Subject: [syzbot] [nfc?] memory leak in nfc_genl_se_io

From: syzbot <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2023 10:42:42 -0800

Hello,

syzbot found the following issue on:

HEAD commit:    ceaa837f96ad Linux 6.2-rc8
git tree:       upstream
console output: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/log.txt?x=12998820c80000
kernel config:  https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/.config?x=74b547d21d6e842b
dashboard link: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/bug?extid=df64c0a2e8d68e78a4fa
compiler:       gcc (Debian 10.2.1-6) 10.2.1 20210110, GNU ld (GNU Binutils for Debian) 2.35.2
syz repro:      https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/repro.syz?x=1273b13f480000
C reproducer:   https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/repro.c?x=1223934f480000

Downloadable assets:
disk image: https://storage.googleapis.com/syzbot-assets/611c72309dbd/disk-ceaa837f.raw.xz
vmlinux: https://storage.googleapis.com/syzbot-assets/182986ae7897/vmlinux-ceaa837f.xz
kernel image: https://storage.googleapis.com/syzbot-assets/c198e9ad17fc/bzImage-ceaa837f.xz

IMPORTANT: if you fix the issue, please add the following tag to the commit:
Reported-by: [email-masked]

executing program
executing program
BUG: memory leak
unreferenced object 0xffff88810e03ca60 (size 32):
  comm "syz-executor354", pid 5068, jiffies 4294945666 (age 13.810s)
  hex dump (first 32 bytes):
    02 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00  ................
    00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00  ................
  backtrace:
    [<ffffffff815090d4>] kmalloc_trace+0x24/0x90 mm/slab_common.c:1062
    [<ffffffff846a8104>] kmalloc include/linux/slab.h:580 [inline]
    [<ffffffff846a8104>] kzalloc include/linux/slab.h:720 [inline]
    [<ffffffff846a8104>] nfc_genl_se_io+0xf4/0x260 net/nfc/netlink.c:1531
    [<ffffffff83d2cede>] genl_family_rcv_msg_doit.isra.0+0xee/0x150 net/netlink/genetlink.c:968
    [<ffffffff83d2d217>] genl_family_rcv_msg net/netlink/genetlink.c:1048 [inline]
    [<ffffffff83d2d217>] genl_rcv_msg+0x2d7/0x430 net/netlink/genetlink.c:1065
    [<ffffffff83d2b5a1>] netlink_rcv_skb+0x91/0x1e0 net/netlink/af_netlink.c:2574
    [<ffffffff83d2c5a8>] genl_rcv+0x28/0x40 net/netlink/genetlink.c:1076
    [<ffffffff83d2a4fb>] netlink_unicast_kernel net/netlink/af_netlink.c:1339 [inline]
    [<ffffffff83d2a4fb>] netlink_unicast+0x39b/0x4d0 net/netlink/af_netlink.c:1365
    [<ffffffff83d2a9ca>] netlink_sendmsg+0x39a/0x710 net/netlink/af_netlink.c:1942
    [<ffffffff83b74b3a>] sock_sendmsg_nosec net/socket.c:714 [inline]
    [<ffffffff83b74b3a>] sock_sendmsg+0x5a/0x80 net/socket.c:734
    [<ffffffff83b750bd>] ____sys_sendmsg+0x38d/0x410 net/socket.c:2476
    [<ffffffff83b79c68>] ___sys_sendmsg+0xa8/0x110 net/socket.c:2530
    [<ffffffff83b79e0c>] __sys_sendmsg+0x8c/0x100 net/socket.c:2559
    [<ffffffff8498d8a9>] do_syscall_x64 arch/x86/entry/common.c:50 [inline]
    [<ffffffff8498d8a9>] do_syscall_64+0x39/0xb0 arch/x86/entry/common.c:80
    [<ffffffff84a0008b>] entry_SYSCALL_64_after_hwframe+0x63/0xcd

---
This report is generated by a bot. It may contain errors.
See https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ for more information about syzbot.
syzbot engineers can be reached at [email-masked].

syzbot will keep track of this issue. See:
https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ#status for how to communicate with syzbot.
syzbot can test patches for this issue, for details see:
https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ#testing-patches