Subject: linux-next test error: WARNING in cfg80211_netdev_notifier_call

From: syzbot <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2021 04:16:20 -0800

Hello,

syzbot found the following issue on:

HEAD commit:    226871e2 Add linux-next specific files for 20210122
git tree:       linux-next
console output: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/log.txt?x=1076afe7500000
kernel config:  https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/.config?x=40930d62519ae2bd
dashboard link: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/bug?extid=8b083f465893fa214377
compiler:       gcc (GCC) 10.1.0-syz 20200507

IMPORTANT: if you fix the issue, please add the following tag to the commit:
Reported-by: [email-masked]

device veth1_macvtap left promiscuous mode
device veth0_macvtap left promiscuous mode
device veth1_vlan left promiscuous mode
device veth0_vlan left promiscuous mode
------------[ cut here ]------------
WARNING: CPU: 0 PID: 270 at net/wireless/core.c:1455 cfg80211_netdev_notifier_call+0xd48/0x1460 net/wireless/core.c:1455
Modules linked in:
CPU: 0 PID: 270 Comm: kworker/u4:7 Not tainted 5.11.0-rc4-next-20210122-syzkaller #0
Hardware name: Google Google Compute Engine/Google Compute Engine, BIOS Google 01/01/2011
Workqueue: netns cleanup_net
RIP: 0010:cfg80211_netdev_notifier_call+0xd48/0x1460 net/wireless/core.c:1455
Code: ce e4 3c f9 49 8d 7d 68 be ff ff ff ff e8 b0 cd c6 00 31 ff 89 c3 89 c6 e8 35 ec 3c f9 85 db 0f 85 64 f9 ff ff e8 a8 e4 3c f9 <0f> 0b e9 58 f9 ff ff e8 9c e4 3c f9 49 8d 7d 68 be ff ff ff ff e8
RSP: 0018:ffffc900016af720 EFLAGS: 00010293
RAX: 0000000000000000 RBX: 0000000000000000 RCX: 0000000000000000
RDX: ffff88801135b800 RSI: ffffffff883638b8 RDI: 0000000000000003
RBP: ffff888035622000 R08: 0000000000000000 R09: ffffffff88362ccd
R10: ffffffff883638ab R11: 0000000000000006 R12: 1ffff920002d5ee9
R13: ffff888144628580 R14: ffff888035630000 R15: 0000000000000002
FS:  0000000000000000(0000) GS:ffff8880b9f00000(0000) knlGS:0000000000000000
CS:  0010 DS: 0000 ES: 0000 CR0: 0000000080050033
CR2: 0000000000a9b158 CR3: 00000000111dc000 CR4: 00000000001506e0
DR0: 0000000000000000 DR1: 0000000000000000 DR2: 0000000000000000
DR3: 0000000000000000 DR6: 00000000fffe0ff0 DR7: 0000000000000400
Call Trace:
 notifier_call_chain+0xb5/0x200 kernel/notifier.c:83
 call_netdevice_notifiers_info+0xb5/0x130 net/core/dev.c:2040
 call_netdevice_notifiers_extack net/core/dev.c:2052 [inline]
 call_netdevice_notifiers net/core/dev.c:2066 [inline]
 unregister_netdevice_many+0x943/0x1750 net/core/dev.c:10704
 default_device_exit_batch+0x2fa/0x3c0 net/core/dev.c:11224
 ops_exit_list+0x10d/0x160 net/core/net_namespace.c:190
 cleanup_net+0x4ea/0xb10 net/core/net_namespace.c:604
 process_one_work+0x98d/0x15f0 kernel/workqueue.c:2275
 worker_thread+0x64c/0x1120 kernel/workqueue.c:2421
 kthread+0x3b1/0x4a0 kernel/kthread.c:292
 ret_from_fork+0x1f/0x30 arch/x86/entry/entry_64.S:296

---
This report is generated by a bot. It may contain errors.
See https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ for more information about syzbot.
syzbot engineers can be reached at [email-masked].

syzbot will keep track of this issue. See:
https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ#status for how to communicate with syzbot.