Subject: [syzbot] INFO: trying to register non-static key in nr_release

From: syzbot <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2021 18:47:22 -0800

Hello,

syzbot found the following issue on:

HEAD commit:    ca2ef2d9f2aa Merge tag 'kcsan.2021.11.11a' of git://git.ke..
git tree:       upstream
console output: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/log.txt?x=15860f8ab00000
kernel config:  https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/.config?x=dcce4e862d74e466
dashboard link: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/bug?extid=877d38583024775941be
compiler:       gcc (Debian 10.2.1-6) 10.2.1 20210110, GNU ld (GNU Binutils for Debian) 2.35.2

Unfortunately, I don't have any reproducer for this issue yet.

IMPORTANT: if you fix the issue, please add the following tag to the commit:
Reported-by: [email-masked]

INFO: trying to register non-static key.
The code is fine but needs lockdep annotation, or maybe
you didn't initialize this object before use?
turning off the locking correctness validator.
CPU: 1 PID: 6116 Comm: syz-executor.0 Not tainted 5.15.0-syzkaller #0
Hardware name: Google Google Compute Engine/Google Compute Engine, BIOS Google 01/01/2011
Call Trace:
 <TASK>
 __dump_stack lib/dump_stack.c:88 [inline]
 dump_stack_lvl+0xcd/0x134 lib/dump_stack.c:106
 assign_lock_key kernel/locking/lockdep.c:951 [inline]
 register_lock_class+0xf79/0x10c0 kernel/locking/lockdep.c:1263
 __lock_acquire+0x105/0x54a0 kernel/locking/lockdep.c:4906
 lock_acquire kernel/locking/lockdep.c:5637 [inline]
 lock_acquire+0x1ab/0x510 kernel/locking/lockdep.c:5602
 __raw_write_lock_bh include/linux/rwlock_api_smp.h:201 [inline]
 _raw_write_lock_bh+0x2f/0x40 kernel/locking/spinlock.c:324
 sock_orphan include/net/sock.h:1968 [inline]
 nr_release+0xc2/0x450 net/netrom/af_netrom.c:521
 __sock_release+0xcd/0x280 net/socket.c:649
 sock_close+0x18/0x20 net/socket.c:1314
 __fput+0x286/0x9f0 fs/file_table.c:280
 task_work_run+0xdd/0x1a0 kernel/task_work.c:164
 exit_task_work include/linux/task_work.h:32 [inline]
 do_exit+0xc14/0x2b40 kernel/exit.c:832
 do_group_exit+0x125/0x310 kernel/exit.c:929
 get_signal+0x47d/0x2220 kernel/signal.c:2830
 arch_do_signal_or_restart+0x2a9/0x1c40 arch/x86/kernel/signal.c:868
 handle_signal_work kernel/entry/common.c:148 [inline]
 exit_to_user_mode_loop kernel/entry/common.c:172 [inline]
 exit_to_user_mode_prepare+0x17d/0x290 kernel/entry/common.c:207
 __syscall_exit_to_user_mode_work kernel/entry/common.c:289 [inline]
 syscall_exit_to_user_mode+0x19/0x60 kernel/entry/common.c:300
 do_syscall_64+0x42/0xb0 arch/x86/entry/common.c:86
 entry_SYSCALL_64_after_hwframe+0x44/0xae
RIP: 0033:0x7f53b3d53ae9
Code: Unable to access opcode bytes at RIP 0x7f53b3d53abf.
RSP: 002b:00007f53b1287218 EFLAGS: 00000246 ORIG_RAX: 00000000000000ca
RAX: fffffffffffffe00 RBX: 00007f53b3e670e8 RCX: 00007f53b3d53ae9
RDX: 0000000000000000 RSI: 0000000000000080 RDI: 00007f53b3e670e8
RBP: 00007f53b3e670e0 R08: 0000000000000000 R09: 0000000000000000
R10: 0000000000000000 R11: 0000000000000246 R12: 00007f53b3e670ec
R13: 00007fff58d6162f R14: 00007f53b1287300 R15: 0000000000022000
 </TASK>

---
This report is generated by a bot. It may contain errors.
See https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ for more information about syzbot.
syzbot engineers can be reached at [email-masked].

syzbot will keep track of this issue. See:
https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ#status for how to communicate with syzbot.