Subject: KASAN: use-after-free Write in array_map_update_elem

From: syzbot <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2018 06:58:02 -0800

Hello,

syzkaller hit the following crash on  
8418f88764046d0e8ca6a3c04a69a0e57189aa1e
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/next/linux-next.git/master
compiler: gcc (GCC) 7.1.1 20170620
.config is attached
Raw console output is attached.
C reproducer is attached
syzkaller reproducer is attached. See https://goo.gl/kgGztJ
for information about syzkaller reproducers

IMPORTANT: if you fix the bug, please add the following tag to the commit:
Reported-by: [email-masked]
It will help syzbot understand when the bug is fixed. See footer for  
details.
If you forward the report, please keep this part and the footer.

audit: type=1400 audit(1515680378.393:8): avc:  denied  { sys_admin } for   
pid=3508 comm="syzkaller203412" capability=21   
scontext=unconfined_u:system_r:insmod_t:s0-s0:c0.c1023  
tcontext=unconfined_u:system_r:insmod_t:s0-s0:c0.c1023 tclass=cap_userns  
permissive=1
audit: type=1400 audit(1515680378.446:9): avc:  denied  { sys_chroot } for   
pid=3509 comm="syzkaller203412" capability=18   
scontext=unconfined_u:system_r:insmod_t:s0-s0:c0.c1023  
tcontext=unconfined_u:system_r:insmod_t:s0-s0:c0.c1023 tclass=cap_userns  
permissive=1
==================================================================
BUG: KASAN: use-after-free in memcpy include/linux/string.h:344 [inline]
BUG: KASAN: use-after-free in array_map_update_elem+0x197/0x240  
kernel/bpf/arraymap.c:249
Write of size 1 at addr ffff8801cb125bc0 by task syzkaller203412/3509

CPU: 1 PID: 3509 Comm: syzkaller203412 Not tainted  
4.15.0-rc7-next-20180111+ #94
Hardware name: Google Google Compute Engine/Google Compute Engine, BIOS  
Google 01/01/2011
Call Trace:
  __dump_stack lib/dump_stack.c:17 [inline]
  dump_stack+0x194/0x257 lib/dump_stack.c:53
  print_address_description+0x73/0x250 mm/kasan/report.c:256
  kasan_report_error mm/kasan/report.c:354 [inline]
  kasan_report+0x23b/0x360 mm/kasan/report.c:412
  check_memory_region_inline mm/kasan/kasan.c:260 [inline]
  check_memory_region+0x137/0x190 mm/kasan/kasan.c:267
  memcpy+0x37/0x50 mm/kasan/kasan.c:303
  memcpy include/linux/string.h:344 [inline]
  array_map_update_elem+0x197/0x240 kernel/bpf/arraymap.c:249
  map_update_elem kernel/bpf/syscall.c:687 [inline]
  SYSC_bpf kernel/bpf/syscall.c:1811 [inline]
  SyS_bpf+0x32df/0x4400 kernel/bpf/syscall.c:1782
  entry_SYSCALL_64_fastpath+0x29/0xa0
RIP: 0033:0x440ac9
RSP: 002b:00000000007dff68 EFLAGS: 00000203 ORIG_RAX: 0000000000000141
RAX: ffffffffffffffda RBX: 00007ffe6a583b10 RCX: 0000000000440ac9
RDX: 0000000000000020 RSI: 0000000020eaf000 RDI: 0000000000000002
RBP: 0000000000000000 R08: 0000000000000000 R09: 0000000000000000
R10: 0000000000000000 R11: 0000000000000203 R12: 00000000004022a0
R13: 0000000000402330 R14: 0000000000000000 R15: 0000000000000000

Allocated by task 3071:
  save_stack+0x43/0xd0 mm/kasan/kasan.c:447
  set_track mm/kasan/kasan.c:459 [inline]
  kasan_kmalloc+0xad/0xe0 mm/kasan/kasan.c:552
  kasan_slab_alloc+0x12/0x20 mm/kasan/kasan.c:489
  kmem_cache_alloc+0x12e/0x760 mm/slab.c:3541
  getname_flags+0xcb/0x580 fs/namei.c:138
  user_path_at_empty+0x2d/0x50 fs/namei.c:2587
  user_path_at include/linux/namei.h:57 [inline]
  SYSC_faccessat fs/open.c:384 [inline]
  SyS_faccessat fs/open.c:353 [inline]
  SYSC_access fs/open.c:431 [inline]
  SyS_access+0x22c/0x6a0 fs/open.c:429
  entry_SYSCALL_64_fastpath+0x29/0xa0

Freed by task 3071:
  save_stack+0x43/0xd0 mm/kasan/kasan.c:447
  set_track mm/kasan/kasan.c:459 [inline]
  __kasan_slab_free+0x11a/0x170 mm/kasan/kasan.c:520
  kasan_slab_free+0xe/0x10 mm/kasan/kasan.c:527
  __cache_free mm/slab.c:3485 [inline]
  kmem_cache_free+0x86/0x2b0 mm/slab.c:3743
  putname+0xee/0x130 fs/namei.c:258
  filename_lookup+0x315/0x500 fs/namei.c:2342
  user_path_at_empty+0x40/0x50 fs/namei.c:2587
  user_path_at include/linux/namei.h:57 [inline]
  SYSC_faccessat fs/open.c:384 [inline]
  SyS_faccessat fs/open.c:353 [inline]
  SYSC_access fs/open.c:431 [inline]
  SyS_access+0x22c/0x6a0 fs/open.c:429
  entry_SYSCALL_64_fastpath+0x29/0xa0

The buggy address belongs to the object at ffff8801cb124e40
  which belongs to the cache names_cache of size 4096
The buggy address is located 3456 bytes inside of
  4096-byte region [ffff8801cb124e40, ffff8801cb125e40)
The buggy address belongs to the page:
page:ffffea00072c4900 count:1 mapcount:0 mapping:ffff8801cb124e40 index:0x0  
compound_mapcount: 0
flags: 0x2fffc0000008100(slab|head)
raw: 02fffc0000008100 ffff8801cb124e40 0000000000000000 0000000100000001
raw: ffffea000729bc20 ffffea000729bca0 ffff8801dae30600 0000000000000000
page dumped because: kasan: bad access detected

Memory state around the buggy address:
  ffff8801cb125a80: fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb
  ffff8801cb125b00: fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb
> ffff8801cb125b80: fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb
                                            ^
  ffff8801cb125c00: fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb
  ffff8801cb125c80: fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb
==================================================================

---
This bug is generated by a dumb bot. It may contain errors.
See https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ for details.
Direct all questions to [email-masked].

syzbot will keep track of this bug report.
If you forgot to add the Reported-by tag, once the fix for this bug is  
merged
into any tree, please reply to this email with:
#syz fix: exact-commit-title
If you want to test a patch for this bug, please reply with:
#syz test: git://repo/address.git branch
and provide the patch inline or as an attachment.
To mark this as a duplicate of another syzbot report, please reply with:
#syz dup: exact-subject-of-another-report
If it's a one-off invalid bug report, please reply with:
#syz invalid
Note: if the crash happens again, it will cause creation of a new bug  
report.
Note: all commands must start from beginning of the line in the email body.