Subject: [PATCH 2.6.9-rc2 7/8] S2io: NAPI fix

From: "Ravinandan Arakali" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 18:16:18 -0700

Hi,
This patch contains the following NAPI related fixes.

1. When processing Rx packets, making sure that get offset of ring does not
cross the put
   offset.

2. when NAPI is not in use a new spinlock(put_lock) is used to make sure
accessing put
   offset of ring is atomic.

3. Also introduced a new vaiable put_pos in nic_t to keep track of absolute
position of the
   put pointer of Rx ring.

4. When NAPI is used, fill_rx_buffer is not called from the interrupt
handler(s2io_isr) .

5. In s2io_poll, decrementing packets processed is done inside the while
loop unlike out
   side it as was being done last time.

Signed-off-by: Raghavendra Koushik <[email-masked]>