Subject: BUG: sleeping function called from invalid context at net/core/sock.c:LINE (3)

From: syzbot <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2018 19:00:04 -0800

Hello,

syzbot hit the following crash on net-next commit
65bd449c32c2745df61913ab54087e77f9d9b70d (Fri Feb 16 20:26:35 2018 +0000)
Merge branch 'tipc-de-generealize-topology-server'

So far this crash happened 25 times on net-next.
C reproducer is attached.
syzkaller reproducer is attached.
Raw console output is attached.
compiler: gcc (GCC) 7.1.1 20170620
.config is attached.

IMPORTANT: if you fix the bug, please add the following tag to the commit:
Reported-by: [email-masked]
It will help syzbot understand when the bug is fixed. See footer for  
details.
If you forward the report, please keep this part and the footer.

IPVS: ftp: loaded support on port[0] = 21
BUG: sleeping function called from invalid context at net/core/sock.c:2769
in_atomic(): 1, irqs_disabled(): 0, pid: 85, name: kworker/u4:3
5 locks held by kworker/u4:3/85:
  #0:  ((wq_completion)"%s""netns"){+.+.}, at: [<00000000c9792deb>]  
process_one_work+0xaaf/0x1af0 kernel/workqueue.c:2084
  #1:  (net_cleanup_work){+.+.}, at: [<00000000adc12e2a>]  
process_one_work+0xb01/0x1af0 kernel/workqueue.c:2088
  #2:  (net_sem){++++}, at: [<000000009ccb5669>] cleanup_net+0x23f/0xd20  
net/core/net_namespace.c:494
  #3:  (net_mutex){+.+.}, at: [<00000000a92767d9>] cleanup_net+0xa7d/0xd20  
net/core/net_namespace.c:496
  #4:  (&(&srv->idr_lock)->rlock){+...}, at: [<000000001343e568>]  
spin_lock_bh include/linux/spinlock.h:315 [inline]
  #4:  (&(&srv->idr_lock)->rlock){+...}, at: [<000000001343e568>]  
tipc_topsrv_stop+0x231/0x610 net/tipc/topsrv.c:685
CPU: 0 PID: 85 Comm: kworker/u4:3 Not tainted 4.16.0-rc1+ #230
Hardware name: Google Google Compute Engine/Google Compute Engine, BIOS  
Google 01/01/2011
Workqueue: netns cleanup_net
Call Trace:
  __dump_stack lib/dump_stack.c:17 [inline]
  dump_stack+0x194/0x257 lib/dump_stack.c:53
  ___might_sleep+0x2b2/0x470 kernel/sched/core.c:6128
  __might_sleep+0x95/0x190 kernel/sched/core.c:6081
  lock_sock_nested+0x37/0x110 net/core/sock.c:2769
  lock_sock include/net/sock.h:1463 [inline]
  tipc_release+0x103/0xff0 net/tipc/socket.c:572
  sock_release+0x8d/0x1e0 net/socket.c:594
  tipc_topsrv_stop+0x3c0/0x610 net/tipc/topsrv.c:696
  tipc_exit_net+0x15/0x40 net/tipc/core.c:96
  ops_exit_list.isra.6+0xae/0x150 net/core/net_namespace.c:148
  cleanup_net+0x6ba/0xd20 net/core/net_namespace.c:529
  process_one_work+0xbbf/0x1af0 kernel/workqueue.c:2113
  worker_thread+0x223/0x1990 kernel/workqueue.c:2247
  kthread+0x33c/0x400 kernel/kthread.c:238
  ret_from_fork+0x3a/0x50 arch/x86/entry/entry_64.S:429
IPVS: ftp: loaded support on port[0] = 21
BUG: sleeping function called from invalid context at net/core/sock.c:2769
in_atomic(): 1, irqs_disabled(): 0, pid: 85, name: kworker/u4:3
