Subject: RE: [PATCH net-next 1/9] lan78xx: add NAPI interface support

From: "John Efstathiades" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2021 15:23:30 -0000

Apologies for taking a while to reply.

> This patch is big. Given your description, it sounds like it can be
> split up. That will make reviewing a lot easier.

The patch changes the way the driver works in a fundamental way so finding
ways to split out the modifications into self-contained parts might be
tricky. I need to discuss with colleagues on how to best do this.

If that's not possible or results in some ugly patches do you have any
suggestions how we can make it easier for reviewers to understand and review
the patch?
 
> It would also be nice to include in the 0/X patch some performance
> data.

Yes, I can do that.

Thanks for the other comments. I'll sort out the issues before preparing an
update but it will take a few weeks to re-test the driver and prepare a new
patch.

John