Subject: Re: [PATCH] IP1000A: IC Plus update 2006-08-22

From: "Jesse Huang" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 16:38:54 +0800

Hi Francois:

In 0049-ip1000-switch-to-classical-tx_current-tx_dirty-ring-management.txt:

> The LastFreedTxBuff/LastTFDHoldAddr/LastTFDHoldCnt stuff in the xmit
> handler took care of the skb submitted by the upper layer when the
> ring was full, i.e. too late: the xmit handler now disables queueing
> (i.e. netif_stop_queue) when the whole Tx ring is completely full.
> The Tx irq handler does the required work to enable queuing again
> when some room is made. The remainder of the LastTFDHoldFoo (see
> ipg_nic_hard_start_xmit and ipg_nic_txfree) is moved to a tx_timeout
> handler where it imho belongs.

It is better to Use tx_timeout than the original one.
Thanks for that.

Best Regards,
Jesse Huang

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Francois Romieu" <[email-masked]>
To: "Jesse Huang" <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>; <[email-masked]>; <[email-masked]>;
<[email-masked]>; <[email-masked]>;
<[email-masked]>; <[email-masked]>
Sent: Thursday, August 31, 2006 6:43 AM
Subject: Re: [PATCH] IP1000A: IC Plus update 2006-08-22

Francois Romieu <[email-masked]> :
[...]
> Added:
0043-ip1000-use-the-new-IRQF_-constants-and-the-dma_-alloc-free-_coherent-AP
> I.txt
> 0044-ip1000-mixed-case-and-upper-case-removal.txt
> 0045-ip1000-add-ipg_-r-w-8-16-32-macros.txt

Added:
0046-ip1000-kiss-TxBuffDMAhandle-goodbye.txt
0047-ip1000-kiss-RxBuffDMAhandle-goodbye.txt
0048-ip1000-turn-StationAddr-0-1-2-into-an-array.txt
0049-ip1000-switch-to-classical-tx_current-tx_dirty-ring-management.txt

The previous branch for the driver at
git://electric-eye.fr.zoreil.com/home/romieu/linux-2.6.git has been stored
as 'netdev-ipg-20060831.old'. The current one is based on dc709bd and
named 'ipg'.

Nothing will be pushed tomorrow as I have some bugs to review in different
drivers.

-- 
Ueimor