Subject: Re: memory leak in bpf

From: syzbot <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Dec 2020 22:58:10 -0800

syzbot has found a reproducer for the following issue on:

HEAD commit:    a68a0262 mm/madvise: remove racy mm ownership check
git tree:       upstream
console output: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/log.txt?x=11facf17500000
kernel config:  https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/.config?x=4305fa9ea70c7a9f
dashboard link: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/bug?extid=f3694595248708227d35
compiler:       gcc (GCC) 10.1.0-syz 20200507
syz repro:      https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/repro.syz?x=159a9613500000
C reproducer:   https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/repro.c?x=11bf7123500000

IMPORTANT: if you fix the issue, please add the following tag to the commit:
Reported-by: [email-masked]

Debian GNU/Linux 9 syzkaller ttyS0
Warning: Permanently added '10.128.0.9' (ECDSA) to the list of known hosts.
executing program
executing program
executing program
BUG: memory leak
unreferenced object 0xffff88810efccc80 (size 64):
  comm "syz-executor334", pid 8460, jiffies 4294945724 (age 13.850s)
  hex dump (first 32 bytes):
    c0 cb 14 04 00 ea ff ff c0 c2 11 04 00 ea ff ff  ................
    c0 56 3f 04 00 ea ff ff 40 18 38 04 00 ea ff ff  .V?.....@.8.....
  backtrace:
    [<0000000036ae98a7>] kmalloc_node include/linux/slab.h:575 [inline]
    [<0000000036ae98a7>] bpf_ringbuf_area_alloc kernel/bpf/ringbuf.c:94 [inline]
    [<0000000036ae98a7>] bpf_ringbuf_alloc kernel/bpf/ringbuf.c:135 [inline]
    [<0000000036ae98a7>] ringbuf_map_alloc kernel/bpf/ringbuf.c:183 [inline]
    [<0000000036ae98a7>] ringbuf_map_alloc+0x1be/0x410 kernel/bpf/ringbuf.c:150
    [<00000000d2cb93ae>] find_and_alloc_map kernel/bpf/syscall.c:122 [inline]
    [<00000000d2cb93ae>] map_create kernel/bpf/syscall.c:825 [inline]
    [<00000000d2cb93ae>] __do_sys_bpf+0x7d0/0x30a0 kernel/bpf/syscall.c:4381
    [<000000008feaf393>] do_syscall_64+0x2d/0x70 arch/x86/entry/common.c:46
    [<00000000e1f53cfd>] entry_SYSCALL_64_after_hwframe+0x44/0xa9