Subject: [syzbot] WARNING in ieee80211_mgd_probe_ap_send

From: syzbot <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2022 11:02:20 -0700

Hello,

syzbot found the following issue on:

HEAD commit:    14702b3b2438 Merge tag 'soc-fixes-5.17-4' of git://git.ker..
git tree:       upstream
console output: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/log.txt?x=14d33aeb700000
kernel config:  https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/.config?x=d35f9bc6884af6c9
dashboard link: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/bug?extid=07aa0ff28ef3cc7c3793
compiler:       gcc (Debian 10.2.1-6) 10.2.1 20210110, GNU ld (GNU Binutils for Debian) 2.35.2
userspace arch: i386

Unfortunately, I don't have any reproducer for this issue yet.

IMPORTANT: if you fix the issue, please add the following tag to the commit:
Reported-by: [email-masked]

------------[ cut here ]------------
WARNING: CPU: 0 PID: 1087 at net/mac80211/mlme.c:2563 ieee80211_mgd_probe_ap_send+0x506/0x5d0 net/mac80211/mlme.c:2563
Modules linked in:
CPU: 0 PID: 1087 Comm: kworker/u4:5 Not tainted 5.17.0-rc8-syzkaller-00077-g14702b3b2438 #0
Hardware name: Google Google Compute Engine/Google Compute Engine, BIOS Google 01/01/2011
Workqueue: phy23 ieee80211_beacon_connection_loss_work
RIP: 0010:ieee80211_mgd_probe_ap_send+0x506/0x5d0 net/mac80211/mlme.c:2563
Code: f8 48 c7 c2 60 05 d0 8a be d3 02 00 00 48 c7 c7 c0 05 d0 8a c6 05 60 18 d0 04 01 e8 2d 05 59 00 e9 34 fe ff ff e8 6a 4e c9 f8 <0f> 0b e9 c5 fe ff ff e8 de c7 10 f9 e9 3a fb ff ff 4c 89 e7 e8 e1
RSP: 0018:ffffc90004e07c80 EFLAGS: 00010293
RAX: 0000000000000000 RBX: 0000000000000002 RCX: 0000000000000000
RDX: ffff88801c1fd700 RSI: ffffffff88af71c6 RDI: 0000000000000000
RBP: ffff88801dff0cc0 R08: 0000000000000000 R09: 0000000000000000
R10: 0000000000000001 R11: 0000000000000000 R12: ffff88801dff12d0
R13: ffff88805dc3d0b8 R14: 0000000000000000 R15: 0000000000000001
FS:  0000000000000000(0000) GS:ffff8880b9d00000(0000) knlGS:0000000000000000
CS:  0010 DS: 0000 ES: 0000 CR0: 0000000080050033
CR2: 000055f43a4a93a0 CR3: 0000000061885000 CR4: 00000000003506e0
Call Trace:
 <TASK>
 ieee80211_mgd_probe_ap.part.0+0x30a/0x480 net/mac80211/mlme.c:2653
 ieee80211_mgd_probe_ap net/mac80211/mlme.c:2597 [inline]
 ieee80211_beacon_connection_loss_work+0x147/0x180 net/mac80211/mlme.c:2787
 process_one_work+0x9ac/0x1650 kernel/workqueue.c:2307
 worker_thread+0x657/0x1110 kernel/workqueue.c:2454
 kthread+0x2e9/0x3a0 kernel/kthread.c:377
 ret_from_fork+0x1f/0x30 arch/x86/entry/entry_64.S:295
 </TASK>

---
This report is generated by a bot. It may contain errors.
See https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ for more information about syzbot.
syzbot engineers can be reached at [email-masked].

syzbot will keep track of this issue. See:
https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ#status for how to communicate with syzbot.