Subject: WARNING in ip_rt_bug

From: syzbot <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 08 Apr 2018 22:59:01 -0700

Hello,

syzbot hit the following crash on net-next commit
8bde261e535257e81087d39ff808414e2f5aa39d (Sun Apr 1 02:31:43 2018 +0000)
Merge tag 'mlx5-updates-2018-03-30' of  
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/saeed/linux
syzbot dashboard link:  
https://syzkaller.appspot.com/bug?extid=b09ac67a2af842b12eab

Unfortunately, I don't have any reproducer for this crash yet.
Raw console output:  
https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/log.txt?id=5991727739437056
Kernel config:  
https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/.config?id=3327544840960562528
compiler: gcc (GCC) 7.1.1 20170620

IMPORTANT: if you fix the bug, please add the following tag to the commit:
Reported-by: [email-masked]
It will help syzbot understand when the bug is fixed. See footer for  
details.
If you forward the report, please keep this part and the footer.

netlink: 'syz-executor6': attribute type 3 has an invalid length.
WARNING: CPU: 0 PID: 11678 at net/ipv4/route.c:1213 ip_rt_bug+0x15/0x20  
net/ipv4/route.c:1212
Kernel panic - not syncing: panic_on_warn set ...

CPU: 0 PID: 11678 Comm: kworker/u4:7 Not tainted 4.16.0-rc6+ #289
Hardware name: Google Google Compute Engine/Google Compute Engine, BIOS  
Google 01/01/2011
Call Trace:
  <IRQ>
  __dump_stack lib/dump_stack.c:17 [inline]
  dump_stack+0x194/0x24d lib/dump_stack.c:53
  panic+0x1e4/0x41c kernel/panic.c:183
  __warn+0x1dc/0x200 kernel/panic.c:547
  report_bug+0x1f4/0x2b0 lib/bug.c:186
  fixup_bug.part.10+0x37/0x80 arch/x86/kernel/traps.c:178
  fixup_bug arch/x86/kernel/traps.c:247 [inline]
  do_error_trap+0x2d7/0x3e0 arch/x86/kernel/traps.c:296
  do_invalid_op+0x1b/0x20 arch/x86/kernel/traps.c:315
  invalid_op+0x1b/0x40 arch/x86/entry/entry_64.S:986
RIP: 0010:ip_rt_bug+0x15/0x20 net/ipv4/route.c:1212
RSP: 0018:ffff8801db007290 EFLAGS: 00010282
RAX: dffffc0000000000 RBX: ffff8801d8dda3c0 RCX: ffffffff856c31ca
RDX: 0000000000000100 RSI: ffffffff8858c300 RDI: 0000000000000282
RBP: ffff8801db007298 R08: 1ffff1003b600de1 R09: 0000000000000000
R10: 0000000000000000 R11: 0000000000000000 R12: ffff8801d8dda3c0
R13: ffff88019bdb2200 R14: ffff88019bdeed80 R15: ffff8801d8dda418
  dst_output include/net/dst.h:444 [inline]
  ip_local_out+0x95/0x160 net/ipv4/ip_output.c:124
  ip_send_skb+0x3c/0xc0 net/ipv4/ip_output.c:1414
  ip_push_pending_frames+0x64/0x80 net/ipv4/ip_output.c:1434
  icmp_push_reply+0x395/0x4f0 net/ipv4/icmp.c:394
  icmp_send+0x1136/0x19b0 net/ipv4/icmp.c:741
  ipv4_link_failure+0x2a/0x1b0 net/ipv4/route.c:1200
  dst_link_failure include/net/dst.h:427 [inline]
  arp_error_report+0xae/0x180 net/ipv4/arp.c:297
  neigh_invalidate+0x225/0x530 net/core/neighbour.c:883
  neigh_timer_handler+0x897/0xd60 net/core/neighbour.c:969
  call_timer_fn+0x228/0x820 kernel/time/timer.c:1326
  expire_timers kernel/time/timer.c:1363 [inline]
  __run_timers+0x7ee/0xb70 kernel/time/timer.c:1666
  run_timer_softirq+0x4c/0x70 kernel/time/timer.c:1692
  __do_softirq+0x2d7/0xb85 kernel/softirq.c:285
  invoke_softirq kernel/softirq.c:365 [inline]
  irq_exit+0x1cc/0x200 kernel/softirq.c:405
  exiting_irq arch/x86/include/asm/apic.h:541 [inline]
  smp_apic_timer_interrupt+0x16b/0x700 arch/x86/kernel/apic/apic.c:1052
  apic_timer_interrupt+0xf/0x20 arch/x86/entry/entry_64.S:857
  </IRQ>
RIP: 0010:arch_local_irq_restore arch/x86/include/asm/paravirt.h:778  
[inline]
RIP: 0010:lock_acquire+0x256/0x580 kernel/locking/lockdep.c:3923
RSP: 0018:ffff880197b3f980 EFLAGS: 00000282 ORIG_RAX: ffffffffffffff12
RAX: dffffc0000000000 RBX: ffff8801d225e400 RCX: 0000000000000000
RDX: 1ffffffff10a24e5 RSI: 00000000b98b8227 RDI: 0000000000000282
RBP: ffff880197b3fa78 R08: 1ffff10032f67e93 R09: 0000000000000004
R10: ffff880197b3f960 R11: 0000000000000003 R12: 1ffff10032f67f36
R13: 0000000000000000 R14: 0000000000000000 R15: 0000000000000001
  down_write_killable+0x8a/0x140 kernel/locking/rwsem.c:84
  __bprm_mm_init fs/exec.c:297 [inline]
  bprm_mm_init fs/exec.c:414 [inline]
  do_execveat_common.isra.30+0xc8e/0x23c0 fs/exec.c:1771
  do_execve+0x31/0x40 fs/exec.c:1847
  call_usermodehelper_exec_async+0x457/0x8f0 kernel/umh.c:100
  ret_from_fork+0x3a/0x50 arch/x86/entry/entry_64.S:406
Dumping ftrace buffer:
    (ftrace buffer empty)
Kernel Offset: disabled
Rebooting in 86400 seconds..

---
This bug is generated by a dumb bot. It may contain errors.
See https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ for details.
Direct all questions to [email-masked].

syzbot will keep track of this bug report.
If you forgot to add the Reported-by tag, once the fix for this bug is  
merged
into any tree, please reply to this email with:
#syz fix: exact-commit-title
To mark this as a duplicate of another syzbot report, please reply with:
#syz dup: exact-subject-of-another-report
If it's a one-off invalid bug report, please reply with:
#syz invalid
Note: if the crash happens again, it will cause creation of a new bug  
report.
Note: all commands must start from beginning of the line in the email body.