5 locks held by kworker/u4:3/85:
  #0:  ((wq_completion)"%s""netns"){+.+.}, at: [<00000000c9792deb>]  
process_one_work+0xaaf/0x1af0 kernel/workqueue.c:2084
  #1:  (net_cleanup_work){+.+.}, at: [<00000000adc12e2a>]  
process_one_work+0xb01/0x1af0 kernel/workqueue.c:2088
  #2:  (net_sem){++++}, at: [<000000009ccb5669>] cleanup_net+0x23f/0xd20  
net/core/net_namespace.c:494
  #3:  (net_mutex){+.+.}, at: [<00000000a92767d9>] cleanup_net+0xa7d/0xd20  
net/core/net_namespace.c:496
  #4:  (&(&srv->idr_lock)->rlock){+...}, at: [<000000001343e568>]  
spin_lock_bh include/linux/spinlock.h:315 [inline]
  #4:  (&(&srv->idr_lock)->rlock){+...}, at: [<000000001343e568>]  
tipc_topsrv_stop+0x231/0x610 net/tipc/topsrv.c:685
CPU: 0 PID: 85 Comm: kworker/u4:3 Tainted: G        W        4.16.0-rc1+  
#230
Hardware name: Google Google Compute Engine/Google Compute Engine, BIOS  
Google 01/01/2011
Workqueue: netns cleanup_net
Call Trace:
  __dump_stack lib/dump_stack.c:17 [inline]
  dump_stack+0x194/0x257 lib/dump_stack.c:53
  ___might_sleep+0x2b2/0x470 kernel/sched/core.c:6128
  __might_sleep+0x95/0x190 kernel/sched/core.c:6081
  lock_sock_nested+0x37/0x110 net/core/sock.c:2769
  lock_sock include/net/sock.h:1463 [inline]
  tipc_release+0x103/0xff0 net/tipc/socket.c:572
  sock_release+0x8d/0x1e0 net/socket.c:594
  tipc_topsrv_stop+0x3c0/0x610 net/tipc/topsrv.c:696
  tipc_exit_net+0x15/0x40 net/tipc/core.c:96
  ops_exit_list.isra.6+0xae/0x150 net/core/net_namespace.c:148
  cleanup_net+0x6ba/0xd20 net/core/net_namespace.c:529
  process_one_work+0xbbf/0x1af0 kernel/workqueue.c:2113
  worker_thread+0x223/0x1990 kernel/workqueue.c:2247
  kthread+0x33c/0x400 kernel/kthread.c:238
  ret_from_fork+0x3a/0x50 arch/x86/entry/entry_64.S:429
IPVS: ftp: loaded support on port[0] = 21
IPVS: ftp: loaded support on port[0] = 21
BUG: sleeping function called from invalid context at net/core/sock.c:2769
in_atomic(): 1, irqs_disabled(): 0, pid: 85, name: kworker/u4:3
5 locks held by kworker/u4:3/85:
  #0:  ((wq_completion)"%s""netns"){+.+.}, at: [<00000000c9792deb>]  
process_one_work+0xaaf/0x1af0 kernel/workqueue.c:2084
  #1:  (net_cleanup_work){+.+.}, at: [<00000000adc12e2a>]  
process_one_work+0xb01/0x1af0 kernel/workqueue.c:2088
  #2:  (net_sem){++++}, at: [<000000009ccb5669>] cleanup_net+0x23f/0xd20  
net/core/net_namespace.c:494
  #3:  (net_mutex){+.+.}, at: [<00000000a92767d9>] cleanup_net+0xa7d/0xd20  
net/core/net_namespace.c:496
  #4:  (&(&srv->idr_lock)->rlock){+...}, at: [<000000001343e568>]  
spin_lock_bh include/linux/spinlock.h:315 [inline]
  #4:  (&(&srv->idr_lock)->rlock){+...}, at: [<000000001343e568>]  
tipc_topsrv_stop+0x231/0x610 net/tipc/topsrv.c:685
CPU: 0 PID: 85 Comm: kworker/u4:3 Tainted: G        W        4.16.0-rc1+  
#230
Hardware name: Google Google Compute Engine/Google Compute Engine, BIOS  
Google 01/01/2011
