Subject: kernel panic: smack: Failed to initialize cipso DOI.

From: syzbot <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2020 06:51:18 -0700

Hello,

syzbot found the following crash on:

HEAD commit:    1b649e0b Merge git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/g..
git tree:       upstream
console output: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/log.txt?x=14957099e00000
kernel config:  https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/.config?x=4ac76c43beddbd9
dashboard link: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/bug?extid=89731ccb6fec15ce1c22
compiler:       clang version 10.0.0 (https://github.com/llvm/llvm-project/ c2443155a0fb245c8f17f2c1c72b6ea391e86e81)
syz repro:      https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/repro.syz?x=1202c375e00000
C reproducer:   https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/repro.c?x=1390bb03e00000

The bug was bisected to:

commit a9d2d53a788a9c5bc8a7d1b4ea7857b68e221357
Author: Ken Cox <[email-masked]>
Date:   Tue Nov 15 19:00:37 2016 +0000

    ixgbe: test for trust in macvlan adjustments for VF

bisection log:  https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/bisect.txt?x=13cb06f3e00000
final crash:    https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/report.txt?x=102b06f3e00000
console output: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/log.txt?x=17cb06f3e00000

IMPORTANT: if you fix the bug, please add the following tag to the commit:
Reported-by: [email-masked]
Fixes: a9d2d53a788a ("ixgbe: test for trust in macvlan adjustments for VF")

RSP: 002b:00007ffebd499a38 EFLAGS: 00000246 ORIG_RAX: 0000000000000001
RAX: ffffffffffffffda RBX: 00007ffebd499a40 RCX: 00000000004404e9
RDX: 0000000000000014 RSI: 0000000020000040 RDI: 0000000000000003
RBP: 0000000000000004 R08: 0000000000000001 R09: 00007ffebd490031
R10: 0000000000000000 R11: 0000000000000246 R12: 0000000000401dd0
R13: 0000000000401e60 R14: 0000000000000000 R15: 0000000000000000
Kernel panic - not syncing: smack:  Failed to initialize cipso DOI.
CPU: 1 PID: 7197 Comm: syz-executor480 Not tainted 5.6.0-rc7-syzkaller #0
Hardware name: Google Google Compute Engine/Google Compute Engine, BIOS Google 01/01/2011
Call Trace:
 __dump_stack lib/dump_stack.c:77 [inline]
 dump_stack+0x1e9/0x30e lib/dump_stack.c:118
 panic+0x264/0x7a0 kernel/panic.c:221
 smk_cipso_doi+0x4d8/0x4e0 security/smack/smackfs.c:698
 smk_write_doi+0x123/0x190 security/smack/smackfs.c:1595
 __vfs_write+0xa7/0x710 fs/read_write.c:494
 vfs_write+0x271/0x570 fs/read_write.c:558
 ksys_write+0x115/0x220 fs/read_write.c:611
 do_syscall_64+0xf3/0x1b0 arch/x86/entry/common.c:294
 entry_SYSCALL_64_after_hwframe+0x49/0xbe
RIP: 0033:0x4404e9
Code: 18 89 d0 c3 66 2e 0f 1f 84 00 00 00 00 00 0f 1f 00 48 89 f8 48 89 f7 48 89 d6 48 89 ca 4d 89 c2 4d 89 c8 4c 8b 4c 24 08 0f 05 <48> 3d 01 f0 ff ff 0f 83 5b 14 fc ff c3 66 2e 0f 1f 84 00 00 00 00
RSP: 002b:00007ffebd499a38 EFLAGS: 00000246 ORIG_RAX: 0000000000000001
RAX: ffffffffffffffda RBX: 00007ffebd499a40 RCX: 00000000004404e9
RDX: 0000000000000014 RSI: 0000000020000040 RDI: 0000000000000003
RBP: 0000000000000004 R08: 0000000000000001 R09: 00007ffebd490031
R10: 0000000000000000 R11: 0000000000000246 R12: 0000000000401dd0
R13: 0000000000401e60 R14: 0000000000000000 R15: 0000000000000000
Kernel Offset: disabled
Rebooting in 86400 seconds..

---
This bug is generated by a bot. It may contain errors.
See https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ for more information about syzbot.
syzbot engineers can be reached at [email-masked].

syzbot will keep track of this bug report. See:
https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ#status for how to communicate with syzbot.
For information about bisection process see: https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ#bisection
syzbot can test patches for this bug, for details see:
https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ#testing-patches