Subject: [syzbot] [bridge?] KMSAN: uninit-value in br_dev_xmit (2)

From: syzbot <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 May 2024 01:04:28 -0700

Hello,

syzbot found the following issue on:

HEAD commit:    dccb07f2914c Merge tag 'for-6.9-rc7-tag' of git://git.kern..
git tree:       upstream
console+strace: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/log.txt?x=10b995a8980000
kernel config:  https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/.config?x=617171361dd3cd47
dashboard link: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/bug?extid=a63a1f6a062033cf0f40
compiler:       Debian clang version 15.0.6, GNU ld (GNU Binutils for Debian) 2.40
syz repro:      https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/repro.syz?x=122a37c0980000
C reproducer:   https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/repro.c?x=111a53c0980000

Downloadable assets:
disk image: https://storage.googleapis.com/syzbot-assets/fdbc7be30633/disk-dccb07f2.raw.xz
vmlinux: https://storage.googleapis.com/syzbot-assets/a9e4c11aa835/vmlinux-dccb07f2.xz
kernel image: https://storage.googleapis.com/syzbot-assets/43c3a343ea93/bzImage-dccb07f2.xz

IMPORTANT: if you fix the issue, please add the following tag to the commit:
Reported-by: [email-masked]

=====================================================
BUG: KMSAN: uninit-value in br_dev_xmit+0x61d/0x1cb0 net/bridge/br_device.c:65
 br_dev_xmit+0x61d/0x1cb0 net/bridge/br_device.c:65
 __netdev_start_xmit include/linux/netdevice.h:4903 [inline]
 netdev_start_xmit include/linux/netdevice.h:4917 [inline]
 xmit_one net/core/dev.c:3531 [inline]
 dev_hard_start_xmit+0x247/0xa20 net/core/dev.c:3547
 __dev_queue_xmit+0x34db/0x5350 net/core/dev.c:4341
 dev_queue_xmit include/linux/netdevice.h:3091 [inline]
 __bpf_tx_skb net/core/filter.c:2136 [inline]
 __bpf_redirect_common net/core/filter.c:2180 [inline]
 __bpf_redirect+0x14a6/0x1620 net/core/filter.c:2187
 ____bpf_clone_redirect net/core/filter.c:2460 [inline]
 bpf_clone_redirect+0x328/0x470 net/core/filter.c:2432
 ___bpf_prog_run+0x13fe/0xe0f0 kernel/bpf/core.c:1997
 __bpf_prog_run512+0xb5/0xe0 kernel/bpf/core.c:2238
 bpf_dispatcher_nop_func include/linux/bpf.h:1234 [inline]
 __bpf_prog_run include/linux/filter.h:657 [inline]
 bpf_prog_run include/linux/filter.h:664 [inline]
 bpf_test_run+0x499/0xc30 net/bpf/test_run.c:425
 bpf_prog_test_run_skb+0x14ea/0x1f20 net/bpf/test_run.c:1058
 bpf_prog_test_run+0x6b7/0xad0 kernel/bpf/syscall.c:4269
 __sys_bpf+0x6aa/0xd90 kernel/bpf/syscall.c:5678
 __do_sys_bpf kernel/bpf/syscall.c:5767 [inline]
 __se_sys_bpf kernel/bpf/syscall.c:5765 [inline]
 __x64_sys_bpf+0xa0/0xe0 kernel/bpf/syscall.c:5765
 x64_sys_call+0x96b/0x3b50 arch/x86/include/generated/asm/syscalls_64.h:322
 do_syscall_x64 arch/x86/entry/common.c:52 [inline]
 do_syscall_64+0xcf/0x1e0 arch/x86/entry/common.c:83
 entry_SYSCALL_64_after_hwframe+0x77/0x7f

Uninit was created at:
 slab_post_alloc_hook mm/slub.c:3810 [inline]
 slab_alloc_node mm/slub.c:3851 [inline]
 kmem_cache_alloc_node+0x622/0xc90 mm/slub.c:3894
 kmalloc_reserve+0x13d/0x4a0 net/core/skbuff.c:577
 pskb_expand_head+0x222/0x19d0 net/core/skbuff.c:2251
 skb_ensure_writable+0x412/0x4a0 net/core/skbuff.c:6117
 __bpf_try_make_writable net/core/filter.c:1665 [inline]
 bpf_try_make_writable net/core/filter.c:1671 [inline]
 bpf_try_make_head_writable net/core/filter.c:1679 [inline]
 ____bpf_clone_redirect net/core/filter.c:2454 [inline]
 bpf_clone_redirect+0x17f/0x470 net/core/filter.c:2432
 ___bpf_prog_run+0x13fe/0xe0f0 kernel/bpf/core.c:1997
 __bpf_prog_run512+0xb5/0xe0 kernel/bpf/core.c:2238
 bpf_dispatcher_nop_func include/linux/bpf.h:1234 [inline]
 __bpf_prog_run include/linux/filter.h:657 [inline]
 bpf_prog_run include/linux/filter.h:664 [inline]
 bpf_test_run+0x499/0xc30 net/bpf/test_run.c:425
 bpf_prog_test_run_skb+0x14ea/0x1f20 net/bpf/test_run.c:1058
 bpf_prog_test_run+0x6b7/0xad0 kernel/bpf/syscall.c:4269
 __sys_bpf+0x6aa/0xd90 kernel/bpf/syscall.c:5678
 __do_sys_bpf kernel/bpf/syscall.c:5767 [inline]
 __se_sys_bpf kernel/bpf/syscall.c:5765 [inline]
 __x64_sys_bpf+0xa0/0xe0 kernel/bpf/syscall.c:5765
 x64_sys_call+0x96b/0x3b50 arch/x86/include/generated/asm/syscalls_64.h:322
 do_syscall_x64 arch/x86/entry/common.c:52 [inline]
 do_syscall_64+0xcf/0x1e0 arch/x86/entry/common.c:83
 entry_SYSCALL_64_after_hwframe+0x77/0x7f

CPU: 0 PID: 5070 Comm: syz-executor183 Not tainted 6.9.0-rc7-syzkaller-00012-gdccb07f2914c #0
Hardware name: Google Google Compute Engine/Google Compute Engine, BIOS Google 03/27/2024
=====================================================

---
This report is generated by a bot. It may contain errors.
See https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ for more information about syzbot.
syzbot engineers can be reached at [email-masked].

syzbot will keep track of this issue. See:
https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ#status for how to communicate with syzbot.

If the report is already addressed, let syzbot know by replying with:
#syz fix: exact-commit-title

If you want syzbot to run the reproducer, reply with:
#syz test: git://repo/address.git branch-or-commit-hash
If you attach or paste a git patch, syzbot will apply it before testing.

If you want to overwrite report's subsystems, reply with:
#syz set subsystems: new-subsystem
(See the list of subsystem names on the web dashboard)

If the report is a duplicate of another one, reply with:
#syz dup: exact-subject-of-another-report

If you want to undo deduplication, reply with:
#syz undup