Subject: [syzbot] WARNING: kmalloc bug in nf_tables_newset

From: syzbot <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 03 Sep 2021 16:50:30 -0700

Hello,

syzbot found the following issue on:

HEAD commit:    a9c9a6f741cd Merge tag 'scsi-misc' of git://git.kernel.org..
git tree:       upstream
console output: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/log.txt?x=119f0915300000
kernel config:  https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/.config?x=7860a0536ececf0c
dashboard link: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/bug?extid=cd43695a64bcd21b8596
compiler:       gcc (Debian 10.2.1-6) 10.2.1 20210110, GNU ld (GNU Binutils for Debian) 2.35.1
syz repro:      https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/repro.syz?x=13281b33300000
C reproducer:   https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/repro.c?x=1077b4b9300000

IMPORTANT: if you fix the issue, please add the following tag to the commit:
Reported-by: [email-masked]

------------[ cut here ]------------
WARNING: CPU: 0 PID: 8421 at mm/util.c:597 kvmalloc_node+0x111/0x120 mm/util.c:597
Modules linked in:
CPU: 1 PID: 8421 Comm: syz-executor968 Not tainted 5.14.0-syzkaller #0
Hardware name: Google Google Compute Engine/Google Compute Engine, BIOS Google 01/01/2011
RIP: 0010:kvmalloc_node+0x111/0x120 mm/util.c:597
Code: 01 00 00 00 4c 89 e7 e8 8d 12 0d 00 49 89 c5 e9 69 ff ff ff e8 f0 21 d1 ff 41 89 ed 41 81 cd 00 20 01 00 eb 95 e8 df 21 d1 ff <0f> 0b e9 4c ff ff ff 0f 1f 84 00 00 00 00 00 55 48 89 fd 53 e8 c6
RSP: 0018:ffffc90006f2f330 EFLAGS: 00010293
RAX: 0000000000000000 RBX: 0000000000000000 RCX: 0000000000000000
RDX: ffff8880259c0000 RSI: ffffffff81a4f621 RDI: 0000000000000003
RBP: 0000000000000dc0 R08: 000000007fffffff R09: 00000000ffffffff
R10: ffffffff81a4f5de R11: 0000000000000000 R12: 0000000400000108
R13: 0000000000000000 R14: 00000000ffffffff R15: dffffc0000000000
FS:  0000000001785300(0000) GS:ffff8880b9c00000(0000) knlGS:0000000000000000
CS:  0010 DS: 0000 ES: 0000 CR0: 0000000080050033
CR2: 00007f6394785000 CR3: 000000001dd56000 CR4: 0000000000350ef0
Call Trace:
 kvmalloc include/linux/mm.h:806 [inline]
 kvzalloc include/linux/mm.h:814 [inline]
 nf_tables_newset+0x1512/0x3340 net/netfilter/nf_tables_api.c:4341
 nfnetlink_rcv_batch+0x1710/0x25f0 net/netfilter/nfnetlink.c:513
 nfnetlink_rcv_skb_batch net/netfilter/nfnetlink.c:634 [inline]
 nfnetlink_rcv+0x3af/0x420 net/netfilter/nfnetlink.c:652
 netlink_unicast_kernel net/netlink/af_netlink.c:1314 [inline]
 netlink_unicast+0x533/0x7d0 net/netlink/af_netlink.c:1340
 netlink_sendmsg+0x86d/0xdb0 net/netlink/af_netlink.c:1929
 sock_sendmsg_nosec net/socket.c:704 [inline]
 sock_sendmsg+0xcf/0x120 net/socket.c:724
 ____sys_sendmsg+0x6e8/0x810 net/socket.c:2409
 ___sys_sendmsg+0xf3/0x170 net/socket.c:2463
 __sys_sendmsg+0xe5/0x1b0 net/socket.c:2492
 do_syscall_x64 arch/x86/entry/common.c:50 [inline]
 do_syscall_64+0x35/0xb0 arch/x86/entry/common.c:80
 entry_SYSCALL_64_after_hwframe+0x44/0xae
RIP: 0033:0x43f189
Code: 28 c3 e8 2a 14 00 00 66 2e 0f 1f 84 00 00 00 00 00 48 89 f8 48 89 f7 48 89 d6 48 89 ca 4d 89 c2 4d 89 c8 4c 8b 4c 24 08 0f 05 <48> 3d 01 f0 ff ff 73 01 c3 48 c7 c1 c0 ff ff ff f7 d8 64 89 01 48
RSP: 002b:00007ffd36aa47e8 EFLAGS: 00000246 ORIG_RAX: 000000000000002e
RAX: ffffffffffffffda RBX: 0000000000400488 RCX: 000000000043f189
RDX: 0000000000000000 RSI: 0000000020000040 RDI: 0000000000000003
RBP: 0000000000403170 R08: 0000000000000a00 R09: 0000000000400488
R10: 0000000000000001 R11: 0000000000000246 R12: 0000000000403200
R13: 0000000000000000 R14: 00000000004ad018 R15: 0000000000400488

---
This report is generated by a bot. It may contain errors.
See https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ for more information about syzbot.
syzbot engineers can be reached at [email-masked].

syzbot will keep track of this issue. See:
https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ#status for how to communicate with syzbot.
syzbot can test patches for this issue, for details see:
https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ#testing-patches