Workqueue: netns cleanup_net
Call Trace:
  __dump_stack lib/dump_stack.c:17 [inline]
  dump_stack+0x194/0x257 lib/dump_stack.c:53
  ___might_sleep+0x2b2/0x470 kernel/sched/core.c:6128
  __might_sleep+0x95/0x190 kernel/sched/core.c:6081
  lock_sock_nested+0x37/0x110 net/core/sock.c:2769
  lock_sock include/net/sock.h:1463 [inline]
  tipc_release+0x103/0xff0 net/tipc/socket.c:572
  sock_release+0x8d/0x1e0 net/socket.c:594
  tipc_topsrv_stop+0x3c0/0x610 net/tipc/topsrv.c:696
  tipc_exit_net+0x15/0x40 net/tipc/core.c:96
  ops_exit_list.isra.6+0xae/0x150 net/core/net_namespace.c:148
  cleanup_net+0x6ba/0xd20 net/core/net_namespace.c:529
  process_one_work+0xbbf/0x1af0 kernel/workqueue.c:2113
  worker_thread+0x223/0x1990 kernel/workqueue.c:2247
  kthread+0x33c/0x400 kernel/kthread.c:238
  ret_from_fork+0x3a/0x50 arch/x86/entry/entry_64.S:429
IPVS: ftp: loaded support on port[0] = 21
BUG: sleeping function called from invalid context at net/core/sock.c:2769
in_atomic(): 1, irqs_disabled(): 0, pid: 85, name: kworker/u4:3
5 locks held by kworker/u4:3/85:
  #0:  ((wq_completion)"%s""netns"){+.+.}, at: [<00000000c9792deb>]  
process_one_work+0xaaf/0x1af0 kernel/workqueue.c:2084
  #1:  (net_cleanup_work){+.+.}, at: [<00000000adc12e2a>]  
process_one_work+0xb01/0x1af0 kernel/workqueue.c:2088
  #2:  (net_sem){++++}, at: [<000000009ccb5669>] cleanup_net+0x23f/0xd20  
net/core/net_namespace.c:494
  #3:  (net_mutex){+.+.}, at: [<00000000a92767d9>] cleanup_net+0xa7d/0xd20  
net/core/net_namespace.c:496
  #4:  (&(&srv->idr_lock)->rlock){+...}, at: [<000000001343e568>]  
spin_lock_bh include/linux/spinlock.h:315 [inline]
  #4:  (&(&srv->idr_lock)->rlock){+...}, at: [<000000001343e568>]  
tipc_topsrv_stop+0x231/0x610 net/tipc/topsrv.c:685
CPU: 1 PID: 85 Comm: kworker/u4:3 Tainted: G        W        4.16.0-rc1+  
#230
Hardware name: Google Google Compute Engine/Google Compute Engine, BIOS  
Google 01/01/2011
Workqueue: netns cleanup_net
Call Trace:
  __dump_stack lib/dump_stack.c:17 [inline]
  dump_stack+0x194/0x257 lib/dump_stack.c:53
  ___might_sleep+0x2b2/0x470 kernel/sched/core.c:6128
  __might_sleep+0x95/0x190 kernel/sched/core.c:6081
  lock_sock_nested+0x37/0x110 net/core/sock.c:2769
  lock_sock include/net/sock.h:1463 [inline]
  tipc_release+0x103/0xff0 net/tipc/socket.c:572
  sock_release+0x8d/0x1e0 net/socket.c:594
  tipc_topsrv_stop+0x3c0/0x610 net/tipc/topsrv.c:696
  tipc_exit_net+0x15/0x40 net/tipc/core.c:96
  ops_exit_list.isra.6+0xae/0x150 net/core/net_namespace.c:148
  cleanup_net+0x6ba/0xd20 net/core/net_namespace.c:529
  process_one_work+0xbbf/0x1af0 kernel/workqueue.c:2113
  worker_thread+0x223/0x1990 kernel/workqueue.c:2247
  kthread+0x33c/0x400 kernel/kthread.c:238
  ret_from_fork+0x3a/0x50 arch/x86/entry/entry_64.S:429
IPVS: ftp: loaded support on port[0] = 21
IPVS: ftp: loaded support on port[0] = 21
IPVS: ftp: loaded support on port[0] = 21
