Subject: Re: [evb] Re: [PATCH][RFC] net/bridge: add basic VEPA support

From: "Paul Congdon \(UC Davis\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Aug 2009 12:44:06 -0700

Arnd,

I don't think your scheme works too well because broadcast packet coming
from other interfaces on br0 would get replicated and sent across the wire
to ethB multiple times.

Paul

That way you should be able to do something
like:

Host A Host B

/- nalvcam0 -\ /- macvlan0 - 192.168.1.1
br0 -| |- ethA === ethB -|
\- nalvcam1 -/ \- macvlan1 - 192.168.1.2

Now assuming that macvlan0 and macvlan1 are in different
network namespaces or belong to different KVM guests, these
guests would be able to communicate with each other through
the bridge on host A, which can set the policy (using ebtables)
for this communication and get interface statistics on its
nalvcam interfaces. Also, instead of having the br0, Host A could
assign an IP addresses to the two nalvcam interfaces that host
B has, and use IP forwarding between the guests of host B.

_______________________________________________
Bridge mailing list
[email-masked]
https://lists.linux-foundation.org/mailman/listinfo/bridge