Subject: KMSAN: uninit-value in tipc_nl_compat_bearer_enable (2)

From: syzbot <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2019 10:54:07 -0700

Hello,

syzbot found the following crash on:

HEAD commit:    9536b452 kmsan: uaccess.h: fix variable name conflicts
git tree:       kmsan
console output: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/log.txt?x=15f5d583200000
kernel config:  https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/.config?x=a5675814e8eae69e
dashboard link: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/bug?extid=8b707430713eb46e1e45
compiler:       clang version 8.0.0 (trunk 350509)
syz repro:      https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/repro.syz?x=16438e1b200000
C reproducer:   https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/repro.c?x=16898cd7200000

IMPORTANT: if you fix the bug, please add the following tag to the commit:
Reported-by: [email-masked]

==================================================================
BUG: KMSAN: uninit-value in memchr+0xce/0x110 lib/string.c:961
CPU: 0 PID: 10526 Comm: syz-executor961 Not tainted 5.0.0+ #13
Hardware name: Google Google Compute Engine/Google Compute Engine, BIOS  
Google 01/01/2011
Call Trace:
  __dump_stack lib/dump_stack.c:77 [inline]
  dump_stack+0x173/0x1d0 lib/dump_stack.c:113
  kmsan_report+0x12e/0x2a0 mm/kmsan/kmsan.c:600
  __msan_warning+0x82/0xf0 mm/kmsan/kmsan_instr.c:313
  memchr+0xce/0x110 lib/string.c:961
  string_is_valid net/tipc/netlink_compat.c:176 [inline]
  tipc_nl_compat_bearer_enable+0x2c4/0x910 net/tipc/netlink_compat.c:401
  __tipc_nl_compat_doit net/tipc/netlink_compat.c:321 [inline]
  tipc_nl_compat_doit+0x3aa/0xaf0 net/tipc/netlink_compat.c:354
  tipc_nl_compat_handle net/tipc/netlink_compat.c:1162 [inline]
  tipc_nl_compat_recv+0x1ae7/0x2750 net/tipc/netlink_compat.c:1265
  genl_family_rcv_msg net/netlink/genetlink.c:601 [inline]
  genl_rcv_msg+0x185f/0x1a60 net/netlink/genetlink.c:626
  netlink_rcv_skb+0x431/0x620 net/netlink/af_netlink.c:2477
  genl_rcv+0x63/0x80 net/netlink/genetlink.c:637
  netlink_unicast_kernel net/netlink/af_netlink.c:1310 [inline]
  netlink_unicast+0xf3e/0x1020 net/netlink/af_netlink.c:1336
  netlink_sendmsg+0x127f/0x1300 net/netlink/af_netlink.c:1917
  sock_sendmsg_nosec net/socket.c:622 [inline]
  sock_sendmsg net/socket.c:632 [inline]
  ___sys_sendmsg+0xdb9/0x11b0 net/socket.c:2115
  __sys_sendmsg net/socket.c:2153 [inline]
  __do_sys_sendmsg net/socket.c:2162 [inline]
  __se_sys_sendmsg+0x305/0x460 net/socket.c:2160
  __x64_sys_sendmsg+0x4a/0x70 net/socket.c:2160
  do_syscall_64+0xbc/0xf0 arch/x86/entry/common.c:291
  entry_SYSCALL_64_after_hwframe+0x63/0xe7
RIP: 0033:0x440209
Code: 18 89 d0 c3 66 2e 0f 1f 84 00 00 00 00 00 0f 1f 00 48 89 f8 48 89 f7  
48 89 d6 48 89 ca 4d 89 c2 4d 89 c8 4c 8b 4c 24 08 0f 05 <48> 3d 01 f0 ff  
ff 0f 83 fb 13 fc ff c3 66 2e 0f 1f 84 00 00 00 00
RSP: 002b:00007ffc77bfd0a8 EFLAGS: 00000246 ORIG_RAX: 000000000000002e
RAX: ffffffffffffffda RBX: 00000000004002c8 RCX: 0000000000440209
RDX: 0000000000000000 RSI: 0000000020000140 RDI: 0000000000000003
RBP: 00000000006ca018 R08: 0000000000000000 R09: 00000000004002c8
R10: 0000000000000000 R11: 0000000000000246 R12: 0000000000401a90
R13: 0000000000401b20 R14: 0000000000000000 R15: 0000000000000000

Uninit was created at:
  kmsan_save_stack_with_flags mm/kmsan/kmsan.c:205 [inline]
  kmsan_internal_poison_shadow+0x92/0x150 mm/kmsan/kmsan.c:159
  kmsan_kmalloc+0xa6/0x130 mm/kmsan/kmsan_hooks.c:176
  kmsan_slab_alloc+0xe/0x10 mm/kmsan/kmsan_hooks.c:185
  slab_post_alloc_hook mm/slab.h:445 [inline]
  slab_alloc_node mm/slub.c:2773 [inline]
  __kmalloc_node_track_caller+0xe9e/0xff0 mm/slub.c:4398
  __kmalloc_reserve net/core/skbuff.c:140 [inline]
  __alloc_skb+0x309/0xa20 net/core/skbuff.c:208
  alloc_skb include/linux/skbuff.h:1012 [inline]
  netlink_alloc_large_skb net/netlink/af_netlink.c:1182 [inline]
  netlink_sendmsg+0xb82/0x1300 net/netlink/af_netlink.c:1892
  sock_sendmsg_nosec net/socket.c:622 [inline]
  sock_sendmsg net/socket.c:632 [inline]
  ___sys_sendmsg+0xdb9/0x11b0 net/socket.c:2115
  __sys_sendmsg net/socket.c:2153 [inline]
  __do_sys_sendmsg net/socket.c:2162 [inline]
  __se_sys_sendmsg+0x305/0x460 net/socket.c:2160
  __x64_sys_sendmsg+0x4a/0x70 net/socket.c:2160
  do_syscall_64+0xbc/0xf0 arch/x86/entry/common.c:291
  entry_SYSCALL_64_after_hwframe+0x63/0xe7
==================================================================

---
This bug is generated by a bot. It may contain errors.
See https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ for more information about syzbot.
syzbot engineers can be reached at [email-masked].

syzbot will keep track of this bug report. See:
https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ#status for how to communicate with syzbot.
syzbot can test patches for this bug, for details see:
https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ#testing-patches