BUG: sleeping function called from invalid context at net/core/sock.c:2769
in_atomic(): 1, irqs_disabled(): 0, pid: 85, name: kworker/u4:3
5 locks held by kworker/u4:3/85:
  #0:  ((wq_completion)"%s""netns"){+.+.}, at: [<00000000c9792deb>]  
process_one_work+0xaaf/0x1af0 kernel/workqueue.c:2084
  #1:  (net_cleanup_work){+.+.}, at: [<00000000adc12e2a>]  
process_one_work+0xb01/0x1af0 kernel/workqueue.c:2088
  #2:  (net_sem){++++}, at: [<000000009ccb5669>] cleanup_net+0x23f/0xd20  
net/core/net_namespace.c:494
  #3:  (net_mutex){+.+.}, at: [<00000000a92767d9>] cleanup_net+0xa7d/0xd20  
net/core/net_namespace.c:496
  #4:  (&(&srv->idr_lock)->rlock){+...}, at: [<000000001343e568>]  
spin_lock_bh include/linux/spinlock.h:315 [inline]
  #4:  (&(&srv->idr_lock)->rlock){+...}, at: [<000000001343e568>]  
tipc_topsrv_stop+0x231/0x610 net/tipc/topsrv.c:685
CPU: 0 PID: 85 Comm: kworker/u4:3 Tainted: G        W        4.16.0-rc1+  
#230
Hardware name: Google Google Compute Engine/Google Compute Engine, BIOS  
Google 01/01/2011
Workqueue: netns cleanup_net
Call Trace:
  __dump_stack lib/dump_stack.c:17 [inline]
  dump_stack+0x194/0x257 lib/dump_stack.c:53
  ___might_sleep+0x2b2/0x470 kernel/sched/core.c:6128
  __might_sleep+0x95/0x190 kernel/sched/core.c:6081
  lock_sock_nested+0x37/0x110 net/core/sock.c:2769
  lock_sock include/net/sock.h:1463 [inline]
  tipc_release+0x103/0xff0 net/tipc/socket.c:572
  sock_release+0x8d/0x1e0 net/socket.c:594
  tipc_topsrv_stop+0x3c0/0x610 net/tipc/topsrv.c:696
  tipc_exit_net+0x15/0x40 net/tipc/core.c:96
  ops_exit_list.isra.6+0xae/0x150 net/core/net_namespace.c:148
  cleanup_net+0x6ba/0xd20 net/core/net_namespace.c:529
  process_one_work+0xbbf/0x1af0 kernel/workqueue.c:2113
  worker_thread+0x223/0x1990 kernel/workqueue.c:2247
  kthread+0x33c/0x400 kernel/kthread.c:238
  ret_from_fork+0x3a/0x50 arch/x86/entry/entry_64.S:429
IPVS: ftp: loaded support on port[0] = 21
BUG: sleeping function called from invalid context at net/core/sock.c:2769
in_atomic(): 1, irqs_disabled(): 0, pid: 85, name: kworker/u4:3
5 locks held by kworker/u4:3/85:
  #0:  ((wq_completion)"%s""netns"){+.+.}, at: [<00000000c9792deb>]  
process_one_work+0xaaf/0x1af0 kernel/workqueue.c:2084
  #1:  (net_cleanup_work){+.+.}, at: [<00000000adc12e2a>]  
process_one_work+0xb01/0x1af0 kernel/workqueue.c:2088
  #2:  (net_sem){++++}, at: [<000000009ccb5669>] cleanup_net+0x23f/0xd20  
net/core/net_namespace.c:494
  #3:  (net_mutex){+.+.}, at: [<00000000a92767d9>] cleanup_net+0xa7d/0xd20  
net/core/net_namespace.c:496
  #4:  (&(&srv->idr_lock)->rlock){+...}, at: [<000000001343e568>]  
spin_lock_bh include/linux/spinlock.h:315 [inline]
  #4:  (&(&srv->idr_lock)->rlock){+...}, at: [<000000001343e568>]  
tipc_topsrv_stop+0x231/0x610 net/tipc/topsrv.c:685
CPU: 0 PID: 85 Comm: kworker/u4:3 Tainted: G        W        4.16.0-rc1+  
#230
