Subject: general protection fault in drain_workqueue

From: syzbot <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2019 05:27:06 -0700

Hello,

syzbot found the following crash on:

HEAD commit:    43151d6c usb-fuzzer: main usb gadget fuzzer driver
git tree:       https://github.com/google/kasan.git usb-fuzzer
console output: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/log.txt?x=17022474a00000
kernel config:  https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/.config?x=4183eeef650d1234
dashboard link: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/bug?extid=09139d1a5ed6b898e29d
compiler:       gcc (GCC) 9.0.0 20181231 (experimental)
syz repro:      https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/repro.syz?x=15752dc8a00000

IMPORTANT: if you fix the bug, please add the following tag to the commit:
Reported-by: [email-masked]

pegasus 4-1:0.103: can't reset MAC
kasan: CONFIG_KASAN_INLINE enabled
kasan: GPF could be caused by NULL-ptr deref or user memory access
general protection fault: 0000 [#1] SMP KASAN PTI
CPU: 0 PID: 5 Comm: kworker/0:0 Not tainted 5.1.0-rc3-319004-g43151d6 #6
Hardware name: Google Google Compute Engine/Google Compute Engine, BIOS  
Google 01/01/2011
Workqueue: usb_hub_wq hub_event
RIP: 0010:__lock_acquire+0xadc/0x37c0 kernel/locking/lockdep.c:3573
Code: 00 0f 85 c1 1d 00 00 48 81 c4 10 01 00 00 5b 5d 41 5c 41 5d 41 5e 41  
5f c3 48 b8 00 00 00 00 00 fc ff df 4c 89 ea 48 c1 ea 03 <80> 3c 02 00 0f  
85 35 1e 00 00 49 81 7d 00 00 19 01 96 0f 84 e8 f5
RSP: 0018:ffff8880a8476e08 EFLAGS: 00010002
RAX: dffffc0000000000 RBX: ffff8880a8469880 RCX: 0000000000000000
RDX: 0000000000000010 RSI: 0000000000000000 RDI: 0000000000000001
RBP: 0000000000000000 R08: 0000000000000001 R09: 0000000000000000
R10: ffff8880a8477160 R11: ffff8880a8469880 R12: 0000000000000000
R13: 0000000000000080 R14: 0000000000000000 R15: 0000000000000001
FS:  0000000000000000(0000) GS:ffff8880ad000000(0000) knlGS:0000000000000000
CS:  0010 DS: 0000 ES: 0000 CR0: 0000000080050033
CR2: 00007f3a1f740000 CR3: 0000000090bc0000 CR4: 00000000001406f0
DR0: 0000000000000000 DR1: 0000000000000000 DR2: 0000000000000000
DR3: 0000000000000000 DR6: 00000000fffe0ff0 DR7: 0000000000000400
Call Trace:
  lock_acquire+0x10d/0x2f0 kernel/locking/lockdep.c:4211
  __mutex_lock_common kernel/locking/mutex.c:925 [inline]
  __mutex_lock+0xfe/0x12b0 kernel/locking/mutex.c:1072
  drain_workqueue+0x29/0x470 kernel/workqueue.c:2934
  destroy_workqueue+0x23/0x6d0 kernel/workqueue.c:4320
  pegasus_dec_workqueue drivers/net/usb/pegasus.c:1133 [inline]
  pegasus_dec_workqueue drivers/net/usb/pegasus.c:1129 [inline]
  pegasus_probe+0x1073/0x15e0 drivers/net/usb/pegasus.c:1228
  usb_probe_interface+0x31d/0x820 drivers/usb/core/driver.c:361
  really_probe+0x2da/0xb10 drivers/base/dd.c:509
  driver_probe_device+0x21d/0x350 drivers/base/dd.c:671
  __device_attach_driver+0x1d8/0x290 drivers/base/dd.c:778
  bus_for_each_drv+0x163/0x1e0 drivers/base/bus.c:454
  __device_attach+0x223/0x3a0 drivers/base/dd.c:844
  bus_probe_device+0x1f1/0x2a0 drivers/base/bus.c:514
  device_add+0xad2/0x16e0 drivers/base/core.c:2106
  usb_set_configuration+0xdf7/0x1740 drivers/usb/core/message.c:2023
  generic_probe+0xa2/0xda drivers/usb/core/generic.c:210
  usb_probe_device+0xc0/0x150 drivers/usb/core/driver.c:266
  really_probe+0x2da/0xb10 drivers/base/dd.c:509
  driver_probe_device+0x21d/0x350 drivers/base/dd.c:671
  __device_attach_driver+0x1d8/0x290 drivers/base/dd.c:778
  bus_for_each_drv+0x163/0x1e0 drivers/base/bus.c:454
  __device_attach+0x223/0x3a0 drivers/base/dd.c:844
  bus_probe_device+0x1f1/0x2a0 drivers/base/bus.c:514
  device_add+0xad2/0x16e0 drivers/base/core.c:2106
  usb_new_device.cold+0x537/0xccf drivers/usb/core/hub.c:2534
  hub_port_connect drivers/usb/core/hub.c:5089 [inline]
  hub_port_connect_change drivers/usb/core/hub.c:5204 [inline]
  port_event drivers/usb/core/hub.c:5350 [inline]
  hub_event+0x138e/0x3b00 drivers/usb/core/hub.c:5432
  process_one_work+0x90f/0x1580 kernel/workqueue.c:2269
  process_scheduled_works kernel/workqueue.c:2331 [inline]
  worker_thread+0x7b0/0xe20 kernel/workqueue.c:2417
  kthread+0x313/0x420 kernel/kthread.c:253
  ret_from_fork+0x3a/0x50 arch/x86/entry/entry_64.S:352
Modules linked in:
---[ end trace 01015c397d4bdcc4 ]---
RIP: 0010:__lock_acquire+0xadc/0x37c0 kernel/locking/lockdep.c:3573
Code: 00 0f 85 c1 1d 00 00 48 81 c4 10 01 00 00 5b 5d 41 5c 41 5d 41 5e 41  
5f c3 48 b8 00 00 00 00 00 fc ff df 4c 89 ea 48 c1 ea 03 <80> 3c 02 00 0f  
85 35 1e 00 00 49 81 7d 00 00 19 01 96 0f 84 e8 f5
RSP: 0018:ffff8880a8476e08 EFLAGS: 00010002
RAX: dffffc0000000000 RBX: ffff8880a8469880 RCX: 0000000000000000
RDX: 0000000000000010 RSI: 0000000000000000 RDI: 0000000000000001
RBP: 0000000000000000 R08: 0000000000000001 R09: 0000000000000000
R10: ffff8880a8477160 R11: ffff8880a8469880 R12: 0000000000000000
R13: 0000000000000080 R14: 0000000000000000 R15: 0000000000000001
FS:  0000000000000000(0000) GS:ffff8880ad000000(0000) knlGS:0000000000000000
CS:  0010 DS: 0000 ES: 0000 CR0: 0000000080050033
CR2: 00007f3a1f740000 CR3: 0000000090bc0000 CR4: 00000000001406f0
DR0: 0000000000000000 DR1: 0000000000000000 DR2: 0000000000000000
DR3: 0000000000000000 DR6: 00000000fffe0ff0 DR7: 0000000000000400

---
This bug is generated by a bot. It may contain errors.
See https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ for more information about syzbot.
syzbot engineers can be reached at [email-masked].

syzbot will keep track of this bug report. See:
https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ#status for how to communicate with syzbot.
syzbot can test patches for this bug, for details see:
https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ#testing-patches