Subject: KASAN: use-after-free Read in bpf_tcp_close (2)

From: syzbot <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2018 01:22:03 -0700

Hello,

syzbot found the following crash on:

HEAD commit:    11f026b4e306 libbpf: Remove the duplicate checking of func..
git tree:       bpf-next
console output: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/log.txt?x=153c55ca400000
kernel config:  https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/.config?x=4c7e83258d6e0156
dashboard link: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/bug?extid=579adfa56843da894bc5
compiler:       gcc (GCC) 8.0.1 20180413 (experimental)

Unfortunately, I don't have any reproducer for this crash yet.

IMPORTANT: if you fix the bug, please add the following tag to the commit:
Reported-by: [email-masked]

==================================================================
BUG: KASAN: use-after-free in atomic_read  
include/asm-generic/atomic-instrumented.h:21 [inline]
BUG: KASAN: use-after-free in virt_spin_lock  
arch/x86/include/asm/qspinlock.h:65 [inline]
BUG: KASAN: use-after-free in native_queued_spin_lock_slowpath+0x189/0x1220  
kernel/locking/qspinlock.c:305
Read of size 4 at addr ffff8801bfd651a0 by task syz-executor1/9753

CPU: 1 PID: 9753 Comm: syz-executor1 Not tainted 4.19.0-rc2+ #89
Hardware name: Google Google Compute Engine/Google Compute Engine, BIOS  
Google 01/01/2011
Call Trace:
  __dump_stack lib/dump_stack.c:77 [inline]
  dump_stack+0x1c9/0x2b4 lib/dump_stack.c:113
  print_address_description+0x6c/0x20b mm/kasan/report.c:256
  kasan_report_error mm/kasan/report.c:354 [inline]
  kasan_report.cold.7+0x242/0x30d mm/kasan/report.c:412
  check_memory_region_inline mm/kasan/kasan.c:260 [inline]
  check_memory_region+0x13e/0x1b0 mm/kasan/kasan.c:267
  kasan_check_read+0x11/0x20 mm/kasan/kasan.c:272
  atomic_read include/asm-generic/atomic-instrumented.h:21 [inline]
  virt_spin_lock arch/x86/include/asm/qspinlock.h:65 [inline]
  native_queued_spin_lock_slowpath+0x189/0x1220  
kernel/locking/qspinlock.c:305
  pv_queued_spin_lock_slowpath arch/x86/include/asm/paravirt.h:679 [inline]
  queued_spin_lock_slowpath arch/x86/include/asm/qspinlock.h:32 [inline]
  queued_spin_lock include/asm-generic/qspinlock.h:88 [inline]
  do_raw_spin_lock+0x1a7/0x200 kernel/locking/spinlock_debug.c:113
  __raw_spin_lock_bh include/linux/spinlock_api_smp.h:136 [inline]
  _raw_spin_lock_bh+0x39/0x40 kernel/locking/spinlock.c:168
  bpf_tcp_close+0x68e/0x10d0 kernel/bpf/sockmap.c:349
  inet_release+0x104/0x1f0 net/ipv4/af_inet.c:428
  inet6_release+0x50/0x70 net/ipv6/af_inet6.c:457
  __sock_release+0xd7/0x250 net/socket.c:579
  sock_close+0x19/0x20 net/socket.c:1139
  __fput+0x38a/0xa40 fs/file_table.c:278
  ____fput+0x15/0x20 fs/file_table.c:309
  task_work_run+0x1e8/0x2a0 kernel/task_work.c:113
  tracehook_notify_resume include/linux/tracehook.h:193 [inline]
  exit_to_usermode_loop+0x318/0x380 arch/x86/entry/common.c:166
  prepare_exit_to_usermode arch/x86/entry/common.c:197 [inline]
  syscall_return_slowpath arch/x86/entry/common.c:268 [inline]
  do_syscall_64+0x6be/0x820 arch/x86/entry/common.c:293
  entry_SYSCALL_64_after_hwframe+0x49/0xbe
RIP: 0033:0x410c51
Code: 75 14 b8 03 00 00 00 0f 05 48 3d 01 f0 ff ff 0f 83 34 19 00 00 c3 48  
83 ec 08 e8 0a fc ff ff 48 89 04 24 b8 03 00 00 00 0f 05 <48> 8b 3c 24 48  
89 c2 e8 53 fc ff ff 48 89 d0 48 83 c4 08 48 3d 01
RSP: 002b:00007ffeacb37d60 EFLAGS: 00000293 ORIG_RAX: 0000000000000003
RAX: 0000000000000000 RBX: 0000000000000008 RCX: 0000000000410c51
RDX: 0000000000000000 RSI: 0000000000731f70 RDI: 0000000000000007
RBP: 0000000000000000 R08: ffffffffffffffff R09: ffffffffffffffff
R10: 00007ffeacb37c90 R11: 0000000000000293 R12: 0000000000000010
R13: 0000000000022aa9 R14: 000000000000004d R15: badc0ffeebadface

