Subject: Re: dummy as IMQ replacement

From: "Remus" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2005 14:30:42 -0000

Hi Jamal,

I have problem with iproute2:
1) if I use current iproute2 I get this error when I run this command:
tc filter add dev eth2 parent ffff: protocol ip prio 10 u32 match u32 0 0 
flowid 1:1 action ipt -j MARK --set-mark 1 action mirred egress redirect dev 
dummy0
/usr/local/lib/iptables/libipt_mark.so: undefined symbol: register_match
 failed to find target MARK

bad action parsing
parse_action: bad value (11:ipt)!
Illegal "action"

2) if I use iproute2-2.6.9-jamal  I get this error:
 tc filter add dev eth2 parent ffff: protocol ip prio 10 u32 match u32 0 0 
flowid 1:1 action ipt -j MARK --set-mark 1 action mirred egress redirect dev 
dummy0
bad action type ipt
Usage: ... gact <ACTION> [RAND] [INDEX]
Where: ACTION := reclassify | drop | continue | pass RAND := random 
<RANDTYPE> <ACTION> <VAL>RANDTYPE := netrand | determVAL : = value not 
exceeding 10000INDEX := index value used
bad action parsing
parse_action: bad value (11:ipt)!
Illegal "action"

Any ideas?

May I use some iptables command to forward all incomming traffic to dummy?

Regards

Remus