Subject: WARNING in drv_bss_info_changed

From: syzbot <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 02 Oct 2020 08:38:18 -0700

Hello,

syzbot found the following issue on:

HEAD commit:    fcadab74 Merge tag 'drm-fixes-2020-10-01-1' of git://anong..
git tree:       upstream
console output: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/log.txt?x=14846d83900000
kernel config:  https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/.config?x=89ab6a0c48f30b49
dashboard link: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/bug?extid=4cf3e4e092f2f4120a52
compiler:       gcc (GCC) 10.1.0-syz 20200507
syz repro:      https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/repro.syz?x=145eb667900000
C reproducer:   https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/repro.c?x=15422c1f900000

IMPORTANT: if you fix the issue, please add the following tag to the commit:
Reported-by: [email-masked]

syz-executor686 uses obsolete (PF_INET,SOCK_PACKET)
------------[ cut here ]------------
wlan0: Failed check-sdata-in-driver check, flags: 0x4
WARNING: CPU: 0 PID: 6917 at net/mac80211/driver-ops.h:172 drv_bss_info_changed+0x560/0x660 net/mac80211/driver-ops.h:172
Kernel panic - not syncing: panic_on_warn set ...
CPU: 1 PID: 6917 Comm: syz-executor686 Not tainted 5.9.0-rc7-syzkaller #0
Hardware name: Google Google Compute Engine/Google Compute Engine, BIOS Google 01/01/2011
Call Trace:
 __dump_stack lib/dump_stack.c:77 [inline]
 dump_stack+0x198/0x1fd lib/dump_stack.c:118
 panic+0x382/0x7fb kernel/panic.c:231
 __warn.cold+0x20/0x4b kernel/panic.c:600
 report_bug+0x1bd/0x210 lib/bug.c:198
 handle_bug+0x38/0x90 arch/x86/kernel/traps.c:234
 exc_invalid_op+0x14/0x40 arch/x86/kernel/traps.c:254
 asm_exc_invalid_op+0x12/0x20 arch/x86/include/asm/idtentry.h:536
RIP: 0010:drv_bss_info_changed+0x560/0x660 net/mac80211/driver-ops.h:172
Code: ab 40 06 00 00 48 85 ed 0f 84 99 00 00 00 e8 a7 3e b8 f9 e8 a2 3e b8 f9 44 89 fa 48 89 ee 48 c7 c7 40 dd 5e 89 e8 12 7c 88 f9 <0f> 0b e9 6b fd ff ff e8 84 3e b8 f9 0f 0b e9 ac fc ff ff e8 38 14
RSP: 0018:ffffc900054875c0 EFLAGS: 00010286
RAX: 0000000000000000 RBX: ffff888088990c00 RCX: 0000000000000000
RDX: ffff8880918184c0 RSI: ffffffff815f59d5 RDI: fffff52000a90eaa
RBP: ffff888088990000 R08: 0000000000000001 R09: ffff8880ae4318e7
R10: 0000000000000000 R11: 0000000000000000 R12: 0000000002000000
R13: ffff888088991e10 R14: 0000000000000000 R15: 0000000000000004
 ieee80211_bss_info_change_notify+0x9a/0xc0 net/mac80211/main.c:210
 ieee80211_set_mcast_rate+0x37/0x40 net/mac80211/cfg.c:2453
 rdev_set_mcast_rate net/wireless/rdev-ops.h:1212 [inline]
 nl80211_set_mcast_rate+0x387/0x6c0 net/wireless/nl80211.c:9911
 genl_family_rcv_msg_doit net/netlink/genetlink.c:669 [inline]
 genl_family_rcv_msg net/netlink/genetlink.c:714 [inline]
 genl_rcv_msg+0x61d/0x980 net/netlink/genetlink.c:731
 netlink_rcv_skb+0x15a/0x430 net/netlink/af_netlink.c:2470
 genl_rcv+0x24/0x40 net/netlink/genetlink.c:742
 netlink_unicast_kernel net/netlink/af_netlink.c:1304 [inline]
 netlink_unicast+0x533/0x7d0 net/netlink/af_netlink.c:1330
 netlink_sendmsg+0x856/0xd90 net/netlink/af_netlink.c:1919
 sock_sendmsg_nosec net/socket.c:651 [inline]
 sock_sendmsg+0xcf/0x120 net/socket.c:671
 ____sys_sendmsg+0x6e8/0x810 net/socket.c:2353
 ___sys_sendmsg+0xf3/0x170 net/socket.c:2407
 __sys_sendmsg+0xe5/0x1b0 net/socket.c:2440
 do_syscall_64+0x2d/0x70 arch/x86/entry/common.c:46
 entry_SYSCALL_64_after_hwframe+0x44/0xa9
RIP: 0033:0x442039
Code: e8 ac 00 03 00 48 83 c4 18 c3 0f 1f 80 00 00 00 00 48 89 f8 48 89 f7 48 89 d6 48 89 ca 4d 89 c2 4d 89 c8 4c 8b 4c 24 08 0f 05 <48> 3d 01 f0 ff ff 0f 83 7b 07 fc ff c3 66 2e 0f 1f 84 00 00 00 00
RSP: 002b:00007ffff85406a8 EFLAGS: 00000246 ORIG_RAX: 000000000000002e
RAX: ffffffffffffffda RBX: 0000000000000003 RCX: 0000000000442039
RDX: 0000000000000000 RSI: 0000000020000180 RDI: 0000000000000005
RBP: 0000000000000000 R08: 0000002000000000 R09: 0000002000000000
R10: 0000000000000000 R11: 0000000000000246 R12: 0000000000000032
R13: 0000000000000000 R14: 000000000000000c R15: 0000000000000004
Kernel Offset: disabled
Rebooting in 86400 seconds..

---
This report is generated by a bot. It may contain errors.
See https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ for more information about syzbot.
syzbot engineers can be reached at [email-masked].

syzbot will keep track of this issue. See:
https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ#status for how to communicate with syzbot.
syzbot can test patches for this issue, for details see:
https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ#testing-patches