Allocated by task 9754:
  save_stack+0x43/0xd0 mm/kasan/kasan.c:448
  set_track mm/kasan/kasan.c:460 [inline]
  kasan_kmalloc+0xc4/0xe0 mm/kasan/kasan.c:553
  kmem_cache_alloc_trace+0x152/0x730 mm/slab.c:3620
  kmalloc include/linux/slab.h:513 [inline]
  kzalloc include/linux/slab.h:707 [inline]
  sock_map_alloc+0x209/0x430 kernel/bpf/sockmap.c:1653
  find_and_alloc_map kernel/bpf/syscall.c:129 [inline]
  map_create+0x3bd/0x1100 kernel/bpf/syscall.c:509
  __do_sys_bpf kernel/bpf/syscall.c:2356 [inline]
  __se_sys_bpf kernel/bpf/syscall.c:2333 [inline]
  __x64_sys_bpf+0x303/0x510 kernel/bpf/syscall.c:2333
  do_syscall_64+0x1b9/0x820 arch/x86/entry/common.c:290
  entry_SYSCALL_64_after_hwframe+0x49/0xbe

Freed by task 13:
  save_stack+0x43/0xd0 mm/kasan/kasan.c:448
  set_track mm/kasan/kasan.c:460 [inline]
  __kasan_slab_free+0x11a/0x170 mm/kasan/kasan.c:521
  kasan_slab_free+0xe/0x10 mm/kasan/kasan.c:528
  __cache_free mm/slab.c:3498 [inline]
  kfree+0xd9/0x210 mm/slab.c:3813
  sock_map_remove_complete kernel/bpf/sockmap.c:1561 [inline]
  sock_map_free+0x428/0x570 kernel/bpf/sockmap.c:1756
  bpf_map_free_deferred+0xba/0xf0 kernel/bpf/syscall.c:290
  process_one_work+0xc73/0x1aa0 kernel/workqueue.c:2153
  worker_thread+0x189/0x13c0 kernel/workqueue.c:2296
  kthread+0x35a/0x420 kernel/kthread.c:246
  ret_from_fork+0x3a/0x50 arch/x86/entry/entry_64.S:413

The buggy address belongs to the object at ffff8801bfd65080
  which belongs to the cache kmalloc-512 of size 512
The buggy address is located 288 bytes inside of
  512-byte region [ffff8801bfd65080, ffff8801bfd65280)
The buggy address belongs to the page:
page:ffffea0006ff5940 count:1 mapcount:0 mapping:ffff8801dac00940  
index:0xffff8801bfd65300
flags: 0x2fffc0000000100(slab)
raw: 02fffc0000000100 ffffea000702a488 ffffea00075c4148 ffff8801dac00940
raw: ffff8801bfd65300 ffff8801bfd65080 0000000100000001 0000000000000000
page dumped because: kasan: bad access detected

Memory state around the buggy address:
  ffff8801bfd65080: fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb
  ffff8801bfd65100: fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb
> ffff8801bfd65180: fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb
                                ^
  ffff8801bfd65200: fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb
  ffff8801bfd65280: fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc
==================================================================

---
This bug is generated by a bot. It may contain errors.
See https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ for more information about syzbot.
syzbot engineers can be reached at [email-masked].

syzbot will keep track of this bug report. See:
https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ#bug-status-tracking for how to communicate with  
syzbot.