Subject: WARNING: ODEBUG bug in cancel_delayed_work

From: syzbot <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2020 20:13:23 -0700

Hello,

syzbot found the following issue on:

HEAD commit:    27a2145d ibmvnic: Fix IRQ mapping disposal in error path
git tree:       net
console output: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/log.txt?x=14277848900000
kernel config:  https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/.config?x=ca6448d2af2ba351
dashboard link: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/bug?extid=338f014a98367a08a114
compiler:       gcc (GCC) 10.1.0-syz 20200507
syz repro:      https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/repro.syz?x=168aec04900000
C reproducer:   https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/repro.c?x=11148e5c900000

IMPORTANT: if you fix the issue, please add the following tag to the commit:
Reported-by: [email-masked]

------------[ cut here ]------------
ODEBUG: assert_init not available (active state 0) object type: timer_list hint: 0x0
WARNING: CPU: 0 PID: 6858 at lib/debugobjects.c:485 debug_print_object+0x160/0x250 lib/debugobjects.c:485
Kernel panic - not syncing: panic_on_warn set ...
CPU: 0 PID: 6858 Comm: syz-executor296 Not tainted 5.8.0-rc6-syzkaller #0
Hardware name: Google Google Compute Engine/Google Compute Engine, BIOS Google 01/01/2011
Call Trace:
 __dump_stack lib/dump_stack.c:77 [inline]
 dump_stack+0x18f/0x20d lib/dump_stack.c:118
 panic+0x2e3/0x75c kernel/panic.c:231
 __warn.cold+0x20/0x45 kernel/panic.c:600
 report_bug+0x1bd/0x210 lib/bug.c:198
 handle_bug+0x38/0x90 arch/x86/kernel/traps.c:235
 exc_invalid_op+0x13/0x40 arch/x86/kernel/traps.c:255
 asm_exc_invalid_op+0x12/0x20 arch/x86/include/asm/idtentry.h:540
RIP: 0010:debug_print_object+0x160/0x250 lib/debugobjects.c:485
Code: dd a0 9f 93 88 48 89 fa 48 c1 ea 03 80 3c 02 00 0f 85 bf 00 00 00 48 8b 14 dd a0 9f 93 88 48 c7 c7 00 95 93 88 e8 b2 ae a9 fd <0f> 0b 83 05 db 0b 14 07 01 48 83 c4 20 5b 5d 41 5c 41 5d c3 48 89
RSP: 0018:ffffc9000168f578 EFLAGS: 00010082
RAX: 0000000000000000 RBX: 0000000000000005 RCX: 0000000000000000
RDX: ffff888096dec4c0 RSI: ffffffff815d4ef7 RDI: fffff520002d1ea1
RBP: 0000000000000001 R08: 0000000000000001 R09: ffff8880ae620fcb
R10: 0000000000000000 R11: 0000000000000000 R12: ffffffff89bcc540
R13: ffffffff81630df0 R14: ffff888095382200 R15: 1ffff920002d1eba
 debug_object_assert_init lib/debugobjects.c:870 [inline]
 debug_object_assert_init+0x1f4/0x2e0 lib/debugobjects.c:841
 debug_timer_assert_init kernel/time/timer.c:736 [inline]
 debug_assert_init kernel/time/timer.c:781 [inline]
 del_timer+0x6d/0x110 kernel/time/timer.c:1207
 try_to_grab_pending kernel/workqueue.c:1249 [inline]
 __cancel_work kernel/workqueue.c:3221 [inline]
 cancel_delayed_work+0xe0/0x450 kernel/workqueue.c:3250
 l2cap_clear_timer include/net/bluetooth/l2cap.h:879 [inline]
 l2cap_chan_del+0x541/0x1300 net/bluetooth/l2cap_core.c:661
 l2cap_chan_close+0x118/0xb10 net/bluetooth/l2cap_core.c:824
 l2cap_sock_shutdown+0x3b8/0xe90 net/bluetooth/l2cap_sock.c:1339
 l2cap_sock_release+0x63/0x1d0 net/bluetooth/l2cap_sock.c:1382
 __sock_release+0xcd/0x280 net/socket.c:605
 sock_close+0x18/0x20 net/socket.c:1278
 __fput+0x33c/0x880 fs/file_table.c:281
 task_work_run+0xdd/0x190 kernel/task_work.c:135
 exit_task_work include/linux/task_work.h:25 [inline]
 do_exit+0xb72/0x2a40 kernel/exit.c:805
 do_group_exit+0x125/0x310 kernel/exit.c:903
 get_signal+0x40b/0x1ee0 kernel/signal.c:2743
 do_signal+0x82/0x2520 arch/x86/kernel/signal.c:810
 exit_to_usermode_loop arch/x86/entry/common.c:235 [inline]
 __prepare_exit_to_usermode+0x156/0x1f0 arch/x86/entry/common.c:269
 do_syscall_64+0x6c/0xe0 arch/x86/entry/common.c:393
 entry_SYSCALL_64_after_hwframe+0x44/0xa9
RIP: 0033:0x446d69
Code: Bad RIP value.
RSP: 002b:00007ffc69898b98 EFLAGS: 00000246 ORIG_RAX: 000000000000002a
RAX: fffffffffffffffc RBX: 0000000000000003 RCX: 0000000000446d69
RDX: 000000000000000e RSI: 0000000020000040 RDI: 0000000000000004
RBP: 00007ffc69898bd0 R08: 0000000000000000 R09: 00000000000000ff
R10: 0000000000000004 R11: 0000000000000246 R12: 0000000000000004
R13: 0000000000000000 R14: 0000000000000000 R15: 0000000000000000
Kernel Offset: disabled
Rebooting in 86400 seconds..

---
This report is generated by a bot. It may contain errors.
See https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ for more information about syzbot.
syzbot engineers can be reached at [email-masked].

syzbot will keep track of this issue. See:
https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ#status for how to communicate with syzbot.
syzbot can test patches for this issue, for details see:
https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ#testing-patches