealloc+0xa8/0x100 mm/slab_common.c:1385
 push_jmp_history+0x89/0x260 kernel/bpf/verifier.c:2528
 is_state_visited kernel/bpf/verifier.c:13269 [inline]
 do_check kernel/bpf/verifier.c:13466 [inline]
 do_check_common+0x4b47/0xc5e0 kernel/bpf/verifier.c:15991
 do_check_main kernel/bpf/verifier.c:16054 [inline]
 bpf_check+0x7371/0xad00 kernel/bpf/verifier.c:16624
 bpf_prog_load+0x1543/0x2230 kernel/bpf/syscall.c:2619
 __sys_bpf+0x1436/0x4ff0 kernel/bpf/syscall.c:4979
 __do_sys_bpf kernel/bpf/syscall.c:5083 [inline]
 __se_sys_bpf kernel/bpf/syscall.c:5081 [inline]
 __x64_sys_bpf+0x79/0xc0 kernel/bpf/syscall.c:5081
 do_syscall_x64 arch/x86/entry/common.c:50 [inline]
 do_syscall_64+0x39/0xb0 arch/x86/entry/common.c:80
 entry_SYSCALL_64_after_hwframe+0x63/0xcd

The buggy address belongs to the object at ffff88801ed62600
 which belongs to the cache kmalloc-256 of size 256
The buggy address is located 0 bytes inside of
 256-byte region [ffff88801ed62600, ffff88801ed62700)

The buggy address belongs to the physical page:
page:ffffea00007b5880 refcount:1 mapcount:0 mapping:0000000000000000 index:0x0 pfn:0x1ed62
head:ffffea00007b5880 order:1 compound_mapcount:0 subpages_mapcount:0 compound_pincount:0
flags: 0xfff00000010200(slab|head|node=0|zone=1|lastcpupid=0x7ff)
raw: 00fff00000010200 ffff888012441b40 ffffea0000809f80 dead000000000002
raw: 0000000000000000 0000000080100010 00000001ffffffff 0000000000000000
page dumped because: kasan: bad access detected
page_owner tracks the page as allocated
page last allocated via order 1, migratetype Unmovable, gfp_mask 0xd20c0(__GFP_IO|__GFP_FS|__GFP_NOWARN|__GFP_NORETRY|__GFP_COMP|__GFP_NOMEMALLOC), pid 56, tgid 56 (kworker/u4:4), ts 7761288109, free_ts 0
 prep_new_page mm/page_alloc.c:2541 [inline]
 get_page_from_freelist+0x119c/0x2cd0 mm/page_alloc.c:4293
 __alloc_pages+0x1cb/0x5b0 mm/page_alloc.c:5551
 alloc_pages+0x1aa/0x270 mm/mempolicy.c:2285
 alloc_slab_page mm/slub.c:1833 [inline]
 allocate_slab+0x25e/0x350 mm/slub.c:1980
 new_slab mm/slub.c:2033 [inline]
 ___slab_alloc+0xa91/0x1400 mm/slub.c:3211
 __slab_alloc.constprop.0+0x56/0xa0 mm/slub.c:3310
 slab_alloc_node mm/slub.c:3395 [inline]
 __kmem_cache_alloc_node+0x1a9/0x430 mm/slub.c:3472
 kmalloc_trace+0x26/0x60 mm/slab_common.c:1049
 kmalloc include/linux/slab.h:571 [inline]
 scsi_probe_and_add_lun+0x3ae/0x34d0 drivers/scsi/scsi_scan.c:1186
 __scsi_scan_target+0x21f/0xda0 drivers/scsi/scsi_scan.c:1664
 scsi_scan_channel drivers/scsi/scsi_scan.c:1752 [inline]
 scsi_scan_channel+0x148/0x1e0 drivers/scsi/scsi_scan.c:1728
 scsi_scan_host_selected+0x2e3/0x3b0 drivers/scsi/scsi_scan.c:1781
 do_scsi_scan_host+0x1e8/0x260 drivers/scsi/scsi_scan.c:1920
 do_scan_async+0x42/0x500 drivers/scsi/scsi_scan.c:1930
 async_run_entry_fn+0x9c/0x530 kernel/async.c:127
 process_one_work+0x9bf/0x1710 kernel/workqueue.c:2289
page_owner free stack trace missing

Memory state around the buggy address:
 ffff88801ed62500: fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc
 ffff88801ed62580: fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc
>ffff88801ed62600: 00 00 00 00 fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc
                               ^
 ffff88801ed62680: fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc
 ffff88801ed62700: fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc
==================================================================

---
This report is generated by a bot. It may contain errors.
See https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ for more information about syzbot.
syzbot engineers can be reached at [email-masked].

syzbot will keep track of this issue. See:
https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ#status for how to communicate with syzbot.
syzbot can test patches for this issue, for details see:
https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ#testing-patches