Subject: RE: Submission for S2io 10GbE driver

From: "Leonid Grossman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 13:16:35 -0800

Hi all,
Attached is the second submission for our 10GbE Adapter.

Many thanks for the input; I believe we have addressed all the comments
to date (I cc everybody who helped us with the comments, to make sure
their concerns have been addressed).

s2io_linux_drv_submission02.tar : Contains the new driver source files
s2io_linux_drv_patches.tar : Contains the patch files that can be
applied on the files we originally submitted.

All the utilities/diagnostics/tuning scripts are removed from the
submission.

Also, couple questions - 

1. At the moment, lspci output looks like
"02:02.0 Ethernet controller: Unknown device 17d5:5831 (rev 02)"; do we
need to submit a patch for drivers/pci/pci.ids?

2. The card fully supports Ethernet and TCP header separation in
hardware (so called receive 3-buffer mode).
The mode may have some performance advantages but so far we did not
implement the mode in Linux since it seems that Linux stack can't handle
the fragmented buffers in the receive path. Is this a correct
assumption, does receive buffer has to be continuous?

Thanks, Leonid