Subject: [PATCH 2.6.9-rc2 4/8] S2io: hardware fixes

From: "Ravinandan Arakali" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2004 16:30:23 -0700

Hi,
Following are the code changes addressing the hardware errata in user guide.

1. Xena3's with a set of subsystem IDs had Link LED problems, fixed that
specifically for them.
2. To write into the Keyed Mac_Cfg register to enable broadcast, writing two
32 bit writes into it along with a write to the key register rather than a
single write to key and a 64 bit write to mac_cfg. This is necessary on 32
bit systems where a writeq(64 bit write) is actually two writel (32 bit
writes).
3. Writes to some special registers mentioned in UG is being done by a
special macro which defines which 32 bits of the 64 bit register is to be
written first. Again this applies only on 32 bit systems.
4. Configured pause frame related water marks and a shared_split value which
describes the Max TXDMA related split transaction that can be used without
giving room for the Rx transactions.
5. The mac_rmac_err_reg R1 register will be cleared in  the interrupt
handler itself rather than in the scheduled task as was being done
previously.
6. Even on PCC_FB_ECC error the card will be reset by disabling adapter
enable bit.

Thanks,
Ravi