Subject: [syzbot] [net?] memory leak in kcm_sendmsg (2)

From: syzbot <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2023 09:19:41 -0700

Hello,

syzbot found the following issue on:

HEAD commit:    18b44bc5a672 ovl: Always reevaluate the file signature for..
git tree:       upstream
console output: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/log.txt?x=15e732c9a80000
kernel config:  https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/.config?x=8f187978508424dc
dashboard link: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/bug?extid=6f98de741f7dbbfc4ccb
compiler:       gcc (Debian 12.2.0-14) 12.2.0, GNU ld (GNU Binutils for Debian) 2.40
syz repro:      https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/repro.syz?x=17d3d94ea80000
C reproducer:   https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/repro.c?x=13de8306a80000

Downloadable assets:
disk image: https://storage.googleapis.com/syzbot-assets/7520f98f6651/disk-18b44bc5.raw.xz
vmlinux: https://storage.googleapis.com/syzbot-assets/f13d09e3480e/vmlinux-18b44bc5.xz
kernel image: https://storage.googleapis.com/syzbot-assets/587382b9a0e6/bzImage-18b44bc5.xz

IMPORTANT: if you fix the issue, please add the following tag to the commit:
Reported-by: [email-masked]

Warning: Permanently added '10.128.0.5' (ED25519) to the list of known hosts.
executing program
executing program
BUG: memory leak
unreferenced object 0xffff88810b088c00 (size 240):
  comm "syz-executor186", pid 5012, jiffies 4294943306 (age 13.680s)
  hex dump (first 32 bytes):
    00 89 08 0b 81 88 ff ff 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00  ................
    00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00  ................
  backtrace:
    [<ffffffff83e5d5ff>] __alloc_skb+0x1ef/0x230 net/core/skbuff.c:634
    [<ffffffff84606e59>] alloc_skb include/linux/skbuff.h:1289 [inline]
    [<ffffffff84606e59>] kcm_sendmsg+0x269/0x1050 net/kcm/kcmsock.c:815
    [<ffffffff83e479c6>] sock_sendmsg_nosec net/socket.c:725 [inline]
    [<ffffffff83e479c6>] sock_sendmsg+0x56/0xb0 net/socket.c:748
    [<ffffffff83e47f55>] ____sys_sendmsg+0x365/0x470 net/socket.c:2494
    [<ffffffff83e4c389>] ___sys_sendmsg+0xc9/0x130 net/socket.c:2548
    [<ffffffff83e4c536>] __sys_sendmsg+0xa6/0x120 net/socket.c:2577
    [<ffffffff84ad7bb8>] do_syscall_x64 arch/x86/entry/common.c:50 [inline]
    [<ffffffff84ad7bb8>] do_syscall_64+0x38/0xb0 arch/x86/entry/common.c:80
    [<ffffffff84c0008b>] entry_SYSCALL_64_after_hwframe+0x63/0xcd

BUG: memory leak
unreferenced object 0xffff88810a2cc000 (size 640):
  comm "syz-executor186", pid 5012, jiffies 4294943306 (age 13.680s)
  hex dump (first 32 bytes):
    00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00  ................
    00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00  ................
  backtrace:
    [<ffffffff83e5a2d1>] kmalloc_reserve+0xe1/0x180 net/core/skbuff.c:559
    [<ffffffff83e5d4e5>] __alloc_skb+0xd5/0x230 net/core/skbuff.c:644
    [<ffffffff84606e59>] alloc_skb include/linux/skbuff.h:1289 [inline]
    [<ffffffff84606e59>] kcm_sendmsg+0x269/0x1050 net/kcm/kcmsock.c:815
    [<ffffffff83e479c6>] sock_sendmsg_nosec net/socket.c:725 [inline]
    [<ffffffff83e479c6>] sock_sendmsg+0x56/0xb0 net/socket.c:748
    [<ffffffff83e47f55>] ____sys_sendmsg+0x365/0x470 net/socket.c:2494
    [<ffffffff83e4c389>] ___sys_sendmsg+0xc9/0x130 net/socket.c:2548
    [<ffffffff83e4c536>] __sys_sendmsg+0xa6/0x120 net/socket.c:2577
    [<ffffffff84ad7bb8>] do_syscall_x64 arch/x86/entry/common.c:50 [inline]
    [<ffffffff84ad7bb8>] do_syscall_64+0x38/0xb0 arch/x86/entry/common.c:80
    [<ffffffff84c0008b>] entry_SYSCALL_64_after_hwframe+0x63/0xcd

---
This report is generated by a bot. It may contain errors.
See https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ for more information about syzbot.
syzbot engineers can be reached at [email-masked].

syzbot will keep track of this issue. See:
https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ#status for how to communicate with syzbot.

If the bug is already fixed, let syzbot know by replying with:
#syz fix: exact-commit-title

If you want syzbot to run the reproducer, reply with:
#syz test: git://repo/address.git branch-or-commit-hash
If you attach or paste a git patch, syzbot will apply it before testing.

If you want to change bug's subsystems, reply with:
#syz set subsystems: new-subsystem
(See the list of subsystem names on the web dashboard)

If the bug is a duplicate of another bug, reply with:
#syz dup: exact-subject-of-another-report

If you want to undo deduplication, reply with:
#syz undup