Subject: bpf test error: KASAN: null-ptr-deref Write in x25_disconnect

From: syzbot <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2020 21:58:13 -0700

Hello,

syzbot found the following crash on:

HEAD commit:    18f02ad1 bpf: Fix sk_psock refcnt leak when receiving mess..
git tree:       bpf
console output: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/log.txt?x=14fc2208100000
kernel config:  https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/.config?x=b7a70e992f2f9b68
dashboard link: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/bug?extid=6b89cf96299c875daf8a
compiler:       gcc (GCC) 9.0.0 20181231 (experimental)

Unfortunately, I don't have any reproducer for this crash yet.

IMPORTANT: if you fix the bug, please add the following tag to the commit:
Reported-by: [email-masked]

can: request_module (can-proto-0) failed.
can: request_module (can-proto-0) failed.
can: request_module (can-proto-0) failed.
==================================================================
BUG: KASAN: null-ptr-deref in atomic_fetch_sub include/asm-generic/atomic-instrumented.h:199 [inline]
BUG: KASAN: null-ptr-deref in refcount_sub_and_test include/linux/refcount.h:266 [inline]
BUG: KASAN: null-ptr-deref in refcount_dec_and_test include/linux/refcount.h:294 [inline]
BUG: KASAN: null-ptr-deref in x25_neigh_put include/net/x25.h:253 [inline]
BUG: KASAN: null-ptr-deref in x25_disconnect+0x253/0x370 net/x25/x25_subr.c:361
Write of size 4 at addr 00000000000000d8 by task syz-fuzzer/7029

CPU: 0 PID: 7029 Comm: syz-fuzzer Not tainted 5.7.0-rc2-syzkaller #0
Hardware name: Google Google Compute Engine/Google Compute Engine, BIOS Google 01/01/2011
Call Trace:
 __dump_stack lib/dump_stack.c:77 [inline]
 dump_stack+0x188/0x20d lib/dump_stack.c:118
 __kasan_report.cold+0x5/0x4d mm/kasan/report.c:515
 kasan_report+0x33/0x50 mm/kasan/common.c:625
 check_memory_region_inline mm/kasan/generic.c:187 [inline]
 check_memory_region+0x141/0x190 mm/kasan/generic.c:193
 atomic_fetch_sub include/asm-generic/atomic-instrumented.h:199 [inline]
 refcount_sub_and_test include/linux/refcount.h:266 [inline]
 refcount_dec_and_test include/linux/refcount.h:294 [inline]
 x25_neigh_put include/net/x25.h:253 [inline]
 x25_disconnect+0x253/0x370 net/x25/x25_subr.c:361
 x25_release+0x345/0x420 net/x25/af_x25.c:665
 __sock_release+0xcd/0x280 net/socket.c:605
 sock_close+0x18/0x20 net/socket.c:1283
 __fput+0x33e/0x880 fs/file_table.c:280
 task_work_run+0xf4/0x1b0 kernel/task_work.c:123
 tracehook_notify_resume include/linux/tracehook.h:188 [inline]
 exit_to_usermode_loop+0x2fa/0x360 arch/x86/entry/common.c:165
 prepare_exit_to_usermode arch/x86/entry/common.c:196 [inline]
 syscall_return_slowpath arch/x86/entry/common.c:279 [inline]
 do_syscall_64+0x6b1/0x7d0 arch/x86/entry/common.c:305
 entry_SYSCALL_64_after_hwframe+0x49/0xb3
RIP: 0033:0x4afb40
Code: 8b 7c 24 10 48 8b 74 24 18 48 8b 54 24 20 49 c7 c2 00 00 00 00 49 c7 c0 00 00 00 00 49 c7 c1 00 00 00 00 48 8b 44 24 08 0f 05 <48> 3d 01 f0 ff ff 76 20 48 c7 44 24 28 ff ff ff ff 48 c7 44 24 30
RSP: 002b:000000c0001d94f8 EFLAGS: 00000216 ORIG_RAX: 0000000000000003
RAX: 0000000000000000 RBX: 000000c00002e500 RCX: 00000000004afb40
RDX: 0000000000000000 RSI: 0000000000000000 RDI: 0000000000000003
RBP: 000000c0001d9538 R08: 0000000000000000 R09: 0000000000000000
R10: 0000000000000000 R11: 0000000000000216 R12: ffffffffffffffff
R13: 0000000000000163 R14: 0000000000000162 R15: 0000000000000200
==================================================================

---
This bug is generated by a bot. It may contain errors.
See https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ for more information about syzbot.
syzbot engineers can be reached at [email-masked].

syzbot will keep track of this bug report. See:
https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ#status for how to communicate with syzbot.