Hardware name: Google Google Compute Engine/Google Compute Engine, BIOS  
Google 01/01/2011
Workqueue: netns cleanup_net
Call Trace:
  __dump_stack lib/dump_stack.c:17 [inline]
  dump_stack+0x194/0x257 lib/dump_stack.c:53
  ___might_sleep+0x2b2/0x470 kernel/sched/core.c:6128
  __might_sleep+0x95/0x190 kernel/sched/core.c:6081
  lock_sock_nested+0x37/0x110 net/core/sock.c:2769
  lock_sock include/net/sock.h:1463 [inline]
  tipc_release+0x103/0xff0 net/tipc/socket.c:572
  sock_release+0x8d/0x1e0 net/socket.c:594
  tipc_topsrv_stop+0x3c0/0x610 net/tipc/topsrv.c:696
  tipc_exit_net+0x15/0x40 net/tipc/core.c:96
  ops_exit_list.isra.6+0xae/0x150 net/core/net_namespace.c:148
  cleanup_net+0x6ba/0xd20 net/core/net_namespace.c:529
  process_one_work+0xbbf/0x1af0 kernel/workqueue.c:2113
  worker_thread+0x223/0x1990 kernel/workqueue.c:2247
  kthread+0x33c/0x400 kernel/kthread.c:238
  ret_from_fork+0x3a/0x50 arch/x86/entry/entry_64.S:429
IPVS: ftp: loaded support on port[0] = 21
IPVS: ftp: loaded support on port[0] = 21
IPVS: ftp: loaded support on port[0] = 21
IPVS: ftp: loaded support on port[0] = 21
BUG: sleeping function called from invalid context at net/core/sock.c:2769
in_atomic(): 1, irqs_disabled(): 0, pid: 85, name: kworker/u4:3
5 locks held by kworker/u4:3/85:
  #0:  ((wq_completion)"%s""netns"){+.+.}, at: [<00000000c9792deb>]  
process_one_work+0xaaf/0x1af0 kernel/workqueue.c:2084
  #1:  (net_cleanup_work){+.+.}, at: [<00000000adc12e2a>]  
process_one_work+0xb01/0x1af0 kernel/workqueue.c:2088
  #2:  (net_sem){++++}, at: [<000000009ccb5669>] cleanup_net+0x23f/0xd20  
net/core/net_namespace.c:494
  #3:  (net_mutex){+.+.}, at: [<00000000a92767d9>] cleanup_net+0xa7d/0xd20  
net/core/net_namespace.c:496
  #4:  (&(&srv->idr_lock)->rlock){+...}, at: [<000000001343e568>]  
spin_lock_bh include/linux/spinlock.h:315 [inline]
  #4:  (&(&srv->idr_lock)->rlock){+...}, at: [<000000001343e568>]  
tipc_topsrv_stop+0x231/0x610 net/tipc/topsrv.c:685
CPU: 0 PID: 85 Comm: kworker/u4:3 Tainted: G        W        4.16.0-rc1+  
#230
Hardware name: Google Google Compute Engine/Google Compute Engine, BIOS  
Google 01/01/2011
Workqueue: netns cleanup_net
Call Trace:
  __dump_stack lib/dump_stack.c:17 [inline]
  dump_stack+0x194/0x257 lib/dump_stack.c:53
  ___might_sleep+0x2b2/0x470 kernel/sched/core.c:6128
  __might_sleep+0x95/0x190 kernel/sched/core.c:6081
  lock_sock_nested+0x37/0x110 net/core/sock.c:2769
  lock_sock include/net/sock.h:1463 [inline]
  tipc_release+0x103/0xff0 net/tipc/socket.c:572
  sock_release+0x8d/0x1e0 net/socket.c:594
  tipc_topsrv_stop+0x3c0/0x610 net/tipc/topsrv.c:696
  tipc_exit_net+0x15/0x40 net/tipc/core.c:96
  ops_exit_list.isra.6+0xae/0x150 net/core/net_namespace.c:148
  cleanup_net+0x6ba/0xd20 net/core/net_namespace.c:529
  process_one_work+0xbbf/0x1af0 kernel/workqueue.c:2113
  worker_thread+0x223/0x1990 kernel/workqueue.c:2247
