Subject: suspicious RCU usage at net/tipc/bearer.c:LINE

From: syzbot <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2017 10:58:01 -0800

Hello,

syzkaller hit the following crash on  
5aa90a84589282b87666f92b6c3c917c8080a9bf
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/master
compiler: gcc (GCC) 7.1.1 20170620
.config is attached
Raw console output is attached.
C reproducer is attached
syzkaller reproducer is attached. See https://goo.gl/kgGztJ
for information about syzkaller reproducers

IMPORTANT: if you fix the bug, please add the following tag to the commit:
Reported-by: [email-masked]
It will help syzbot understand when the bug is fixed. See footer for  
details.
If you forward the report, please keep this part and the footer.

audit: type=1400 audit(1514679888.244:9): avc:  denied  { write } for   
pid=3194 comm="syzkaller021477" path="socket:[11143]" dev="sockfs"  
ino=11143 scontext=unconfined_u:system_r:insmod_t:s0-s0:c0.c1023  
tcontext=unconfined_u:system_r:insmod_t:s0-s0:c0.c1023  
tclass=netlink_generic_socket permissive=1
=============================
WARNING: suspicious RCU usage
4.15.0-rc5+ #152 Not tainted
-----------------------------
net/tipc/bearer.c:177 suspicious rcu_dereference_protected() usage!

other info that might help us debug this:

rcu_scheduler_active = 2, debug_locks = 1
2 locks held by syzkaller021477/3194:
  #0:  (cb_lock){++++}, at: [<00000000d20133ea>] genl_rcv+0x19/0x40  
net/netlink/genetlink.c:634
  #1:  (genl_mutex){+.+.}, at: [<00000000fcc5d1bc>] genl_lock  
net/netlink/genetlink.c:33 [inline]
  #1:  (genl_mutex){+.+.}, at: [<00000000fcc5d1bc>] genl_rcv_msg+0x115/0x140  
net/netlink/genetlink.c:622

stack backtrace:
CPU: 1 PID: 3194 Comm: syzkaller021477 Not tainted 4.15.0-rc5+ #152
Hardware name: Google Google Compute Engine/Google Compute Engine, BIOS  
Google 01/01/2011
Call Trace:
  __dump_stack lib/dump_stack.c:17 [inline]
  dump_stack+0x194/0x257 lib/dump_stack.c:53
  lockdep_rcu_suspicious+0x123/0x170 kernel/locking/lockdep.c:4585
  tipc_bearer_find+0x2b4/0x3b0 net/tipc/bearer.c:177
  tipc_nl_compat_link_set+0x329/0x9f0 net/tipc/netlink_compat.c:729
  __tipc_nl_compat_doit net/tipc/netlink_compat.c:288 [inline]
  tipc_nl_compat_doit+0x15b/0x660 net/tipc/netlink_compat.c:335
  tipc_nl_compat_handle net/tipc/netlink_compat.c:1119 [inline]
  tipc_nl_compat_recv+0x112f/0x18f0 net/tipc/netlink_compat.c:1201
  genl_family_rcv_msg+0x7b7/0xfb0 net/netlink/genetlink.c:599
  genl_rcv_msg+0xb2/0x140 net/netlink/genetlink.c:624
  netlink_rcv_skb+0x21e/0x460 net/netlink/af_netlink.c:2408
  genl_rcv+0x28/0x40 net/netlink/genetlink.c:635
  netlink_unicast_kernel net/netlink/af_netlink.c:1275 [inline]
  netlink_unicast+0x4e8/0x6f0 net/netlink/af_netlink.c:1301
  netlink_sendmsg+0xa4a/0xe60 net/netlink/af_netlink.c:1864
  sock_sendmsg_nosec net/socket.c:636 [inline]
  sock_sendmsg+0xca/0x110 net/socket.c:646
  sock_write_iter+0x31a/0x5d0 net/socket.c:915
  call_write_iter include/linux/fs.h:1772 [inline]
  new_sync_write fs/read_write.c:469 [inline]
  __vfs_write+0x684/0x970 fs/read_write.c:482
  vfs_write+0x189/0x510 fs/read_write.c:544
  SYSC_write fs/read_write.c:589 [inline]
  SyS_write+0xef/0x220 fs/read_write.c:581
  do_syscall_32_irqs_on arch/x86/entry/common.c:327 [inline]
  do_fast_syscall_32+0x3ee/0xf9d arch/x86/entry/common.c:389
  entry_SYSENTER_compat+0x54/0x63 arch/x86/entry/entry_64_compat.S:129

---
This bug is generated by a dumb bot. It may contain errors.
See https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ for details.
Direct all questions to [email-masked].

syzbot will keep track of this bug report.
If you forgot to add the Reported-by tag, once the fix for this bug is  
merged
into any tree, please reply to this email with:
#syz fix: exact-commit-title
If you want to test a patch for this bug, please reply with:
#syz test: git://repo/address.git branch
and provide the patch inline or as an attachment.
To mark this as a duplicate of another syzbot report, please reply with:
#syz dup: exact-subject-of-another-report
If it's a one-off invalid bug report, please reply with:
#syz invalid
Note: if the crash happens again, it will cause creation of a new bug  
report.
Note: all commands must start from beginning of the line in the email body.