Subject: [syzbot] WARNING in bpf_test_run

From: syzbot <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Apr 2021 04:29:19 -0700

Hello,

syzbot found the following issue on:

HEAD commit:    36e79851 libbpf: Preserve empty DATASEC BTFs during static..
git tree:       bpf-next
console output: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/log.txt?x=1569bb06d00000
kernel config:  https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/.config?x=7eff0f22b8563a5f
dashboard link: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/bug?extid=774c590240616eaa3423
syz repro:      https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/repro.syz?x=17556b7cd00000
C reproducer:   https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/repro.c?x=1772be26d00000

The issue was bisected to:

commit 997acaf6b4b59c6a9c259740312a69ea549cc684
Author: Mark Rutland <[email-masked]>
Date:   Mon Jan 11 15:37:07 2021 +0000

    lockdep: report broken irq restoration

bisection log:  https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/bisect.txt?x=10197016d00000
final oops:     https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/report.txt?x=12197016d00000
console output: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/log.txt?x=14197016d00000

IMPORTANT: if you fix the issue, please add the following tag to the commit:
Reported-by: [email-masked]
Fixes: 997acaf6b4b5 ("lockdep: report broken irq restoration")

------------[ cut here ]------------
WARNING: CPU: 0 PID: 8725 at include/linux/bpf-cgroup.h:193 bpf_cgroup_storage_set include/linux/bpf-cgroup.h:193 [inline]
WARNING: CPU: 0 PID: 8725 at include/linux/bpf-cgroup.h:193 bpf_test_run+0x65e/0xaa0 net/bpf/test_run.c:109
Modules linked in:
CPU: 0 PID: 8725 Comm: syz-executor927 Not tainted 5.12.0-rc4-syzkaller #0
Hardware name: Google Google Compute Engine/Google Compute Engine, BIOS Google 01/01/2011
RIP: 0010:bpf_cgroup_storage_set include/linux/bpf-cgroup.h:193 [inline]
RIP: 0010:bpf_test_run+0x65e/0xaa0 net/bpf/test_run.c:109
Code: e9 29 fe ff ff e8 b2 9d 3a fa 41 83 c6 01 bf 08 00 00 00 44 89 f6 e8 51 a5 3a fa 41 83 fe 08 0f 85 74 fc ff ff e8 92 9d 3a fa <0f> 0b bd f0 ff ff ff e9 5c fd ff ff e8 81 9d 3a fa 83 c5 01 bf 08
RSP: 0018:ffffc900017bfaf0 EFLAGS: 00010293
RAX: 0000000000000000 RBX: ffffc90000f29000 RCX: 0000000000000000
RDX: ffff88801bc68000 RSI: ffffffff8739543e RDI: 0000000000000003
RBP: 0000000000000007 R08: 0000000000000008 R09: 0000000000000001
R10: ffffffff8739542f R11: 0000000000000000 R12: dffffc0000000000
R13: ffff888021dd54c0 R14: 0000000000000008 R15: 0000000000000000
FS:  00007f00157d7700(0000) GS:ffff8880b9c00000(0000) knlGS:0000000000000000
CS:  0010 DS: 0000 ES: 0000 CR0: 0000000080050033
CR2: 00007f0015795718 CR3: 00000000157ae000 CR4: 00000000001506f0
DR0: 0000000000000000 DR1: 0000000000000000 DR2: 0000000000000000
DR3: 0000000000000000 DR6: 00000000fffe0ff0 DR7: 0000000000000400
Call Trace:
 bpf_prog_test_run_skb+0xabc/0x1c70 net/bpf/test_run.c:628
 bpf_prog_test_run kernel/bpf/syscall.c:3132 [inline]
 __do_sys_bpf+0x218b/0x4f40 kernel/bpf/syscall.c:4411
 do_syscall_64+0x2d/0x70 arch/x86/entry/common.c:46
 entry_SYSCALL_64_after_hwframe+0x44/0xae
RIP: 0033:0x446199
Code: 28 00 00 00 75 05 48 83 c4 28 c3 e8 11 15 00 00 90 48 89 f8 48 89 f7 48 89 d6 48 89 ca 4d 89 c2 4d 89 c8 4c 8b 4c 24 08 0f 05 <48> 3d 01 f0 ff ff 73 01 c3 48 c7 c1 b8 ff ff ff f7 d8 64 89 01 48
RSP: 002b:00007f00157d72f8 EFLAGS: 00000246 ORIG_RAX: 0000000000000141
RAX: ffffffffffffffda RBX: 00000000004cb440 RCX: 0000000000446199
RDX: 0000000000000028 RSI: 0000000020000080 RDI: 000000000000000a
RBP: 000000000049b074 R08: 0000000000000000 R09: 0000000000000000
R10: 0000000000000000 R11: 0000000000000246 R12: f9abde7200f522cd
R13: 3952ddf3af240c07 R14: 1631e0d82d3fa99d R15: 00000000004cb448

---
This report is generated by a bot. It may contain errors.
See https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ for more information about syzbot.
syzbot engineers can be reached at [email-masked].

syzbot will keep track of this issue. See:
https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ#status for how to communicate with syzbot.
For information about bisection process see: https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ#bisection
syzbot can test patches for this issue, for details see:
https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ#testing-patches