  kthread+0x33c/0x400 kernel/kthread.c:238
  ret_from_fork+0x3a/0x50 arch/x86/entry/entry_64.S:429
IPVS: ftp: loaded support on port[0] = 21
BUG: sleeping function called from invalid context at net/core/sock.c:2769
in_atomic(): 1, irqs_disabled(): 0, pid: 85, name: kworker/u4:3
5 locks held by kworker/u4:3/85:
  #0:  ((wq_completion)"%s""netns"){+.+.}, at: [<00000000c9792deb>]  
process_one_work+0xaaf/0x1af0 kernel/workqueue.c:2084
  #1:  (net_cleanup_work){+.+.}, at: [<00000000adc12e2a>]  
process_one_work+0xb01/0x1af0 kernel/workqueue.c:2088
  #2:  (net_sem){++++}, at: [<000000009ccb5669>] cleanup_net+0x23f/0xd20  
net/core/net_namespace.c:494
  #3:  (net_mutex){+.+.}, at: [<00000000a92767d9>] cleanup_net+0xa7d/0xd20  
net/core/net_namespace.c:496
  #4:  (&(&srv->idr_lock)->rlock){+...}, at: [<000000001343e568>]  
spin_lock_bh include/linux/spinlock.h:315 [inline]
  #4:  (&(&srv->idr_lock)->rlock){+...}, at: [<000000001343e568>]  
tipc_topsrv_stop+0x231/0x610 net/tipc/topsrv.c:685
CPU: 0 PID: 85 Comm: kworker/u4:3 Tainted: G        W        4.16.0-rc1+  
#230
Hardware name: Google Google Compute Engine/Google Compute Engine, BIOS  
Google 01/01/2011
Workqueue: netns cleanup_net
Call Trace:
  __dump_stack lib/dump_stack.c:17 [inline]
  dump_stack+0x194/0x257 lib/dump_stack.c:53
  ___might_sleep+0x2b2/0x470 kernel/sched/core.c:6128
  __might_sleep+0x95/0x190 kernel/sched/core.c:6081
  lock_sock_nested+0x37/0x110 net/core/sock.c:2769
  lock_sock include/net/sock.h:1463 [inline]
  tipc_release+0x103/0xff0 net/tipc/socket.c:572
  sock_release+0x8d/0x1e0 net/socket.c:594
  tipc_topsrv_stop+0x3c0/0x610 net/tipc/topsrv.c:696
  tipc_exit_net+0x15/0x40 net/tipc/core.c:96
  ops_exit_list.isra.6+0xae/0x150 net/core/net_namespace.c:148
  cleanup_net+0x6ba/0xd20 net/core/net_namespace.c:529
  process_one_work+0xbbf/0x1af0 kernel/workqueue.c:2113
  worker_thread+0x223/0x1990 kernel/workqueue.c:2247
  kthread+0x33c/0x400 kernel/kthread.c:238
  ret_from_fork+0x3a/0x50 arch/x86/entry/entry_64.S:429

---
This bug is generated by a dumb bot. It may contain errors.
See https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ for details.
Direct all questions to [email-masked].

syzbot will keep track of this bug report.
If you forgot to add the Reported-by tag, once the fix for this bug is  
merged
into any tree, please reply to this email with:
#syz fix: exact-commit-title
If you want to test a patch for this bug, please reply with:
#syz test: git://repo/address.git branch
and provide the patch inline or as an attachment.
To mark this as a duplicate of another syzbot report, please reply with:
#syz dup: exact-subject-of-another-report
If it's a one-off invalid bug report, please reply with:
#syz invalid
Note: if the crash happens again, it will cause creation of a new bug  
report.
Note: all commands must start from beginning of the line in the email body.