Subject: Re: What is current sundance.c status

From: "Jesse Huang" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 09:14:30 +0800

Ok, I will generate those again with descriptions.

Thank you!

Best Regards,
Jesse Huang.

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Andrew Morton" <[email-masked]>
To: "Jesse Huang" <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>; <[email-masked]>;
<[email-masked]>
Sent: Thursday, October 12, 2006 10:55 AM
Subject: Re: What is current sundance.c status

On Thu, 12 Oct 2006 10:29:37 +0800
"Jesse Huang" <[email-masked]> wrote:

>     Would you tell me what is the current IP100A status? Should I
re-generate patches again. Would it put into kernel or not?

I'm sitting on a copy of them.  I didn't send them to Jeff last time
because:

sundance-remove-txstartthresh-and-rxearlythresh.patch

 There's no description of what this patent issue is.

sundance-fix-tx-pause-bug-reset_tx-intr_handler.patch

 There's no description of the bug which got fixed, nor how this patch
 fixes it.

sundance-change-phy-address-search-from-phy=1-to-phy=0.patch

 There's a (small) possibility that this will break on hardware which
 _doesn't_ have a phy at address 0.

sundance-correct-initial-and-close-hardware-step.patch

 There's no real description of the bug which is being fixed, nor of how
 this patch fixes it.

sundance-solve-host-error-problem-in-low-performance-embedded.patch

 No description of what the "host error problem" is, nor of what causes
 it, nor of how this patch fixes it.

So generally these patches are a bit worrying, and it is hard to gauge what
their risk factor is.