Subject: UBSAN: shift-out-of-bounds in hash_mac_create

From: syzbot <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2020 14:13:09 -0800

Hello,

syzbot found the following issue on:

HEAD commit:    a9e26cb5 Add linux-next specific files for 20201208
git tree:       linux-next
console output: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/log.txt?x=16f05123500000
kernel config:  https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/.config?x=e259434a8eaf0206
dashboard link: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/bug?extid=d66bfadebca46cf61a2b
compiler:       gcc (GCC) 10.1.0-syz 20200507
syz repro:      https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/repro.syz?x=13afdcbd500000
C reproducer:   https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/repro.c?x=12b14b37500000

IMPORTANT: if you fix the issue, please add the following tag to the commit:
Reported-by: [email-masked]

================================================================================
UBSAN: shift-out-of-bounds in net/netfilter/ipset/ip_set_hash_gen.h:151:6
shift exponent 32 is too large for 32-bit type 'unsigned int'
CPU: 0 PID: 8498 Comm: syz-executor519 Not tainted 5.10.0-rc7-next-20201208-syzkaller #0
Hardware name: Google Google Compute Engine/Google Compute Engine, BIOS Google 01/01/2011
Call Trace:
 __dump_stack lib/dump_stack.c:79 [inline]
 dump_stack+0x107/0x163 lib/dump_stack.c:120
 ubsan_epilogue+0xb/0x5a lib/ubsan.c:148
 __ubsan_handle_shift_out_of_bounds.cold+0xb1/0x181 lib/ubsan.c:395
 htable_bits net/netfilter/ipset/ip_set_hash_gen.h:151 [inline]
 hash_mac_create.cold+0x58/0x9b net/netfilter/ipset/ip_set_hash_gen.h:1524
 ip_set_create+0x610/0x1380 net/netfilter/ipset/ip_set_core.c:1115
 nfnetlink_rcv_msg+0xecc/0x1180 net/netfilter/nfnetlink.c:252
 netlink_rcv_skb+0x153/0x420 net/netlink/af_netlink.c:2494
 nfnetlink_rcv+0x1ac/0x420 net/netfilter/nfnetlink.c:600
 netlink_unicast_kernel net/netlink/af_netlink.c:1304 [inline]
 netlink_unicast+0x533/0x7d0 net/netlink/af_netlink.c:1330
 netlink_sendmsg+0x907/0xe40 net/netlink/af_netlink.c:1919
 sock_sendmsg_nosec net/socket.c:652 [inline]
 sock_sendmsg+0xcf/0x120 net/socket.c:672
 ____sys_sendmsg+0x6e8/0x810 net/socket.c:2345
 ___sys_sendmsg+0xf3/0x170 net/socket.c:2399
 __sys_sendmsg+0xe5/0x1b0 net/socket.c:2432
 do_syscall_64+0x2d/0x70 arch/x86/entry/common.c:46
 entry_SYSCALL_64_after_hwframe+0x44/0xa9
RIP: 0033:0x440419
Code: 18 89 d0 c3 66 2e 0f 1f 84 00 00 00 00 00 0f 1f 00 48 89 f8 48 89 f7 48 89 d6 48 89 ca 4d 89 c2 4d 89 c8 4c 8b 4c 24 08 0f 05 <48> 3d 01 f0 ff ff 0f 83 7b 13 fc ff c3 66 2e 0f 1f 84 00 00 00 00
RSP: 002b:00007ffd29571ba8 EFLAGS: 00000246 ORIG_RAX: 000000000000002e
RAX: ffffffffffffffda RBX: 00000000004002c8 RCX: 0000000000440419
RDX: 0000000000000000 RSI: 0000000020000040 RDI: 0000000000000003
RBP: 00000000006ca018 R08: 0000000000000009 R09: 00000000004002c8
R10: 0000000000000004 R11: 0000000000000246 R12: 0000000000401c20
R13: 0000000000401cb0 R14: 0000000000000000 R15: 0000000000000000
================================================================================

---
This report is generated by a bot. It may contain errors.
See https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ for more information about syzbot.
syzbot engineers can be reached at [email-masked].

syzbot will keep track of this issue. See:
https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ#status for how to communicate with syzbot.
syzbot can test patches for this issue, for details see:
https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ#testing-patches