Subject: RE: [PATCH v3 ethtool 0/4] MAC Merge layer support

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2023 20:13:21 +0100

Hi all,
>From my perspective, it would be better to merge it on top of 
"[v5,ethtool-next,1/1] add support for IEEE 802.3cg-2019 Clause 148".

Thanks,
Piergiorgio

-----Original Message-----
From: Vladimir Oltean <[email-masked]> 
Sent: 10 February, 2023 22:33
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Michal Kubecek <[email-masked]>; Pranavi Somisetty
<[email-masked]>; Piergiorgio Beruto
<[email-masked]>
Subject: [PATCH v3 ethtool 0/4] MAC Merge layer support

Add support for the following 2 new commands:

$ ethtool [ --include-statistics ] --show-mm <eth> $ ethtool --set-mm <eth>
[ ... ]

as well as for:

$ ethtool --include-statistics --show-pause <eth> --src pmac|emac|aggregate
$ ethtool --include-statistics --show-pause <eth> --src pmac|emac|aggregate
$ ethtool -S <eth> --groups eth-mac eth-phy eth-ctrl rmon -- --src pmac

and some modest amount of documentation (the bulk of it is already
distributed with the kernel's ethtool netlink rst).

This patch set applies on top of "[v5,ethtool-next,1/1] add support for IEEE
802.3cg-2019 Clause 148", because otherwise it would conflict with it:
https://patchwork.kernel.org/project/netdevbpf/patch/d51013e0bc617651c0e6d29
[email-masked]/
I believe Michal hasn't gotten to it yet, but I'm putting Piergiorgio on CC
too, in case there are other reasons why I shouldn't wait for his patch to
be merged first.

Vladimir Oltean (4):
  netlink: add support for MAC Merge layer
  netlink: pass the source of statistics for pause stats
  netlink: pass the source of statistics for port stats
  ethtool.8: update documentation with MAC Merge related bits

 Makefile.am      |   2 +-
 ethtool.8.in     | 107 +++++++++++++++++++
 ethtool.c        |  16 +++
 netlink/extapi.h |   4 +
 netlink/mm.c     | 270 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 netlink/pause.c  |  33 +++++-
 netlink/stats.c  |  14 +++
 7 files changed, 440 insertions(+), 6 deletions(-)  create mode 100644
netlink/mm.c

--
2.34.1