Subject: Re: WARNING in __cfg80211_ibss_joined (2)

From: syzbot <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Sep 2020 05:09:23 -0700

syzbot has found a reproducer for the following issue on:

HEAD commit:    7c7ec322 Merge tag 'for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub..
git tree:       upstream
console output: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/log.txt?x=10f42f9b900000
kernel config:  https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/.config?x=6184b75aa6d48d66
dashboard link: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/bug?extid=7f064ba1704c2466e36d
compiler:       clang version 10.0.0 (https://github.com/llvm/llvm-project/ c2443155a0fb245c8f17f2c1c72b6ea391e86e81)
syz repro:      https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/repro.syz?x=1757b773900000

IMPORTANT: if you fix the issue, please add the following tag to the commit:
Reported-by: [email-masked]

------------[ cut here ]------------
WARNING: CPU: 0 PID: 8356 at net/wireless/ibss.c:36 __cfg80211_ibss_joined+0x3fe/0x480 net/wireless/ibss.c:36
Kernel panic - not syncing: panic_on_warn set ...
CPU: 0 PID: 8356 Comm: kworker/u4:7 Not tainted 5.9.0-rc6-syzkaller #0
Hardware name: Google Google Compute Engine/Google Compute Engine, BIOS Google 01/01/2011
Workqueue: cfg80211 cfg80211_event_work
Call Trace:
 __dump_stack lib/dump_stack.c:77 [inline]
 dump_stack+0x1d6/0x29e lib/dump_stack.c:118
 panic+0x2c0/0x800 kernel/panic.c:231
 __warn+0x227/0x250 kernel/panic.c:600
 report_bug+0x1b1/0x2e0 lib/bug.c:198
 handle_bug+0x42/0x80 arch/x86/kernel/traps.c:234
 exc_invalid_op+0x16/0x40 arch/x86/kernel/traps.c:254
 asm_exc_invalid_op+0x12/0x20 arch/x86/include/asm/idtentry.h:536
RIP: 0010:__cfg80211_ibss_joined+0x3fe/0x480 net/wireless/ibss.c:36
Code: 00 00 48 3b 44 24 30 0f 85 8d 00 00 00 48 83 c4 38 5b 41 5c 41 5d 41 5e 41 5f 5d c3 e8 bb 54 9a f9 0f 0b eb d4 e8 b2 54 9a f9 <0f> 0b eb cb e8 a9 54 9a f9 0f 0b e9 82 fd ff ff e8 9d 54 9a f9 0f
RSP: 0018:ffffc9000a197bd8 EFLAGS: 00010293
RAX: ffffffff87daa87e RBX: 1ffff11012e3a182 RCX: ffff8880953ae080
RDX: 0000000000000000 RSI: 0000000000000000 RDI: 0000000000000000
RBP: 0000000000000006 R08: dffffc0000000000 R09: fffffbfff16c80a4
R10: fffffbfff16c80a4 R11: 0000000000000000 R12: ffff8880971d0c10
R13: ffff88808ddde418 R14: ffff888077e23350 R15: ffff8880971d0000
 cfg80211_process_wdev_events+0x3b5/0x4d0 net/wireless/util.c:910
 cfg80211_process_rdev_events+0x79/0xe0 net/wireless/util.c:936
 cfg80211_event_work+0x1d/0x30 net/wireless/core.c:320
 process_one_work+0x789/0xfc0 kernel/workqueue.c:2269
 worker_thread+0xaa4/0x1460 kernel/workqueue.c:2415
 kthread+0x37e/0x3a0 drivers/block/aoe/aoecmd.c:1234
 ret_from_fork+0x1f/0x30 arch/x86/entry/entry_64.S:294
Kernel Offset: disabled
Rebooting in 86400 seconds..