Subject: memory leak in sctp_stream_init_ext

From: syzbot <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 May 2019 07:58:05 -0700

Hello,

syzbot found the following crash on:

HEAD commit:    bec7550c Merge tag 'docs-5.2-fixes2' of git://git.lwn.net/..
git tree:       upstream
console output: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/log.txt?x=152a0916a00000
kernel config:  https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/.config?x=64479170dcaf0e11
dashboard link: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/bug?extid=7f3b6b106be8dcdcdeec
compiler:       gcc (GCC) 9.0.0 20181231 (experimental)
syz repro:      https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/repro.syz?x=1142cd4ca00000
C reproducer:   https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/repro.c?x=10f81d72a00000

IMPORTANT: if you fix the bug, please add the following tag to the commit:
Reported-by: [email-masked]

executing program
executing program
executing program
executing program
executing program
BUG: memory leak
unreferenced object 0xffff8881114f5d80 (size 96):
   comm "syz-executor934", pid 7160, jiffies 4294993058 (age 31.950s)
   hex dump (first 32 bytes):
     00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00  ................
     00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00  ................
   backtrace:
     [<00000000ce7a1326>] kmemleak_alloc_recursive  
include/linux/kmemleak.h:55 [inline]
     [<00000000ce7a1326>] slab_post_alloc_hook mm/slab.h:439 [inline]
     [<00000000ce7a1326>] slab_alloc mm/slab.c:3326 [inline]
     [<00000000ce7a1326>] kmem_cache_alloc_trace+0x13d/0x280 mm/slab.c:3553
     [<000000007abb7ac9>] kmalloc include/linux/slab.h:547 [inline]
     [<000000007abb7ac9>] kzalloc include/linux/slab.h:742 [inline]
     [<000000007abb7ac9>] sctp_stream_init_ext+0x2b/0xa0  
net/sctp/stream.c:157
     [<0000000048ecb9c1>] sctp_sendmsg_to_asoc+0x946/0xa00  
net/sctp/socket.c:1882
     [<000000004483ca2b>] sctp_sendmsg+0x2a8/0x990 net/sctp/socket.c:2102
     [<0000000094bdc32e>] inet_sendmsg+0x64/0x120 net/ipv4/af_inet.c:802
     [<0000000022d1c2a5>] sock_sendmsg_nosec net/socket.c:652 [inline]
     [<0000000022d1c2a5>] sock_sendmsg+0x54/0x70 net/socket.c:671
     [<000000006ab53119>] sock_write_iter+0xb6/0x130 net/socket.c:1000
     [<00000000973772ef>] call_write_iter include/linux/fs.h:1872 [inline]
     [<00000000973772ef>] new_sync_write+0x1ad/0x260 fs/read_write.c:483
     [<0000000033f2491b>] __vfs_write+0x87/0xa0 fs/read_write.c:496
     [<00000000372fbd56>] vfs_write fs/read_write.c:558 [inline]
     [<00000000372fbd56>] vfs_write+0xee/0x210 fs/read_write.c:542
     [<000000007ccb2ea5>] ksys_write+0x7c/0x130 fs/read_write.c:611
     [<000000001c29b8c7>] __do_sys_write fs/read_write.c:623 [inline]
     [<000000001c29b8c7>] __se_sys_write fs/read_write.c:620 [inline]
     [<000000001c29b8c7>] __x64_sys_write+0x1e/0x30 fs/read_write.c:620
     [<0000000014d9243b>] do_syscall_64+0x76/0x1a0  
arch/x86/entry/common.c:301
     [<0000000059f6e9a8>] entry_SYSCALL_64_after_hwframe+0x44/0xa9

BUG: memory leak
unreferenced object 0xffff8881114f5d80 (size 96):
   comm "syz-executor934", pid 7160, jiffies 4294993058 (age 33.160s)
   hex dump (first 32 bytes):
     00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00  ................
     00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00  ................
   backtrace:
     [<00000000ce7a1326>] kmemleak_alloc_recursive  
include/linux/kmemleak.h:55 [inline]
     [<00000000ce7a1326>] slab_post_alloc_hook mm/slab.h:439 [inline]
     [<00000000ce7a1326>] slab_alloc mm/slab.c:3326 [inline]
     [<00000000ce7a1326>] kmem_cache_alloc_trace+0x13d/0x280 mm/slab.c:3553
     [<000000007abb7ac9>] kmalloc include/linux/slab.h:547 [inline]
     [<000000007abb7ac9>] kzalloc include/linux/slab.h:742 [inline]
     [<000000007abb7ac9>] sctp_stream_init_ext+0x2b/0xa0  
net/sctp/stream.c:157
     [<0000000048ecb9c1>] sctp_sendmsg_to_asoc+0x946/0xa00  
net/sctp/socket.c:1882
     [<000000004483ca2b>] sctp_sendmsg+0x2a8/0x990 net/sctp/socket.c:2102
     [<0000000094bdc32e>] inet_sendmsg+0x64/0x120 net/ipv4/af_inet.c:802
     [<0000000022d1c2a5>] sock_sendmsg_nosec net/socket.c:652 [inline]
     [<0000000022d1c2a5>] sock_sendmsg+0x54/0x70 net/socket.c:671
     [<000000006ab53119>] sock_write_iter+0xb6/0x130 net/socket.c:1000
     [<00000000973772ef>] call_write_iter include/linux/fs.h:1872 [inline]
     [<00000000973772ef>] new_sync_write+0x1ad/0x260 fs/read_write.c:483
     [<0000000033f2491b>] __vfs_write+0x87/0xa0 fs/read_write.c:496
     [<00000000372fbd56>] vfs_write fs/read_write.c:558 [inline]
     [<00000000372fbd56>] vfs_write+0xee/0x210 fs/read_write.c:542
     [<000000007ccb2ea5>] ksys_write+0x7c/0x130 fs/read_write.c:611
     [<000000001c29b8c7>] __do_sys_write fs/read_write.c:623 [inline]
     [<000000001c29b8c7>] __se_sys_write fs/read_write.c:620 [inline]
     [<000000001c29b8c7>] __x64_sys_write+0x1e/0x30 fs/read_write.c:620
     [<0000000014d9243b>] do_syscall_64+0x76/0x1a0  
arch/x86/entry/common.c:301
     [<0000000059f6e9a8>] entry_SYSCALL_64_after_hwframe+0x44/0xa9

executing program
executing program
executing program
executing program
executing program
executing program

---
This bug is generated by a bot. It may contain errors.
See https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ for more information about syzbot.
syzbot engineers can be reached at [email-masked].

syzbot will keep track of this bug report. See:
https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ#status for how to communicate with syzbot.
syzbot can test patches for this bug, for details see:
https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ#testing-patches